G Griffin

Re: Its like theres a fire in my tank
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 09:50:18 am »
Put it out! Get some water in there.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 10:03:16 am »
Do you use hot all year round nathan? Seems like a waste of electric. I fitted one to mine but only used it when it dropped below freezing.

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 10:10:14 am »
Do you use hot all year round nathan? Seems like a waste of electric. I fitted one to mine but only used it when it dropped below freezing.

I like the cleaning ability of it, more than keeping pipe work soft. Especially after all the mess the snow has left on frameworks etc.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 10:13:26 am »

I like the cleaning ability of it, more than keeping pipe work soft. Especially after all the mess the snow has left on frameworks etc.

And yet you used to say that your customers windows are still clean after 4 weeks, so your cleaning clean windows that’s why you are so fast 💨 ..... but you need hot water for the cleaning ability  ???
I think the mess from the snow has gone now  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 11:30:00 am »
i can see the day when your tank melts one day nathan! ;D
price higher/work harder!

windowswashed

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 11:35:36 am »
I bet if you take the insulation off your tank you'll discover your tank is buckling out of shape and even melting where the heater source sits in your tank. Looking dodgy, you don't need water that hot to clean windows, even if you only raise the water temperature to warmish from cold would make a significant difference. Hope your home electrics don't start a fire or worse still catch your van alight.

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 12:14:28 pm »
Haha, you could be right that the good old gaffa tape is holding the tanks form....... But i doubt it.

At the moment i dont fill my tank full, due to the modifications ive made in the back of the van, so it keeps the weight OK.  So im probably only filling maybe 350 - 400 litres or so and also running the immersion for less time to compensate.  I have a little vent hole at the opposite side ofmy tank with a push fit ball tap, but only so much steam can escape through a 6mm pipe. Over my main lid I place a cloth to stop water leakage as these lids ive never found to be water tight and this fixes that problem. I havr cut a slit in the cloth to allow steam to escape through the lid which is vented (seen on my van layout vids).  But im guessing the open space in the tank was full of steam, so when i took the lid off, it had its chance to escape.  Pending water temp when i fill her up next time, i might try n cut another hour of the time.

Yes shrek im cleaning virtually clean windows, but one round is in an area where alot of birds keep nesting and guaranteed after two days or so of clean windows they will get bird muck back on for a couple of weeks before im back there.
Im also picking up alot of new work and hot is way more superior on first cleans than cold and chemicals. I know dome will feelna strong urge to say opposite but in my opinion you would be wrong.
Hot water cuts through algae mess really easy and stubborn marks as well.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 12:18:21 pm »
He's been melting concrete and causing havoc all morning. lol.

Shrek

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 12:33:50 pm »
Ok on first cleans it’ll cut through all the algae and dirt and so on and then on your virtually clean windows it’s not doing much then is it. Bird crap doesn’t take long to shift at all , you’ll probably gain a few seconds as in 2 or 3 seconds on a bird crap with your hot water. I clean houses surrounded by trees and birds nests and there’s probably 1 bird crap on 1 window , Sorry but you saying you’ve picked up work that’s covered in bird crap every month is rollocks... guaranteed bird poo 😂😂😂

nathankaye

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 01:16:09 pm »
Ok on first cleans it’ll cut through all the algae and dirt and so on and then on your virtually clean windows it’s not doing much then is it. Bird crap doesn’t take long to shift at all , you’ll probably gain a few seconds as in 2 or 3 seconds on a bird crap with your hot water. I clean houses surrounded by trees and birds nests and there’s probably 1 bird crap on 1 window , Sorry but you saying you’ve picked up work that’s covered in bird crap every month is rollocks... guaranteed bird poo 😂😂😂

Its ok buddy, if your happy with cold water then thats great mate. No qualms.
Im also not trying to make you go hot either.
I prefer it to cold its as simple as it comes, each to their own. I know my work and whats on the glasd or else ild be quite rubbish at my job that i take pride in.  Same applies no doubt to you. Glad you enjoy cold water working
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 01:24:19 pm »
I'll admit I've never tried hot but I've never felt the need.

I can see the benefits in winter, it stops everything freezing.

But I wouldn't want a big radiator like that in my van on a hot summers day nor need warm supple hoses.

I reckon it would cost more in electrical trick than it would save in time cleaning.

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 01:39:09 pm »

But I wouldn't want a big radiator like that in my van on a hot summers day nor need warm supple hoses.

I reckon it would cost more in electrical trick than it would save in time cleaning.

Hot water has its benefits other than being a radiator. Thats why some feel compelled to spend five grand on a system.

The cost of electric, use a smart meter and run the costs through your books.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2018, 01:41:59 pm »

Its ok buddy, if your happy with cold water then thats great mate. No qualms.
Im also not trying to make you go hot either.
I prefer it to cold its as simple as it comes, each to their own. I know my work and whats on the glasd or else ild be quite rubbish at my job that i take pride in.  Same applies no doubt to you. Glad you enjoy cold water working

There's a skill in knowing what is needed to get a job done, for most guys using hot would be no different to a guy scrubbing the window three times when one scrub would have done, that said if the three scrub guy ends up with one scrub because of using hot then its money well spent for him/her, but at the end of the day hot or cold one scrub would have still done the job.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2018, 01:45:21 pm »

ironically the truth is adam is hot water is more effective in the warmer months.the water is 50 -60c at brush end so cleaning snail trails,bird muck,sticky pollen,bee spots,green algae and the grit you get on frames and glass from nearby gutters is easier.it literally just melts away the dirt....the windows are also virtually dry as soon as you finish a job.....

so you have the best of all seasons all year round......warm supple hoses and no freeze ups in winter and added cleaning power in the warmer months....

nathankaye

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 02:52:42 pm »
Before i went onto wfp, i used to love guys turn up in my areas because more than not, I would end up with their work. It was brilliant, i used to rub my hands together every time i saw them.
I thought wfp was a complete waste of time and thought everyone using them were fools!

Then I went wfp and wondered why I didnt do it sooner and realised it wasnt the equipment doing a bad job butthe people using the equipment.  Ihadto eat my words and humbly admit I was wrong.
I feel this is the case here!
All the ones really attacking using Hot and guessing what its like in comparison havent really tried HOT water to actually know the difference. Maybe that day will come, maybe it wont and it doesnt matter as each to their own. But i wont be scoffing at ones using cold the same as ones scoff the ones for using Hot, but then i can forgive their ignorance perhaps  ::)roll
 ;D  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2018, 03:02:54 pm »
we all run cleaning businesses.its obvious to most of us that hot water will help with cleaning rather than just cold water....

andyM

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2018, 04:08:56 pm »
I can see there's a few people here that haven't been to work today.
One of the Plebs

nathankaye

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2018, 04:19:55 pm »
Nope, its just nice to work at a steady pace
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Michael Peterson

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2018, 04:45:48 pm »
I love the creepy heavy breathing the most ;-)