Plankton

Re: Pricing to Clean Fascia's and Soffit's
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 02:25:01 pm »
Done a couple of jobs recently and they work out way different per meter.
1st £270 in a town I've not done before so was keen to get seen in the area. Took me nearly seven hours and the guy shadowed me the whole time appart from a brew hear and there which i never took up the offer for. Told him to watch the spray drift as it would irrate his eyes but for what ever reason he stood a few meters away from 12ish to 1845 watching me set up to packing away. Didnt bother me but tried to bore him with Dazmonds collection of brushes and so on but it didnt deter him!
2nd job £160 less than two hours, no vents on the soffits which sped things up as i normally go back round with a cloth over the brush to sweep the dirty drips away.
So it's ok for me to say x amount for this and that but my prices will vary hear and there and some jobs will take longer for different reasons but even at just under 40 bucks an hour aint bad for a socalled cheaply priced job.

Plankton

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 02:30:37 pm »
Gutter clearing is always extra prices start at 70 quid for a front and back we use gutter vac with no problems at all

On average 2 runs are done in 20 mins from arrival to departure - genny stays on van - no lifting off unless it’s a big house, but then the price is bigger too

Darran
I'm too para about leaving the geny on in the van although I'll run a small petrol pump. Take a look at Cookies work on the window frames it shows how easy you can get caught out with the machine vibrations turning it towards something.

Plankton

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2018, 02:33:53 pm »
Sorry Slackys post... which I can't copy and paste!

Stoots

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2018, 05:02:14 pm »
I just quoted an fsg and a gutter clearance on a house. £400

Her reply was her last guy charged £40

You should see the house.... : :o

I don't know is who was more shocked me or her with the prices.

nathankaye

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2018, 05:19:24 pm »
I just quoted an fsg and a gutter clearance on a house. £400

Her reply was her last guy charged £40

You should see the house.... : :o

I don't know is who was more shocked me or her with the prices.

Saw the house, thats absolutely crazy
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dane

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2018, 05:24:10 pm »
I had a lady accept a £227 quote for gutters cleared out and FSG cleaned (based on my current prices after measuring)..... she was really happy with the work too.

A week later I quoted another lady and she said my prices were “a lot more” then what she had previously had them done for, she wanted a load of pressure washing doing too and it was around the £500 mark and she wanted a grand total like her previous quotes of about £160. I just told her politely to bite their hand off

NWH

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2018, 06:19:34 pm »
THIS is what I mean when I say why waste your time I say to then please don’t compare it with a window cleaning price,if I want £50 to do the windows it may be over £200 to wash down facias and gutters which won’t take long. In some cases then inquiring and getting a price can give them the ball ache about you and make them question your quick 50 for the Windows.  I’d rather clean windows

C & S

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2018, 09:52:55 pm »
I adore add on jobs I do ALOT of them.

Price high. tbf I do get alot.

But I sell them well. 'we clean with pvc cleaner etc etc to keep them white for a long time. (sprayed with screwfix degreaser in real terms)

Gutter vac makes cleaning gutters so easy.  Generator by back of van. 2 extension leads and a skyvac. Jobs done. Can fly around a house. Most of time if their home I have to pop back to van for a cig break to make it seem a little longer.

With 5 plus gutters in a day. Its VERY easy £

If like fsg and I do an immaculate job but they are HARD work.

If you have a very compact window round which is well priced. Your prob earning more from just being on the glass so I understand windies who wont do any add ons. Why would they.

As for glass conny roofs I will put in a sky high quote. hardly get them. but I am glad

KS Cleaning

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2018, 10:10:34 pm »
Do NOT price as Windows with a bit on top lol,absolute crazy way to price it. It’s a horrible job a don’t want to do em so if I price I price per linear meter it soon makes the husband get the ladder out the garage. And once he’s cleaned them next time when he realises he won’t be trying that again you’ll get what you want for cleaning it. Believe it or not we are in this to earn money 😂.
When people are saying they put a bit on top of the windows, they mean the hourly rate, so if they earn £40 per hour on windows  they would charge upwards of £50 per hour on FSG.

Splash & dash

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2018, 11:12:43 pm »
Gutter clearing is always extra prices start at 70 quid for a front and back we use gutter vac with no problems at all

On average 2 runs are done in 20 mins from arrival to departure - genny stays on van - no lifting off unless it’s a big house, but then the price is bigger too

Darran

At last someone like us I was beginning to think we must be doing something wrong , we do unblock most down pipes with the vac , and rarely get the ladders off , yes you cannot do ever one with the vac but that’s where your site visit comes in to spot any potential problems and price accordingly we have 15 gutter vac jobs to do over the next 4 weeks never had so many at this time of the year : I think a lot of this a vac is no good or takes longer is inexperienced people not really knowing what they are doing or having a very poor vac system we regularly do up to 4-5 storeys and don’t have a problem at this height : 2-3 storey houses take less than an hour from pulling up to driving away very good money and easy work

NWH

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2018, 09:58:23 am »
£50 per hour for this work is not good money in my area you’ll do better on the Windows,you can clean a lot of stuff in 1 hour it would seem cheap even to the customer. 1 hour WFP gets a hell of a lot of glass cleaned.

Plankton

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2018, 10:14:49 am »
Another issue with the vac is the filter, the ones supplied aren't suitable for wet muck and will clog up quickly and reduce the air flow, (I don't know what filter you get with the skyvac) . If you remove the filter you will cause damage to the motors like I done couple of weeks ago where I've damaged one of the 3 motors. 

Dry Clean

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2018, 10:27:47 am »
The only problem Iv found with gutter vacs is not being able to get the nozzle in due to the roof tiles being to far out over the actual gutter, you then have to get the ladders out to do the job which defeats their purpose, same goes if you knock
an end cap or similar off the guttering, if you're looking to remove ladders from you work life then gutter vacs are not the answer.

NWH

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2018, 10:40:36 am »
On a lot of old houses the gutter vac struggled because of dry cleans reasons,also if they have support bars every 3-4 foot stuff gets stuck under those. If it’s safe enough it’s sonetimes easier to get up there.