paul alan

Gona be a hot one here today
« on: June 12, 2018, 07:20:43 am »
So I'm taking the day off!

Sick to death of getting baked in the sun, been working like a dog 7 days for ages now and I'm burnt and knackered.

Gonna send a text out in a min and let em all know, wont be telling em I'll be watching Jeremy kile and eating an all day breakfast on the couch though.

Jonny 87

Re: Gona be a hot one here today
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 07:36:47 am »
Self employed for a reason. Enjoy.  :)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

alank

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 08:09:35 am »
Enjoy it paul  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 09:02:17 am »
So I'm taking the day off!

Sick to death of getting baked in the sun, been working like a dog 7 days for ages now and I'm burnt and knackered.

Gonna send a text out in a min and let em all know, wont be telling em I'll be watching Jeremy kile and eating an all day breakfast on the couch though.

dont feel guilty either paul!you deserve a day off if you ve been working 7 days a week......have a great day mate....
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 04:03:48 pm »
i work steady all year round these days

1.NO weekend working(apart from the odd sat which is very rare)
2.NO more than 6 hours "on the glass" per day
3.NO more than 4 or 5 days a week
4.at least 6 weeks off a year(xmas,holidays,sick days,bad weather days)
5.add on jobs get spread out so im not doing too many in one week

im actually more productive working this way.i dont get burnt out or really fed up with window cleaning.......dont get me wrong i work hard during those 6 hours and im very organised and efficient but ive had enough after this time. :)

james peters

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 05:40:19 pm »

im actually more productive working this way.i dont get burnt out or really fed up with window cleaning.......dont get me wrong i work hard during those 6 hours and im very organised and efficient but ive had enough after this time. :)
[/quote
I am exactly the same... I find it far more productive.....
but I am very organised, so no faffing around
I have a spare of everything just incase... and work in all weathers within reason.
If I work long days I get burnt out and fed up. 

paul alan

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 06:26:37 pm »

It actually takes discipline to limit yourself from not doing too much, I am looking for a franchisee at the minute so Its hard to take my foot off the peddle.

The transition of work from me to him will leave me needing work, the more I have beforehand the less I will need afterwards. I really do need to sort my stuff out.

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 06:29:58 pm »

Yep 6 hours is about right, its enough to start feeling it but not enough to go home completely exhausted (aprt from when its really hot that just takes it put of me)

i find if i try and work much more than that i end up in a bad mood, i finished at 5pm one day the other week (record) i took ages to get home through the traffic and was just aching and peed off.

9-3 Mon to Thurs and whatever takes my fancy on a friday seems to me my groove at the moment

paul alan

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 06:39:32 pm »
Ideally I would work Monday to Thursday 9-3, take Friday off while kids are in school and enjoy some peace and quiet, then 3-4 hours on a Saturday morning as I have always worked Saturdays and quite enjoy it.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 06:47:28 pm »
Ideally I would work Monday to Thursday 9-3, take Friday off while kids are in school and enjoy some peace and quiet, then 3-4 hours on a Saturday morning as I have always worked Saturdays and quite enjoy it.

sounds good to me paul.so your working long days/hours to build up enough work for a franchisee?

robbo333

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2018, 06:50:11 pm »
Daz, fair play to you mate.

I got a bit bored with the windows, so I started to do soft washing/pressure washing.

I do a test patch here and there for custies that I know are good, (obviously I ask first).

It's taken off and now I am overloaded with work!

I have 2 whiteboards on my wall and they are full of work to be done.

I just feel stressed.

And that's not what I signed up for!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 06:51:10 pm »

Yep 6 hours is about right, its enough to start feeling it but not enough to go home completely exhausted (aprt from when its really hot that just takes it put of me)

i find if i try and work much more than that i end up in a bad mood, i finished at 5pm one day the other week (record) i took ages to get home through the traffic and was just aching and peed off.

9-3 Mon to Thurs and whatever takes my fancy on a friday seems to me my groove at the moment

thats the best way adam...it suits me fine and im not in danger of turning into a workaholic! ;D

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 06:57:33 pm »
Daz, fair play to you mate.

I got a bit bored with the windows, so I started to do soft washing/pressure washing.

I do a test patch here and there for custies that I know are good, (obviously I ask first).

It's taken off and now I am overloaded with work!

I have 2 whiteboards on my wall and they are full of work to be done.

I just feel stressed.

And that's not what I signed up for!

ive been there myself mate.dont forget ive been window cleaning for 25 years now.i used to work longer hours,weekends(even sundays sometimes!)mainly when i was on ladders but i just ended up tired and miserable!

IMO its not worth it(despite extra money)....you gotta find the right work/life balance that suits you and your family....most people who work for other people cant do this(but you have the power if your a window cleaner) :)

robbo333

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2018, 07:02:43 pm »
Thanks Daz

I think I need to take a break and have a rethink!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

paul alan

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2018, 07:17:13 pm »

sounds good to me paul.so your working long days/hours to build up enough work for a franchisee?

Yes mate, I will be starting them on £400 per week so initially its gonna cost me £1,600 per month. Of which I will receive £320.00 back in royalties , but then I have time on my hands to start gaining more work.

The goal is to have 5 franchisee's earning £4k per month giving me £4k per month in royalties in the next 5 years, I feel like I'm stood at the bottom of a mountain with only a vague map to the top. But I have been here in life before and I learned one thing, never give up!

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2018, 07:28:29 pm »

Yes mate, I will be starting them on £400 per week so initially its gonna cost me £1,600 per month. Of which I will receive £320.00 back in royalties , but then I have time on my hands to start gaining more work.

The goal is to have 5 franchisee's earning £4k per month giving me £4k per month in royalties in the next 5 years, I feel like I'm stood at the bottom of a mountain with only a vague map to the top. But I have been here in life before and I learned one thing, never give up!

fair play paul..thats a hell of a lot of work to find though.id rather earn that 4k a month myself working short hours than the faff of finding all that work(and decent franchisees)to earn the same money.....

paul alan

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2018, 07:49:01 pm »
[/quote

fair play paul..thats a hell of a lot of work to find though.id rather earn that 4k a month myself working short hours than the faff of finding all that work(and decent franchisees)to earn the same money.....

Its all attainable, it might not be easy.....but it will have its benefits!