Dry Clean

Re: 80% now on go cardless
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2017, 10:34:23 am »
If you buy online you have to pay online be it Paypal or debit/credit card. Also like the above arguement you can not purchase it and then decide when or how you want to pay for it.
Therefore for me, i let my potential customers know my services, the fees in which i charge and the method in which to pay. The
customer has the choice to accept that and agree to my terms of purchase or they are free to choose some body else. Its really that simple. But what some of you are saying is that you have no balls to stand up for your rights as the service provider and your scared of loosing money because of it,

Nathan if its not silly babble its empty bluster, seriously your now harping on about people not having the balls to do this and that when you are only being tough because you no longer need the work. (roll eyes)
Here's an Idea, give all your customers a months notice that they have to change over to your prefered payment or you will
stop cleaning and then you can come on here and act as tough as you want.

Dry Clean

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2017, 10:52:44 am »
M+S  used to only accept their own credit cards and Lidl didn't accept any, they both back tracked when it effected their
custom.
I suppose its like everything else, if it works it works if not plan B.

nathankaye

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2017, 11:06:11 am »
If you buy online you have to pay online be it Paypal or debit/credit card. Also like the above arguement you can not purchase it and then decide when or how you want to pay for it.
Therefore for me, i let my potential customers know my services, the fees in which i charge and the method in which to pay. The
customer has the choice to accept that and agree to my terms of purchase or they are free to choose some body else. Its really that simple. But what some of you are saying is that you have no balls to stand up for your rights as the service provider and your scared of loosing money because of it,

Nathan if its not silly babble its empty bluster, seriously your now harping on about people not having the balls to do this and that when you are only being tough because you no longer need the work. (roll eyes)
Here's an Idea, give all your customers a months notice that they have to change over to your prefered payment or you will

Thats right dry clean......did you get that from my previous post where i clearly stated that it depends where your business is and for me it doesnt matter if i get new work or not.
But lets think for a moment....how many time are ones moaning about non payers etc or messers and waiting to get full rounds to only filter them out later. WHY!!?? why not filter your work as you get it. Why not get them on a payment method that your happy with. Look if thats giving a wide selection of payment options then so be it. But for ones who say they will only offer direct debits then dont post about us bullying customers into one method only!!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2017, 11:32:07 am »

Thats right dry clean......did you get that from my previous post where i clearly stated that it depends where your business is and for me it doesnt matter if i get new work or not.
But lets think for a moment....how many time are ones moaning about non payers etc or messers and waiting to get full rounds to only filter them out later. WHY!!?? why not filter your work as you get it. Why not get them on a payment method that your happy with. Look if thats giving a wide selection of payment options then so be it. But for ones who say they will only offer direct debits then dont post about us bullying customers into one method only!!

So what your saying is when building a round and needing the work you put up with whatever the customer wants but when
your round is full and you don't need any new work its time to lay down the law.
That's a bit like saying I was just about to kick that bully's ass just after he has left, seriously Nathan have you been reading some
really bad how to succeed in Business book. lol.

johnny bravo

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2017, 11:56:24 am »
Lees priority is not having to go door knocking  ASKING to be paid.     when some owe you double  or even trebble payment its like you are begging for them to pay you,   ive had this, posted payment options through letter box,  Nothing,  no payments.     you will always miss one or 2 when out collecting.      you just end up stop doing them,  then they look 4 someone else.      Bad Vibes.
I use GC, PP, DD, Bacs. Cheque.        If my customer pays me im happy, if not i dump them.    I believe i offer a better service than some of my competitors,    Not that i have any.
The reason i like collecting is because i like it, all are compact,   if not in i get double next collection., I like having  a bit of banter with my customers.
If like LEE  he has a vast company, too many to collect.    like myself being a one man band its fine.

Lee i find it the pensioners who dont like to do online banking,  how do you get them to do it.  You must have oldies who want to pay cash

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2017, 12:07:00 pm »
For the record.... I don't think anyone is disagreeing with Lee Pryor's stance on GC payment method- a business that size couldn't operate effectively without it, or at least would struggle. As stated earlier though, for a sole trader an insistence on one specific method of payment could potentially have a negative effect and IMO is an unnecessary stance- possibly saying more about the provider than the customer. 
Comfortably Numb!

nathankaye

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2017, 01:12:33 pm »
Dry clean do you have any hobbies out of interest? As i think you need some rather than trying to police this forum and twisting things to suit your ill guided ways.

How many on this forum or how many window cleaners take on whatever work when building up their rounds?? Answer mostly everybody has done so at one time or another!  So have i said something wrong so far?.......erm NO!!

How many shiners then filter through their work as better paid work comes through for instance??  Again, mostly every shiner running a business. Or else we're all talking a load of bull about refining our work!!   So again, i ask where have i said something wrong for it to be twisted???

I also said if people wanted to collect or whatever then so be it, thats their choice. But when ones post about only taking on new work who sign upto one particular payment method,  then thats their right to do so.  I mentioned that it helps build a round straight away in a way that suits them rather than having to filter their work later!!

So please, get a hobbie or take ur grand kids out or something!! (Unless im wrong about ur age....but guessing old enough to have grand kids)  chill out a little
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Lee Pryor

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2017, 01:39:38 pm »
Surprising we don't have trouble with old people or any people in general. Literally the odd one here and there out of hundreds. Our customers come in from leaflets, in the leaflet it states that dd via go cardless is the payment method. Then when we go through it on the phone most are already aware of it. Sometimes people say can't I pay with cash ect? We just say sorry it's dd and they say ok. It's as simple as that. I wish I had made the change to just dd sooner.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Dry Clean

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2017, 06:34:09 pm »
Dry clean do you have any hobbies out of interest? As i think you need some rather than trying to police this forum and twisting things to suit your ill guided ways.

How many on this forum or how many window cleaners take on whatever work when building up their rounds?? Answer mostly everybody has done so at one time or another!  So have i said something wrong so far?.......erm NO!!

How many shiners then filter through their work as better paid work comes through for instance??  Again, mostly every shiner running a business. Or else we're all talking a load of bull about refining our work!!   So again, i ask where have i said something wrong for it to be twisted???

I also said if people wanted to collect or whatever then so be it, thats their choice. But when ones post about only taking on new work who sign upto one particular payment method,  then thats their right to do so.  I mentioned that it helps build a round straight away in a way that suits them rather than having to filter their work later!!

So please, get a hobbie or take ur grand kids out or something!! (Unless im wrong about ur age....but guessing old enough to have grand kids)  chill out a little

Policing the forum lol, Nathan if your going to post pompous babble then at least expect to be hackled, put it this way I'm
sure I wasn't the only one rolling my eyes when you started harping on about people not having the balls to stand up for their rights and demand the payment method that suits them which is a lot different to what you saying now, another U turn.

windowswashed

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2017, 08:31:59 pm »
I was in B & Q today and scanned my items at the automated scan/pay thing, totalled it up and then asked to choose payment method. Had six choices of payment method and not one was for paying cash so I asked one of the staff to show me how to select paying by cash and she informed I couldn't on their silly machines so I left it all there and just walked out in disgust.....not my problem, they can't accept cash payments then I won't buy from B & Q simple

STEVE-UK

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2017, 07:14:13 am »
Surprising we don't have trouble with old people or any people in general. Literally the odd one here and there out of hundreds. Our customers come in from leaflets, in the leaflet it states that dd via go cardless is the payment method. Then when we go through it on the phone most are already aware of it. Sometimes people say can't I pay with cash ect? We just say sorry it's dd and they say ok. It's as simple as that. I wish I had made the change to just dd sooner.

Does GC work with your planner? i.e takes payment once job marked as done or taken monthly or 2 monthly regardless?

Walter Mitty

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2017, 07:45:55 am »
I just booked a holiday online for April (Dubai again). I had to pay there and then using a debit card. I didn't have the option of PayPal or taking cash into their office or posting a cheque in a few weeks time ect. I wanted the holiday, that was the only payment option. In reality lots of goods and services only offer one payment method.

Credit card is generally better than debit card because you have better refund rights if the holiday company goes belly-up. You may have to pay 1% or 2% more with some companies but at least it gives a guarantee under Section 75.  If you want to minimise any extra outlay, it's only necessary to pay over £100 by credit card and the rest by debit card. That way, I believe the entire cost is covered in the event of a business failure. The credit card can be immediately reimbursed if you wish to avoid interest payments.

Stoots

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2017, 08:07:00 am »

So what your saying is when building a round and needing the work you put up with whatever the customer wants but when
your round is full and you don't need any new work its time to lay down the law.
That's a bit like saying I was just about to kick that bully's ass just after he has left, seriously Nathan have you been reading some
really bad how to succeed in Business book. lol.

I Actually think that statement is true mate.  When you need the work you will collect, you will take cheques to the bank, you will accept paypals higher fees. When you dont need the work the refining process starts, so only taking on Direct debit cutomers, slowly getting rid of the collecting, then the paypal. Just the same as getting rod of slow/bad payers/messers etc.

Im not saying you should or need to only offer direct debit as a sole trader, i dont think you do as cashflow isnt that big an issue but it would be nice if you could have them all on DD, no payment reminders etc. Certainly if you have a round size of say 300, it shouldnt take all that long to establish a full customer base of DD with enough advertising.

Personally i will take on a customer for any method except cash collecting, as i feel as long as you have a good customer they will pay via any method, but i can see why in a big business you would want all Direct Debit in an ideal world.

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2017, 08:28:22 am »
I just booked a holiday online for April (Dubai again). I had to pay there and then using a debit card. I didn't have the option of PayPal or taking cash into their office or posting a cheque in a few weeks time ect. I wanted the holiday, that was the only payment option. In reality lots of goods and services only offer one payment method.

Credit card is generally better than debit card because you have better refund rights if the holiday company goes belly-up. You may have to pay 1% or 2% more with some companies but at least it gives a guarantee under Section 75.  If you want to minimise any extra outlay, it's only necessary to pay over £100 by credit card and the rest by debit card. That way, I believe the entire cost is covered in the event of a business failure. The credit card can be immediately reimbursed if you wish to avoid interest payments.

yep i always pay for my holidays with a credit card for this very reason.apparently their going to do away with charging extra for using credit cards next year so ive heard.

careful in dubai!the laws are absolute bonkers!lots of people think its a modern city but its not!
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2017, 08:30:37 am »
Nope, its a plave where they dont bend the rules to fit people or to let people stay in their country. Unlike........erm.......Britain that is
 ;D

(Nope thats not against imigration or anything like that. Just simply changing rules etc etc to accomodate everyone and every possible situation incase someone gets offended. Rather than having british rules for everyone to follow.....like dubai or australia for instance)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Lee Pryor

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2017, 08:33:15 am »

Does GC work with your planner? i.e takes payment once job marked as done or taken monthly or 2 monthly regardless?

We use cleaner planner. GC is integrated with it. At the end of each day once all the cleaners have uploaded their worksheets to the system it tells me how many of those  completed cleans pay via GC, which for us is around 100 a day. You then click a single button and the payment process is started for each of them. 5-7 days later the money is in the bank. Simple as that.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2017, 08:42:47 am »

yep i always pay for my holidays with a credit card for this very reason.apparently their going to do away with charging extra for using credit cards next year so ive heard.

careful in dubai!the laws are absolute bonkers!lots of people think its a modern city but its not!

This will be my 4th visit. It's absolutely amazing. Don't walk down the street wasted and you don't have a problem, keep that in the hotel and its fine. Never had any problems at all in the past.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2017, 08:49:50 am »
Nope, its a plave where they dont bend the rules to fit people or to let people stay in their country. Unlike........erm.......Britain that is
 ;D

(Nope thats not against imigration or anything like that. Just simply changing rules etc etc to accomodate everyone and every possible situation incase someone gets offended. Rather than having british rules for everyone to follow.....like dubai or australia for instance)

Sorry mate but that's just wrong. How many times have you been? None I'm guessing. For example alcohol is illegal there yet every hotel serves it to accommodate cultures like ours. Suppose a culture of heroin addicts wanted to holiday here. Can we imagine that being legal in hotels just to please them? Hell no!

It's funny what people who have never been think. It's not like that at all. I can say it's an incredible place with unbeatable weather. That's why I go every year.

nathankaye

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2017, 10:46:55 am »
Dont want to get into an arguement lee but how/why do you think ive not been nor have friends who have moved out there?
Yep not had to stay in a hotel mind you but name other rules slightly bended to accomodate foreigners, especially the ladies.
Though it does make me laugh, one couple who have been together for years but never wanted to get married, both had the great opportunity to move and work there but the only way they could was to get married before going. Now did they start a protest against this and try to force the government to change its strict stance. No! Hence my point though its not window cleaning related.
But funny what reasons some get married for
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

rich fraser

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2017, 10:36:18 pm »
FTAO Lee.
Could you put a copy of letter you will be sending to your non GC customers up on here?
Personally I struggle with the wording to promote GC to my customers.
Thanks in advance.