robbo333

Re: 1st complain from a customer
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2017, 01:47:06 pm »
...actually, has he got any good stuff?
Cause now is the perfect time to do his gaff over!   ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Walter Mitty

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2017, 02:44:41 pm »
I reckon he set you up./
The guy is clearly a dishonest chancer. Turn up as agreed.  Deny liability.  Put nothing in writing.
I would suggest grassing him up to the taxman, but I don't believe in grassing.

Leave the ball firmly in his court.

paul alan

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2017, 02:53:00 pm »
i wouldn't be surprised if this delboy fella new the alarm was corroded before he asked you to wet it!

12 years old alarm and its your fault its not working??

Alarm boxes are guaranteed for 12 months and a warranty can be purchased for 5+ years, they need to be serviced annually, as already has been mentioned does this guy have records of it being serviced?

Its one of those things, if this guy has absolute proof you caused this damage then throw your hands up and hand over insurance details. But obviously he has not so you would be a fool to accept responsibility, and he knows that too.

Ask for the evidence that its your fault, he wont have any.

windowswashed

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2017, 03:28:52 pm »
You are in control of your window cleaning, moral of the story is don't be suckered into cleaning things you don't wish to clean. Just say NO sorry, can't do it to anything you don't feel comfortable cleaning. I get asked quite often to clean the walls but I tell them no sorry can't do, my brushes are too soft for the walls, wouldn't do them even if I could. I clean windows, that's it, simple.

tomasxguty

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2017, 04:00:31 pm »
Thanks guys. What goes around comes around.
One more week and well deserved rest shall begin

Slacky

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2017, 04:43:14 pm »
I’d be very alarmed if he tried that on with me.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2017, 06:40:00 pm »
Do you know any electricians, or preferably qualified alarm fitters?  I would get one to look at those photos, then get him to give me his written opinion as to the cause and age of the corrosion on his business stationery.

Send a copy to this arehsloe and tell him you're considering reporting him to the police for extortion.

tomasxguty

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2017, 06:46:52 pm »
I asked a friend who is an electrician. He says the fault is most likely due to the leaked batteries.

Missing Link

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2017, 06:53:38 pm »
Middle finger, stick it up to him, and walk.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Simon Trapani

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2017, 08:28:24 pm »
What sort of crap alarm is that anyway? It's got disposable batteries ffs lol.

Tell him to clear off.

Plankton

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2017, 09:13:40 pm »
LMFAO I can't believe you are concerned about this. Don't contact your insurance as it still goes on your record even though the guy is at it. The backup batteries if they are even the correct type will be years out of date, even if they were in date and had simply discharged that can cause them to leak just as they do in xbox or wii controllers corroding the metal inside. The unit isn't designed to last a lifetime and needs maintained which only costs around £60 per annum excluding parts so any alarm guy would put him straight.

P @ F

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2017, 09:14:45 pm »
I reckon he set you up./
The guy is clearly a dishonest chancer. Turn up as agreed.  Deny liability.  Put nothing in writing.
I would suggest grassing him up to the taxman, but I don't believe in grassing.

Leave the ball firmly in his court.

I only believe in grassing on people that do wrong to you , let them get on with it and face the music if they get caught is my take on things , but if they cause me grief in their doing then feckin look out cos im greener than the hulk otherwise  ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2017, 09:21:24 pm »
It is a Mickey Mouse alarm as said above , its got to be older than hes saying anyway , thats the first alarm i have ever seen with that kind of battery set up , my old man had an alarm fitted 25 year ago and even that had a 7ah block rechargable in it .

Feck , if it was me i would go an burgle the him for fun , you know the alarm wont go off  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

robert mitchell

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2017, 10:40:17 pm »
Text him a middle finger emojee .......then block his number!
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.