Go

Spotless water
« on: May 23, 2018, 04:17:26 pm »
Just had a go of one. Easy to use and pretty quick. Would be great if there were more.

H2GoKent

Re: Spotless water
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 10:29:59 pm »
There aren't any in Thanet, (Margate, Broadstairs, Ramsgate) Kent yet, but I'm pleased as that's where I am and I supply purified water to windies.
I think I'm cheaper than them, they charge about 3p a litre is that right?

A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

Mick Kent

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 12:19:25 am »
If your cheaper than 3p a litre then more fool you.
I charge £150 a month for unlimited water for each man and van.
Only have 5 people who i supply to but it more than pays for itself and some. You cant be making hardly anything if your less than 3p a litre surely?

Go

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 12:46:41 pm »
Think it was 3p. Can’t remember if vat was in that though.

Go

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 12:47:36 pm »
Where are you both based? We need water all over the place.

H2GoKent

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 02:39:10 pm »
Station Road, Westgate
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.

H2GoKent

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 02:50:26 pm »
If your cheaper than 3p a litre then more fool you.
I charge £150 a month for unlimited water for each man and van.
Only have 5 people who i supply to but it more than pays for itself and some. You cant be making hardly anything if your less than 3p a litre surely?

Me and my partner in the water business have made pure water at our homes for years, so to be honest I don't need to make a lot from it, my missus is just glad to get her garden back. If I can make it so I get my water basically for free that's great. I have a 700 litre tank in the van and fill it 3 or 4 times a week so it can add up to easily 8000 litres a month

Just a small point if you charge £150 for unlimited and one of your guys uses 5000 litres then you are charging 3p a litre I think, but I do take our point I could charge more, but I don't need or want to. As you say it pays its way for you.
Just being nosey, where are you based?

H2GoKent

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 02:50:53 pm »
Where are you both based? We need water all over the place.
Forgot to add my number 07919957393

STEVE-UK

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 06:50:20 am »
Yep Spotless are 3.6p  inc VAT per litre

We sell water on a sliding scale basis, from 5p - 2p per litre depending on amount purchased

Mick Kent

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 12:07:51 am »
Im SE London Woolwich

jimiwindows

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 06:31:43 pm »
spotless water clean all the zip cars around the county and use 20.000 liters a day so selling it to window cleaners makes sense

Robert2k

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 07:32:17 pm »
How long did it take for your key fob to arrive? I signed up and have been waiting 13 days still nothing through the post.

Go

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 10:05:10 pm »
Mine came pretty quick. Couldn’t remember the code though. Used the one in Swindon the other day.  Ionics looks a bit flash. Who buys their gear?

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2018, 09:57:56 am »
Think it was 3p. Can’t remember if vat was in that though.

I am guessing that price excludes VAT. So VAT will be added.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2018, 10:01:34 am »
It is interesting to note that Spotless Water are currently prioritising filling stations on the basis of sign-ups, I understand.

So the more that have signed up to an account in a given area will have their Spotless Water filling station delivered ahead of those with fewer sign-ups.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2018, 10:11:36 am »
Personally I feel that spotless water stations are bad for our industry. It's another thing to make it even easier to become a window cleaner, or for customers to do it themselves.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2018, 10:21:36 am »
Personally I feel that spotless water stations are bad for our industry. It's another thing to make it even easier to become a window cleaner, or for customers to do it themselves.

Hey Lee, hows it going? That thought did pass my mind at one stage. Competition will always be there, I guess. I look at it differently tho. I see a supply chain that could allow me to operate Nationally, for example ( personally)  Collectively that too might be seen as a bad thing since pricing would overtime ( if more and more window cleaners take this view) drive prices down.

It's a hard one.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2018, 07:35:53 pm »

Farpoint but I believe that they only allow window cleaners to sign up otherwise we will have the the odd customer who wants to save some money turn up with a barrel before you know it we could have a queue of people I think they're only allowing window cleaners to sign up I don't think they want to annoy window cleaners in that way
Another thing though only really tight customers would think of something like that they still need to go out by brush pole that's really all sorts of stuff then actually do it people that have bought an expensive house already pay a Gardiner and milkman a tradesman and a nanny really have better things to do then clutter their house up
And clean their own windows

Shrek

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2018, 07:45:29 pm »
I have a customer who lives in a bungalow, she bought a karcher for the insides. She used it for a couple of weeks before she couldn’t be arsed anymore and asked me to do them instead.
Point being, these people who buy stuff like that karchers or whatever usually get bored eventually and get someone proper to do the job

p1w1

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2018, 08:24:31 pm »
In 15-16 years of window cleaning i've only ever had 1 customer who cancelled saying their going to start cleaning them themselves and actually started doing it, they lasted about a year before they asked me to start again. People only have a window cleaner simply because they can not be arsed/to busy to do it themselves ( i feel exactly the same way when the wife bugs me to clean our own windows)  ;D.
Ionics used to and probably still do sell little kits you can connect to an outside tap for the homeowner to clean their own windows but it doesn't happen.