G Griffin

Re: Its like theres a fire in my tank
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 09:50:18 am »
Put it out! Get some water in there.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 10:03:16 am »
Do you use hot all year round nathan? Seems like a waste of electric. I fitted one to mine but only used it when it dropped below freezing.

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 10:10:14 am »
Do you use hot all year round nathan? Seems like a waste of electric. I fitted one to mine but only used it when it dropped below freezing.

I like the cleaning ability of it, more than keeping pipe work soft. Especially after all the mess the snow has left on frameworks etc.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 10:13:26 am »

I like the cleaning ability of it, more than keeping pipe work soft. Especially after all the mess the snow has left on frameworks etc.

And yet you used to say that your customers windows are still clean after 4 weeks, so your cleaning clean windows that’s why you are so fast 💨 ..... but you need hot water for the cleaning ability  ???
I think the mess from the snow has gone now  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 11:30:00 am »
i can see the day when your tank melts one day nathan! ;D
price higher/work harder!

windowswashed

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 11:35:36 am »
I bet if you take the insulation off your tank you'll discover your tank is buckling out of shape and even melting where the heater source sits in your tank. Looking dodgy, you don't need water that hot to clean windows, even if you only raise the water temperature to warmish from cold would make a significant difference. Hope your home electrics don't start a fire or worse still catch your van alight.

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 12:14:28 pm »
Haha, you could be right that the good old gaffa tape is holding the tanks form....... But i doubt it.

At the moment i dont fill my tank full, due to the modifications ive made in the back of the van, so it keeps the weight OK.  So im probably only filling maybe 350 - 400 litres or so and also running the immersion for less time to compensate.  I have a little vent hole at the opposite side ofmy tank with a push fit ball tap, but only so much steam can escape through a 6mm pipe. Over my main lid I place a cloth to stop water leakage as these lids ive never found to be water tight and this fixes that problem. I havr cut a slit in the cloth to allow steam to escape through the lid which is vented (seen on my van layout vids).  But im guessing the open space in the tank was full of steam, so when i took the lid off, it had its chance to escape.  Pending water temp when i fill her up next time, i might try n cut another hour of the time.

Yes shrek im cleaning virtually clean windows, but one round is in an area where alot of birds keep nesting and guaranteed after two days or so of clean windows they will get bird muck back on for a couple of weeks before im back there.
Im also picking up alot of new work and hot is way more superior on first cleans than cold and chemicals. I know dome will feelna strong urge to say opposite but in my opinion you would be wrong.
Hot water cuts through algae mess really easy and stubborn marks as well.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 12:18:21 pm »
He's been melting concrete and causing havoc all morning. lol.

Shrek

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 12:33:50 pm »
Ok on first cleans it’ll cut through all the algae and dirt and so on and then on your virtually clean windows it’s not doing much then is it. Bird crap doesn’t take long to shift at all , you’ll probably gain a few seconds as in 2 or 3 seconds on a bird crap with your hot water. I clean houses surrounded by trees and birds nests and there’s probably 1 bird crap on 1 window , Sorry but you saying you’ve picked up work that’s covered in bird crap every month is rollocks... guaranteed bird poo 😂😂😂

nathankaye

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 01:16:09 pm »
Ok on first cleans it’ll cut through all the algae and dirt and so on and then on your virtually clean windows it’s not doing much then is it. Bird crap doesn’t take long to shift at all , you’ll probably gain a few seconds as in 2 or 3 seconds on a bird crap with your hot water. I clean houses surrounded by trees and birds nests and there’s probably 1 bird crap on 1 window , Sorry but you saying you’ve picked up work that’s covered in bird crap every month is rollocks... guaranteed bird poo 😂😂😂

Its ok buddy, if your happy with cold water then thats great mate. No qualms.
Im also not trying to make you go hot either.
I prefer it to cold its as simple as it comes, each to their own. I know my work and whats on the glasd or else ild be quite rubbish at my job that i take pride in.  Same applies no doubt to you. Glad you enjoy cold water working
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 01:24:19 pm »
I'll admit I've never tried hot but I've never felt the need.

I can see the benefits in winter, it stops everything freezing.

But I wouldn't want a big radiator like that in my van on a hot summers day nor need warm supple hoses.

I reckon it would cost more in electrical trick than it would save in time cleaning.

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 01:39:09 pm »

But I wouldn't want a big radiator like that in my van on a hot summers day nor need warm supple hoses.

I reckon it would cost more in electrical trick than it would save in time cleaning.

Hot water has its benefits other than being a radiator. Thats why some feel compelled to spend five grand on a system.

The cost of electric, use a smart meter and run the costs through your books.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2018, 01:41:59 pm »

Its ok buddy, if your happy with cold water then thats great mate. No qualms.
Im also not trying to make you go hot either.
I prefer it to cold its as simple as it comes, each to their own. I know my work and whats on the glasd or else ild be quite rubbish at my job that i take pride in.  Same applies no doubt to you. Glad you enjoy cold water working

There's a skill in knowing what is needed to get a job done, for most guys using hot would be no different to a guy scrubbing the window three times when one scrub would have done, that said if the three scrub guy ends up with one scrub because of using hot then its money well spent for him/her, but at the end of the day hot or cold one scrub would have still done the job.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2018, 01:45:21 pm »

ironically the truth is adam is hot water is more effective in the warmer months.the water is 50 -60c at brush end so cleaning snail trails,bird muck,sticky pollen,bee spots,green algae and the grit you get on frames and glass from nearby gutters is easier.it literally just melts away the dirt....the windows are also virtually dry as soon as you finish a job.....

so you have the best of all seasons all year round......warm supple hoses and no freeze ups in winter and added cleaning power in the warmer months....

nathankaye

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 02:52:42 pm »
Before i went onto wfp, i used to love guys turn up in my areas because more than not, I would end up with their work. It was brilliant, i used to rub my hands together every time i saw them.
I thought wfp was a complete waste of time and thought everyone using them were fools!

Then I went wfp and wondered why I didnt do it sooner and realised it wasnt the equipment doing a bad job butthe people using the equipment.  Ihadto eat my words and humbly admit I was wrong.
I feel this is the case here!
All the ones really attacking using Hot and guessing what its like in comparison havent really tried HOT water to actually know the difference. Maybe that day will come, maybe it wont and it doesnt matter as each to their own. But i wont be scoffing at ones using cold the same as ones scoff the ones for using Hot, but then i can forgive their ignorance perhaps  ::)roll
 ;D  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2018, 03:02:54 pm »
we all run cleaning businesses.its obvious to most of us that hot water will help with cleaning rather than just cold water....

andyM

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2018, 04:08:56 pm »
I can see there's a few people here that haven't been to work today.
One of the Plebs

nathankaye

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2018, 04:19:55 pm »
Nope, its just nice to work at a steady pace
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Michael Peterson

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2018, 04:45:48 pm »
I love the creepy heavy breathing the most ;-)

G Griffin

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2018, 06:12:37 pm »
Birds nest from February to August not all year round.
Do you really need your water so hot, Nathan? The difference with these expensive systems is that they supply on demand hot water so you don't need to drive round with a mobile sauna in the back of your van.
Hot does clean better but I'm not sure about your way of doing it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

KS Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2018, 06:36:29 pm »

ironically the truth is adam is hot water is more effective in the warmer months.the water is 50 -60c at brush end so cleaning snail trails,bird muck,sticky pollen,bee spots,green algae and the grit you get on frames and glass from nearby gutters is easier.it literally just melts away the dirt....the windows are also virtually dry as soon as you finish a job.....

so you have the best of all seasons all year round......warm supple hoses and no freeze ups in winter and added cleaning power in the warmer months....
You would have known all of this when you had your gas heater Daz, but when you decided to rip the gas heater out and went back to cold you said time after time that hot wasn’t any quicker and had no real benefits??

Dry Clean

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2018, 06:41:38 pm »
Before i went onto wfp, i used to love guys turn up in my areas because more than not, I would end up with their work. It was brilliant, i used to rub my hands together every time i saw them.
I thought wfp was a complete waste of time and thought everyone using them were fools!

Then I went wfp and wondered why I didnt do it sooner and realised it wasnt the equipment doing a bad job butthe people using the equipment.  Ihadto eat my words and humbly admit I was wrong.
I feel this is the case here!
All the ones really attacking using Hot and guessing what its like in comparison havent really tried HOT water to actually know the difference. Maybe that day will come, maybe it wont and it doesnt matter as each to their own. But i wont be scoffing at ones using cold the same as ones scoff the ones for using Hot, but then i can forgive their ignorance perhaps  ::)roll
 ;D  ;D

So what you are saying is similar to hot users these guys didn't think cold water could clean glass. lol.

Splash & dash

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2018, 07:07:36 pm »
https://youtu.be/OezEoESVr74

First time its bellowed out like this

Lol that’s what it’s like all the time with a diesel boiler 😂😂😂😂

Shrek

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2018, 07:21:02 pm »
I’m not saying your wrong to use hot water , obviously everyone pleases themselves. Guys on the coast with salt all over the windows etc sure it would speed up their job, but Nathan you used to always bang on about cleaning virtually clean windows so the hot water is doing jack all for your virtually clean windows. I doubt your doing that many first cleans everyday to make a big difference to your working day.
Then there’s the argument about having warm hands ... I mean come on ffs ... My hands are cold for the 1st 1 or 2 jobs of the day and then I’m warmed up.
Then there’s the argument that hot water leaves the windows virtually dry by the time you’ve finished.... does it really matter?
Not you but someone else on here said cold water leaves spots and hot doesn’t .... that’s down to that persons technique, not the temperature of the water

Dry Clean

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2018, 07:25:19 pm »

You would have known all of this when you had your gas heater Daz, but when you decided to rip the gas heater out and went back to cold you said time after time that hot wasn’t any quicker and had no real benefits??

You couldnt make it up, lol, its worse with Nathan, he was knocking out 30 to 35 properties a day using 10lts of cold water per property because in his own words after a month theres very little to remove on the windows that would require anymore time
or water, I get the feeling their right hand doesnt know what their left hand is doing. lol.

paul alan

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2018, 07:27:53 pm »

That's one thing that's really attractive to me about hot, the windows drying quickly!

I do some washing up at home, and I notice if I use steaming hot hand burning water that when I'm done the plates are bone dry and spot free. If the same water is at a lower temp and takes longer to dry then there is water marks left there.

If I had the dough I would buy a proper hot system just for that benefit alone.

Dry Clean

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2018, 07:55:10 pm »

That's one thing that's really attractive to me about hot, the windows drying quickly!

I do some washing up at home, and I notice if I use steaming hot hand burning water that when I'm done the plates are bone dry and spot free. If the same water is at a lower temp and takes longer to dry then there is water marks left there.

If I had the dough I would buy a proper hot system just for that benefit alone.

Are you having trouble with spotting on the windows you clean Paul ? throw some of your hot tap water onto one of your own windows and then throw some of the same water not heated next to it and check the results, there wont be a difference.
Iv used hot and cant say Iv noticed a great difference in drying times but then I didnt linger long enough or care enough to find out, as long as my water is purified and I have done my job right it will dry spot free no matter how long it takes to dry.
It like these guys bought into hot and then went looking for reasons to justify their decision.

nathankaye

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2018, 09:06:07 pm »
One minute people are telling me im not using hot and the next,  people tell me its too Hot.

Yes the back of my van is nice n toastie and thats the way I like it.
The simple fact of the matter is hot water cleans more efficiently than cold.  If using whatever chemicals as well, hot n chemical ie tfr will work much better than cold n tfr and so on n so on.
Sure, not every maitenance clean has bird poop on or tree sap or snail slime.  But when they do, ild sooner have hot at my disposal rather then not.
Ive been caught out a couple of times where ive been too busy to put the immersion on and ive come across egg on windows and dried on bird poop and I certainly know I aint got hot water. Theres a noticeable difference in cleaning/scrubbing!

So my personal choice is to have hot all the time and be equipped to deal with it all rather than not. Its that simple.
I dont wish to carry gas in the back of the van.  My tank durability is good and no melting or deforming is happening.
I dont wish to fork out several grand at this point for a diesil heater either.  So for me, this is the best option and I also advertise myself as using hot water.

Like i said, remain cold water if wish or remain hot if thats whats best for you. Personally ive used both, seen the differences and made my informed choice
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

james peters

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2018, 09:12:26 pm »
i had nice hot water in the cold spell. strait from tap to barrels .

nathankaye

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2018, 09:33:41 pm »
i had nice hot water in the cold spell. strait from tap to barrels .

Some people get all the luck  ;D ;D

I wish my water was as soft as thats one cheaper option from go.   
How low is your tds?   Is it one Di or two you use, or just an RO.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

james peters

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2018, 09:51:41 pm »
i use back pack and barrels . so i just put hot water from my kitchen tap through my di into my barrels. im not a newbie. i have been in this buisness for 26 years.  i have just taken a knock in life! but its taught me a lot

nathankaye

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2018, 10:10:04 pm »
i use back pack and barrels . so i just put hot water from my kitchen tap through my di into my barrels. im not a newbie. i have been in this buisness for 26 years.  i have just taken a knock in life! but its taught me a lot

No worries bud, no one said ote about being a newbie. Just asked how low your tds is for using just DI.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2018, 12:02:28 am »
I do some washing up at home
New man, eh?
Best keep it to yourself though; you'll have have us all doing it.
There's a good lad  ;).   
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐