Steve Weatherley

Pricing to Clean Fascia's and Soffit's
« on: April 24, 2018, 08:14:39 am »
I've been doing this for 12 years now and I think I need to re-visit my pricing for this type of work.
What do you guys chrage PER LENGTH on average to clean the soffit, fasica and outside of gutter? This doesn't include clearing the inside of the gutter btw.

Smudger

Re: Pricing to Clean Fascia's and Soffit's
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 08:24:12 am »
I don’t  charge my the meter - jobs are priced on access and how bad they are after doing thousands I tend to know by eye the length but more importantly the time a job takes so a semi (say 5 meters) would take 30 minutes front and back plus windows is £50

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 08:41:09 am »
Im the same I don't have a formula other than have a look and come up with a price.

I base it on how long I think it will.take and also how busy I am, if it's going to take me away from regular work ill go in a fair bit higher, if I have spare time and I want the job I'll go in lower.

As a general rule I would aim to earn at least £10 ph more than cleaning windows.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 08:43:28 am »
I don’t  charge my the meter - jobs are priced on access and how bad they are after doing thousands I tend to know by eye the length but more importantly the time a job takes so a semi (say 5 meters) would take 30 minutes front and back plus windows is £50

Darran

this is how i price them up too.......

when you ve cleaned a lot of them over a period of years you know how long theyll take.....i always charge a fair bit more if their not an existing window cleaning customer though...regulars get a discount.... ;)
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 08:51:53 am »

Darran

Same here

Dane

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 09:11:52 am »

Darran

And this doesn’t include clearing out Darran?

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 09:27:07 am »

Darran

Wow that's cheap.
If its a non customer I charge £40 a side, so front n back is £80 or front, back n sides would be £120.
If its a customer and a good customer then its a min of £30 per side
If its clearing out the gutter as well, then its double unless its just a little section, then its £5 per meter to clean out.
Im south yorkshire, doncaster
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dane

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 09:39:14 am »

Darran

Wow that's cheap.
If its a non customer I charge £40 a side, so front n back is £80 or front, back n sides would be £120.
If its a customer and a good customer then its a min of £30 per side
If its clearing out the gutter as well, then its double unless its just a little section, then its £5 per meter to clean out.
Im south yorkshire, doncaster

I currently charge £3 a metre to clear out, £3 per metre to wash down... I’ve been wondering about changing it a little but unaure in which direction - this thread cane at a good time

Plankton

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 09:42:58 am »
I'm around £4 per meter and extra to clear the guttering and extra to clean the windows otherwise I will rinse the soap off them. Although a 3 bed semi is around £50 back and front and £60 back front and sides {no gutter just fascia and soffit at side}. Generally it's non window cleaning customers so they will be £25 for the windows and frames. I've put the gutter clearing price up online from £3 to £4 pm which has reduced the number of enquiries.

Dane

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 09:52:15 am »
Are you guys using the gutter vac and WFP to clean or bucket and ladder Jobby? I guess this it’s a factor too?

Plankton

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2018, 10:57:54 am »
I've ditched the vac but you'd need to be keen to clean upvc without wfp these days. If you were trad it could pay off to buy a clx for upvc cleans.

Dane

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2018, 11:06:30 am »
I've ditched the vac but you'd need to be keen to clean upvc without wfp these days. If you were trad it could pay off to buy a clx for upvc cleans.

Out of interest How come you ditched the vac? I was thinking of investing in one

Plankton

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2018, 12:03:41 pm »
I've got to much equipment going on and moving stuff about in the van constantly is causing me problems. Find it easier just using a telescopic pole with a scoop on the end. Lifting a 6.5kw geny in and out for 40 bucks isn't worth it and I've just been knocking back any jobs where it doesn't suit me. I thought about selling it but it'll have it's place at some point, bearing in mind I've done £140 in an hour using it!
I wouldn't let me put you off getting one as I'm a grumpy bugger with most things recently.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2018, 01:08:59 pm »

Out of interest How come you ditched the vac? I was thinking of investing in one
You cant beat getting up a ladder to do gutter clearing end of!
Vacs dont unblock down pipes or get under sloping tiles going over gutter..by the time i faffed about setting up the vac and camera etc i could of whipped the ladder off the roof of van and done a side of a house!

Shrek

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2018, 01:27:07 pm »

Vacs dont unblock down pipes or get under sloping tiles going over gutter..by the time i faffed about setting up the vac and camera etc i could of whipped the ladder off the roof of van and done a side of a house!

Doesn’t take long for a vac really , probably upto an hour all in (detached 4 sides no conny) so you just gotta price it for that

Dane

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 01:27:57 pm »

I understand where you’re coming from and like all equipment I’m sure it has its uses for the right job.

NWH

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 01:33:31 pm »
Do NOT price as Windows with a bit on top lol,absolute crazy way to price it. It’s a horrible job a don’t want to do em so if I price I price per linear meter it soon makes the husband get the ladder out the garage. And once he’s cleaned them next time when he realises he won’t be trying that again you’ll get what you want for cleaning it. Believe it or not we are in this to earn money 😂.

NWH

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 01:39:31 pm »
Don’t fall into the trap of ending up paying for all your equipment poles-resin-van expenses out of your own daily wage,price things right so there’s a bit left over so the customer ends up paying for all those bits.Any add ons I do I price high and only ever do them on wet days,I never clean weatherboard roofs or facias on dry days when I could be caining Windows.

NWH

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 01:46:06 pm »
£40 a side as mentioned will work out right if it’s a standard 4 bed house just for facias and soffits,I’ve just priced one and didn’t get it which suits me fine.

Smudger

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2018, 02:24:07 pm »
Gutter clearing is always extra prices start at 70 quid for a front and back we use gutter vac with no problems at all

On average 2 runs are done in 20 mins from arrival to departure - genny stays on van - no lifting off unless it’s a big house, but then the price is bigger too

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk