Plankton

Re: Window cleaners doing jet washing
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2018, 09:04:02 am »
Gives me a sore back , why do they make karchers so short?!!
To make miserable people even more miserable.

jk999

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2018, 10:48:42 am »
I can't See any of my customers having jet washing done with a professional company if I offered a cheaper service with a karcher jet washing. They are not bothered how it's done they would even be happy if you got on your hands and knees and scrubbed it with a scrubbing brush 😁

Stoots

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2018, 11:43:38 am »
I think most customers would think it would be cheaper done by a window cleaner.

The same customer would probably ring a pressure washing company and pay a lot more because they are "professionals" it's all about image and marketing...

jk999

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2018, 02:12:52 pm »
In Yorkshire I don't think so

Dane

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2018, 04:17:26 pm »
I’ve just done another today, was good money.

I have on my website that I do them and they can be a very nice extra! Don’t get me wrong, there are people who want it doing for pence but I’m happy to walk away from them sorts of jobs as always

s.w.c

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2018, 10:21:00 pm »
I like doing pressure washing as add ones for existing customers I brought half average priced petrol and a kransel  rotary gizmo an good turbo nozzle with all the bits it was 800 sobs and first year paid me pack and I'm still using it 7 years on.

Slacky

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2018, 01:58:39 am »
Did this Friday.

This is half of it, there was some path as well. 2.5 hours. £285.00.

Got to go back and sand it.

nathankaye

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2018, 12:25:55 pm »
Im not a fan or re sanding. I liked it for the first couple of times, especially on a nice warm day it was therapeutic. Now its a tedious chore and I try n get out of it if I can. I give two prices, one without me re sanding and i tell them its cheaper for them to do or else its labour n hassle of me doing so
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2018, 12:33:47 pm »
I did a driveway a month or so ago where the customer re-sanded it afterwards. I went back to take a look a week later, looked bloody good!

RPCCS

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2018, 10:02:13 pm »
On the jet washing pages on ciu and other forums, sadly us window cleaners offering a jet washing service are not held in a favourable light. They feel we are karcher warriors and under pricing cowboys.
Lol, these are often broad sweeping statements as most of the time I find its the gardeners who are the karcher warriors  ;D ;D
This is a quick (less than a minute) vid of someones standard that ive been called out to quote and im also quoting to rectify their clean as well  ;D
But if were venturing into widening our cleaning services, please i beg dont use karchers and cheap petrol machines  ;D ;D ::)roll

https://youtu.be/wcGf4l0slxU
Sadly a lot of the Joe Public still consider window cleaners to be "on the fiddle", or doing it for beer money. So a window cleaner who does jet washing would possibly be considered the same. I advertise to my customers that I do jet washing, and have had a few jobs, now the better weather is arriving, iI will start promoting it more.Not using a Karcher either, Honda GX160,and it gives me back ache, but then window cleaning  gives me neck ache, not sure which is worse.
Cheers Rich

Splash & dash

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2018, 11:03:53 pm »
On the jet washing pages on ciu and other forums, sadly us window cleaners offering a jet washing service are not held in a favourable light. They feel we are karcher warriors and under pricing cowboys.
Lol, these are often broad sweeping statements as most of the time I find its the gardeners who are the karcher warriors  ;D ;D
This is a quick (less than a minute) vid of someones standard that ive been called out to quote and im also quoting to rectify their clean as well  ;D
But if were venturing into widening our cleaning services, please i beg dont use karchers and cheap petrol machines  ;D ;D ::)roll

Sadly a lot of the Joe Public still consider window cleaners to be "on the fiddle", or doing it for beer money. So a window cleaner who does jet washing would possibly be considered the same.

Years ago I would agree with you but I think most are now viewed as far more professional since the introduction of wfp do t know why but that’s what I have found I think the mentality of some people is that the family car is used and a set of ladders and bucket makes the person look unprofessional and with some they are but not all , wfp is totaly different generaly you have a sighn written van dedicated to just work straight away you are more professional beacause of that in the customers eyes they see someone had invested in all the kit to do the job . I started out trad with a car and that was the way some viewed me but since going over to wfp and van there attitude is totaly different they view you like a tradesman

I advertise to my customers that I do jet washing, and have had a few jobs, now the better weather is arriving, iI will start promoting it more.Not using a Karcher either, Honda GX160,and it gives me back ache, but then window cleaning  gives me neck ache, not sure which is worse.

Slacky

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2018, 08:44:35 am »

Sadly a lot of the Joe Public still consider window cleaners to be "on the fiddle", or doing it for beer money. So a window cleaner who does jet washing would possibly be considered the same. I advertise to my customers that I do jet washing, and have had a few jobs, now the better weather is arriving, iI will start promoting it more.Not using a Karcher either, Honda GX160,and it gives me back ache, but then window cleaning  gives me neck ache, not sure which is worse.

I find using a turbo nozzle does my arms in. But do they eat up the dirt! Really impressive!

zesty

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2018, 08:53:28 am »

Ideally you need a gx390 or Loncin g420 with 21 litres per minute. That saves the back as the work is so quick.

I used to use a 15lpm machine which was good, but having a 21 lpm machine is night and day.

As for window cleaners being seen as karcher warriors, I have a 2nd website dedicated to pressure washing, yet most of my pressure washing comes from the window cleaning page, no idea why as they both rank high.

Doesn’t bother me though, it’s excellent money, just messy and a bit of a faff to pack up 

Smudger

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2018, 02:55:14 pm »
Honda 160 is NEARLY as bad as a Karcher  ;D

moss removal is always a winner...

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk