Hot
Cold
Cold but going hot for this winter
Cold but would like to go hot.

mike1986

Re: Hot or Not? Let's see the 2018 Ratio
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018, 08:48:21 pm »
WARM!

Using 3kw immersion for frost protection and supple hose.

I do get this point.
At the moment my immersion is temporary out of action and it's back to just cold water and I do miss how supple the hose was with hot. Working with a non supple hose (trying to word correctly so no puns) is really annoying. However I'm having to scrub that little bit harder and longer for spider poo or bird deposits etc. So I am missing the Hot.
What I don't understand is why go to the trouble of arranging for Hot water and the extra running cost, purely for a supple hose and frost protection only?

Nathan, what immersion heater do you use? Do you have a link to where i can buy it?

Smudger

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 08:50:55 pm »
 Both - hot when temp drops below 3 deg C or for big first clean commercial work like schools

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2018, 11:04:09 pm »
WARM!

Using 3kw immersion for frost protection and supple hose.

I do get this point.
At the moment my immersion is temporary out of action and it's back to just cold water and I do miss how supple the hose was with hot. Working with a non supple hose (trying to word correctly so no puns) is really annoying. However I'm having to scrub that little bit harder and longer for spider poo or bird deposits etc. So I am missing the Hot.
What I don't understand is why go to the trouble of arranging for Hot water and the extra running cost, purely for a supple hose and frost protection only?

Nathan, what immersion heater do you use? Do you have a link to where i can buy it?

This is what I ordered
https://www.heatrodshop.com/product/he127a-ecoheat

However, I have a 500 ltr upright tank, insulated and its installed right down at the bottom.  I don't use the full 500ltrs and so my start temp of the water in my van tank can vary. I also switch my thermostat onto the highest setting. So some nights/most nights I'm starting the heating process again but at perhaps 40 degrees.
If I was to re do my tank, I would see if they can make a 27" 2kw rod instead
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

JandS

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2018, 03:55:59 pm »
60c at the brush is very hot....doesn't it knack your pump....must be at least 70c going out.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

nathankaye

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2018, 05:26:57 pm »
Don't quote me, but the pumps can operate upto 70 degrees.
(however check your pump details)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2018, 11:23:29 am »
This year we will be having a cold winter going by what I’ve seen looking at long range weather forecasts,leave it a couple of months then you’ll get a true reflection lol.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2018, 08:39:35 pm »
10 year running cold and did have a serious think about going hot this year and made some enquiries about them

quotes of 4k+ was a big no to me with what it will save,you say you work faster,well you can only work so fast and ive done well so far,as for loss of days being unable to work i could count on both hands over the years,and those days most people would had stayed at home anyway

so staying cold 

combat1

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2018, 10:08:54 am »
Hi Nathan, just to confirm, is it the 1kw immersion you have, as advertised?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2018, 10:28:39 am »
Mine is a standard 3KW 27" which I got from Toolstation or Screwfix a few years ago.

I've always used these - in 3 different van tanks (2 x 400 and a 650) since 2011.

I upgraded the electrics to 16 amp (caravan) sockets about 5 years ago as the 13 amp extension was getting warm after a few hours.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2018, 12:36:48 pm »
Poll is interesting.  Think there has been a massive increase in hot users over the last two years. 

We can see the direction it's taking and maybe will one day will be the majority.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Dry Clean

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2018, 01:07:15 pm »
Poll is interesting.  Think there has been a massive increase in hot users over the last two years. 

We can see the direction it's taking and maybe will one day will be the majority.

Not really, in any game there will always be fools faffers and people who treat their business like a hobby but most just get out there and get on with it.

nathankaye

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2018, 01:13:54 pm »
Quote from: nathankaye link=topic=213589.msg1918771#msg1918771 da

[/quote

This is what I ordered
https://www.heatrodshop.com/product/he127a-ecoheat

However, I have a 500 ltr upright tank, insulated and its installed right down at the bottom.  I don't use the full 500ltrs and so my start temp of the water in my van tank can vary. I also switch my thermostat onto the highest setting. So some nights/most nights I'm starting the heating process again but at perhaps 40 degrees.
If I was to re do my tank, I would see if they can make a 27" 2kw rod instead

Hi Nathan, just to confirm, is it the 1kw immersion you have, as advertised?

OK, so that didn't post how I wanted it to.
So my above quote which was posted the other day, shows which element I have and how I heat my tank.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2018, 02:15:27 pm »
Diesel heaters are hot water after pump emmersion setup you’d be putting hot-warmer water through the pump.

DeLuce

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2018, 08:16:57 pm »
Option to use both.
But I prefer hot!! :D