dazmond

Keeping fit for window cleaning.what do you do?if anything?
« on: September 09, 2017, 01:57:51 pm »
i thought id start a new topic after another thread going off on a tangent! ;D

i used to think wfp window cleaning would keep me fit but obviously this is not enough.nowhere near.

so i go to the gym 3 days a week for 60-90 mins each time.mainly weight training and a bit of HIIT cardio on the stationary bike.walk the dog for 3 or 4 hours a week(fast walking mainly) and either playing drums at rehearsals or playing them at a gig.plus getting jiggy with the missus occasionally adds another 15 mins of cardio! ;D

i eat very well mon-fri usually and slack off a bit at the weekend.dont drink or smoke and no illegal drugs.

i do take food supplements though.high grade fish oil,multivitamin and mineral tablets,creatine,whey protein isolate,b vitamin tablets,protein bars and spirulina.

ive been working out and eating better consistently for 18 months now and im amazed at how much fitter i am despite being nearly 46.it helps retain a more positive outlook when working in bad weather too.(more grit and determination to get my work cleaned!).

i wish id done it years ago but you cant change the past.long may it continue!

im off on holiday in a few weeks(egypt 5 star hotel)and i made sure they had a good gym before i booked!ill be swimming every day too while im there.

so for you guys that feel like your past it in your thirties or forties.your not but you need to make some positive changes. :)
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

Re: keeping fit for window cleaning.what do you do?if anything?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 03:25:58 pm »
Dispite my food posts, i have a carvery once a month and maybe a fried breakfast once/twice a month.
My wife is a great cook and very rarely do we eat boring plain english food and for last 2 months we are doing vegan meals (yes apart from the carvery lol and yes she knows)
I also take multivitamins and have done so for quite a while.
Up untill 2 yrs ago i would walk anywhere from 1 -5 miles carrying all my trad equipment with me to work and then obviously walking my rounds n up n down a ladder all day.

Ive got a number of kids as some know and i enjoyed practice sessions to make kids n continue to enjoy the cardio with the wife 😈
Ugain up untill 2 years ago, ive been a regular one/off gym goer since being 18 (on/off as in going 3 times a week for perhaps 8mnths or so and then my time is taken up with something else and then back to gym n so on n so on)

But in last 2 years for various reasons (wifes health issues, family n some other external reasons) ive not been keeping fit and with going wfp i aint getting excercise from work (but maybe i should run round like a headless chicken between windows n houses like its been said of me.....then i can get some cardio in 😂😂)

Yep i know some of this sounds like excuses but i hate being 40 now and less fit than i ever have been. So i need to make a drastic change somewhere.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 03:45:27 pm »
I'm the same really.

Last couple of years I've let myself go lol.

About a stone heavier than I should be and don't go to the gym at all. Generally eat crap everyday too.

I do cycle once a week but it's not as much as I was doing 3-4 times a week a few years ago.

It's not easy to graft all day go home then trapse back out to the gym. And it's also not easy to eat healthy when you are used to sugar and fried food.

Hopefully I'll get back into it now work isn't as stressfully for me.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 04:04:16 pm »
I train in the evenings usually.mon/wed/thurs from around 8pm-930pm.my gym is 2 min drive up the road and costs me just under £300 a year.I can go as many times as I want and swimming too if I fancy it.to be fair it's a great gym.plenty of loose weights,cable machines,etc,etc.it's just been kitted out with all new equipment(they get brand new gear in every 3 years).it's open til10pm every week night except Fri and open sat and sun although I don't usually go on a weekend unless I've missed a mid week session. I love it.

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 05:22:10 pm »
I train in the evenings usually.mon/wed/thurs from around 8pm-930pm.my gym is 2 min drive up the road and costs me just under £300 a year.I can go as many times as I want and swimming too if I fancy it.to be fair it's a great gym.plenty of loose weights,cable machines,etc,etc.it's just been kitted out with all new equipment(they get brand new gear in every 3 years).it's open til10pm every week night except Fri and open sat and sun although I don't usually go on a weekend unless I've missed a mid week session. I love it.

when i used to go i would go straight after work on the way home. I find that once im home, washed and changed and sat down im not going to have the motivation to go back out to get sweaty again then coma back and get washed and changed again.

One of those things though is exercise, cant be bothered then once youve done it you feel great. 
It does make it easier having a gym close to home, my nearest is in the town centre and there you have to park and walk, in the house i lived before it was a 2 min walk down the street.

pikeman

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 05:51:13 pm »
Always been pretty fit used to train 4 times a  week. 60 now so stopped training a few years ago. To be honest don't feel 60. I think a lot is genetics. Always thought do you train to keep fit or are you naturally fit so you train. Lucky I suppose cause I can eat what I want never put no weight on. About 12 stone been that since I can remember

Shrek

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 06:59:26 pm »
I have been weight lifting for about 14 years now , always train 4 times a week . Always eat healthy eggs , wholemeal bread , chicken , rice . Plenty of water .
However , earlier this year after switching my training from heavy weights low reps to high reps light weights... iv got tennis elbow ffs  >:(
So no training now for about 3 months , it is slowly getting better after doing forearm exercises once or twice a day, but not fast enough. I really miss the gym and can't wait to get back in as it was part of my life and now there is a void  :'(

paul alan

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 11:16:57 pm »
Dazmond, diet is KEY!

I have read your almost same height as me (6'3) but your weighing 17st.

What is your lean body mass? What is your waist to height ratio ratio? How much body fat are you carrying?

At 6'2 and 17 st if you are low bodyfat you must look like arnold shwarzenneger, do you?

High amounts of fish oil supps are linked to prostate cancer! It is better to eat oily fish x1 per week and non oily fish x1 per week.

Dazmond low body fat is the way to go, lm assuming you have plenty at your weight but l maybe wrong.

Body fat is highly eostrogenic and carcenogenic, it makes us lethargic and anti-energetic.

I have researched obsessively on the subject due to health issues and know more than most of the doctors l have encountered.

The doctors of the future will prescibe diets, not drugs. Mark my words!

What you put in is what you will get out!

If your lifting weights regulary your already ahead of the game, its anti ageing and pro-hormone. Dial in the diet.

paul alan

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 11:33:10 pm »
I have been weight lifting for about 14 years now , always train 4 times a week . Always eat healthy eggs , wholemeal bread , chicken , rice . Plenty of water .
However , earlier this year after switching my training from heavy weights low reps to high reps light weights... iv got tennis elbow ffs  >:(
So no training now for about 3 months , it is slowly getting better after doing forearm exercises once or twice a day, but not fast enough. I really miss the gym and can't wait to get back in as it was part of my life and now there is a void  :'(
Lower volume weight training with intensity cycles, going from 4-6 reps to 8-10 reps over a 4 week period with varying degrees of intensity. Say 60% effort to 90% effort is way more productive and healthy.

Go look at "think eat lift" "andy morgan" " eric helms" these guys are up to date informative and real world.

paul alan

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 11:39:46 pm »
Dispite my food posts, i have a carvery once a month and maybe a fried breakfast once/twice a month.
My wife is a great cook and very rarely do we eat boring plain english food and for last 2 months we are doing vegan meals (yes apart from the carvery lol and yes she knows)
Up untill 2 yrs ago i would walk anywhere from 1 -5 miles carrying all my trad equipment with me to work and then obviously walking my rounds n up n down a ladder all day.

Ive got a number of kids as some know and i enjoyed practice sessions to make kids n continue to enjoy the cardio with the wife 😈
Ugain up untill 2 years ago, ive been a regular one/off gym goer since being 18 (on/off as in going 3 times a week for perhaps 8mnths or so and then my time is taken up with something else and then back to gym n so on n so on)

But in last 2 years for various reasons (wifes health issues, family n some other external reasons) ive not been keeping fit and with going wfp i aint getting excercise from work (but maybe i should run round like a headless chicken between windows n houses like its been said of me.....then i can get some cardio in 😂😂)

Yep i know some of this sounds like excuses but i hate being 40 now and less fit than i ever have been. So i need to make a drastic change somewhere.
nathan your appearance speaks volumes about your practices, l think your a likeable guy so take my critism as contsructive. Excuses dont change things.

colin bird

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 09:39:24 am »
[/quot

Dazmond,take on more work,earn more money,then you will be to knackered to go to the gym,or get a wife and kids then you won't have the time or money to go to the gym

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 09:47:59 am »

nathan your appearance speaks volumes about your practices, l think your a likeable guy so take my critism as contsructive. Excuses dont change things.

Lol im ok with it bud.

My appearance doesnt give too much away bud. Sadly for me it is age and metabolism.
Dispite excercise up until being 37/38  regardless what i ate i didnt put weight on sadly that soon changed.
Me 3yrs back (only photo ive got) in dublin (great city if anyone is from there on here!!)

Not much body fat back then, its depressing
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Michael Peterson

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 12:02:44 pm »
I train In Brazilian jiu jitsu because I love to roll about with other men

Michael Peterson

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2017, 12:04:39 pm »
Read this book guys i truly believe it will help everyone above interested in lifestyle diet and fitness at any level - the primal blueprint by mark sisson

Michael Peterson

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 12:15:16 pm »
And you have to really enjoy what exercise you are doing or you won't do it. For example Dazmond loves the gym, he enjoys being there and likes the enviroment so he will easily continue to go there for this habit is pleasurable to him. Where as the guy above who used to go to the gym to keep In shape and didn't really enjoy it now finds it hard to find the time .  Now the second guy isn't nesesarrily lazier, weeker or slower than dazmond in any way in fact he may be the exact opposite it's just that this guy isn't doing something he wouldn't enjoy, nor should he and why would he .  Staying in great shape could be anything he wants it to be, he might play a sport or take a martial arts class  or join a yoga, hiking or climbing class, it could be playing with the kids in the park or walking the dog.  When you are doing something that is fun it is no longer a chore !  Humans weren't designed to lift static weights over and over again they weren't meant to follow any strict cardio routine, we were designed to amble over long distances  , crawl sometimes , climb a bit and a sprint occasionally. Do whatever fitness you want as long as it's fun for you

paul alan

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 12:24:23 pm »

Lol im ok with it bud.

My appearance doesnt give too much away bud. Sadly for me it is age and metabolism.
Dispite excercise up until being 37/38  regardless what i ate i didnt put weight on sadly that soon changed.
Me 3yrs back (only photo ive got) in dublin (great city if anyone is from there on here!!)

Not much body fat back then, its depressing
Mate you dont have to accept age and metabolism as your fate!

It is reversible to a degree(you cant turn back the clock) but you certainly can make a big difference.

Dont let it get you down mate, you can get back to that picture of yourself in 3-6 months with some changes to the way you eat and some exercise. Easily!  Make a choice, make some decisions, make a plan, and see it through.

If you want any help with diet or training then feel free to hit me up.

paul alan

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 12:25:03 pm »
Looking good in that pic btw!

paul alan

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 12:31:09 pm »
Here's what a drop in body fat can do to your appearance .
One photo of me at 15st4lb in January
The other of me recently at 13st12lb much lighter but looking much better and feeling loads better.

mufcglen

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2017, 01:14:28 pm »
i used to do alot of road running as i used to get bored going to the gym and it was just nice banging the running gear on,ipod blasting away and going doing a quick 10k 2-3 times a week but over the last 2 years ive let myself get lazier and lazier.
last week i finally got back out since the start of the year and did a run, 2 days later hanging over a customers gate i felt a pop in my ribs, i know ive fractured something as i did the same thing servicing the van a few months ago.
im gutted as i was just about to get back into the running and now with work im in agony picking up hose or anything that makes me bend over, up and down with the pole im ok though so just trying to get some work done.
nailing all sorts of pain killers like cocodamel and theyre not even touching it >:(

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2017, 04:41:49 pm »
Here's what a drop in body fat can do to your appearance .
One photo of me at 15st4lb in January
The other of me recently at 13st12lb much lighter but looking much better and feeling loads better.

Yep I'm very much like u Paul in the first pic.

What did u have to do to drop the extra body fat though?half starve yourself?life's too short for that as food is a major pleasure for me esp now I don't drink or smoke anymore.I hate depriving myself.I'd rather be bigger and bulkier than cut down my food and be thinner. ;D

dazmond

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 05:06:59 pm »
[/quot

Dazmond,take on more work,earn more money,then you will be to knackered to go to the gym,or get a wife and kids then you won't have the time or money to go to the gym

I don't want anymore work.I've got plenty for my lifestyle.sod wife and kids.more hassle than their worth and they drain u of every last penny/energy and can turn men into shadows of their former selves (I've seen it happen!).over the course of a few years lots of married  get fatter and worn down with all their responsibilities and lose their soul.no thanks! ;D

Jonny Swirljet

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2017, 05:32:21 pm »
Hi - If my story can help/inspire anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation then please read on.

I'm 63 years old now and I  had a heart attack about 18 months ago, prior to this i was diagnosed with angina and had a stent fitted. The surgeon found 90% blockage in my artery but was confused by this as I have a healthy lifestyle, running, low fat diet etc.

My problem was diagnosed as hereditary so I had to start taking statins. I thought my running days were over but after starting my running regime from scratch again with the guidance of the cardiac rehabilitation team at the hospital I'm back up to 6miles every other day and slowly regaining my speed over this distance and slowly upping my weekly mileage. I'm in the ballot for the London marathon 2018, and using this as an inspiration to up my training sensibly but regularly, in line with a marathon training programme which I'll start around Christmas. 

In conclusion - for the sake of your family and loved ones  please have a fasting cholesterol test carried out by the doctor on a regular basis. As it turns out I was running full throttle on tough speed work training sessions with a 90% blockage in my heart and a cholesterol of 8.5.   

Peace & love

paul alan

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2017, 09:00:09 pm »
Scary stuff that jonny!

I have health anxiety issues that have just appeared over the last few years its a horrible thing to cope with.

Its started when my little boy was born, life became serious and l started to worry what would happen to my family if something happened to me.

Some days lm ok, some days l just get this feeling that something bad is gonna happen. Its not just my own health that makes me anxious, l worry about my familys health too.

Suffer with heart palpitations and it used to scare me a lot, now lm learning to cope with it but somedays the fear sets in.
I have seen the cardiologist and had tests done etc, he says they are benign but l cant help feeling there is something wrong for this to happen. Its a head twister for sure.

My cholesterol was somewhere between 3-4 so l guess if its under 5.5 its ok??

It has affected my training and holds me back from pushing myself too hard but that could be a good thing l suppose.

But its good to hear you are recovering and being able to lead a normal life again, inspiring for sure!

Miko67

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2017, 10:33:48 pm »
Still do trad mostly 3/4 hours a day,
So for me that with some cycling , swimming and badminton added in is enough for me.
Some people take theories elves far too seriously with this stuff and their way is the highway .
Just enjoy it for freckles sake,

G Griffin

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2017, 11:22:06 pm »
Hi - If my story can help/inspire anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation then please read on.

I'm 63 years old now and I  had a heart attack about 18 months ago, prior to this i was diagnosed with angina and had a stent fitted. The surgeon found 90% blockage in my artery but was confused by this as I have a healthy lifestyle, running, low fat diet etc.

My problem was diagnosed as hereditary so I had to start taking statins. I thought my running days were over but after starting my running regime from scratch again with the guidance of the cardiac rehabilitation team at the hospital I'm back up to 6miles every other day and slowly regaining my speed over this distance and slowly upping my weekly mileage. I'm in the ballot for the London marathon 2018, and using this as an inspiration to up my training sensibly but regularly, in line with a marathon training programme which I'll start around Christmas. 

In conclusion - for the sake of your family and loved ones  please have a fasting cholesterol test carried out by the doctor on a regular basis. As it turns out I was running full throttle on tough speed work training sessions with a 90% blockage in my heart and a cholesterol of 8.5.   

Peace & love
Inspirational.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2017, 08:10:13 am »
Dazmond, diet is KEY!

I have read your almost same height as me (6'3) but your weighing 17st.

What is your lean body mass? What is your waist to height ratio ratio? How much body fat are you carrying?

At 6'2 and 17 st if you are low bodyfat you must look like arnold shwarzenneger, do you?

High amounts of fish oil supps are linked to prostate cancer! It is better to eat oily fish x1 per week and non oily fish x1 per week.

Dazmond low body fat is the way to go, lm assuming you have plenty at your weight but l maybe wrong.

Body fat is highly eostrogenic and carcenogenic, it makes us lethargic and anti-energetic.

I have researched obsessively on the subject due to health issues and know more than most of the doctors l have encountered.

The doctors of the future will prescibe diets, not drugs. Mark my words!

What you put in is what you will get out!

If your lifting weights regulary your already ahead of the game, its anti ageing and pro-hormone. Dial in the diet.

no idea what my body mass is.my waist size is 38.people are often shocked when i say i weigh 17 stone as they expect someone of that weight to be a lot fatter.dont get me wrong im carrying a little bit round my waist but its not rolls of it! ;D

i feel good/healthy most of the time so i must be doing something right.im not OCD with diet and training and wouldnt want to be but i do eat well most of the time and train hard but with adequate rest in between.

Slacky

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2017, 09:12:05 am »
"I do eat well"

Is that healthily or 'well'?

dotty

Re: Keeping fit for window cleaning.what do you do?if anything?
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2017, 02:18:19 pm »
run 6 miles 4 days a week eat good don't smoke just have a few pints on a saturday w.f.p plus a bit of trad work and walk my dog everyday am 55 and fit and well
p doherty

Frankybadboy

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2017, 09:05:33 pm »
i hate exercise i really do  ;D ;D ;D

do a odd bit of  cycling about up to 200 miles aweek and race about 2 times a week though race saeson,it did try and kill me once.

throw in a bit of running now the darker nights are coming,just started kettle bells to see if i could totally feck me up

and i used to swim 4 times a week,but havent for 9 months

used to weigh just short of 17 stone and i am 5ft 8" now weigh in at 12 stone when racing,but had two weeks off and put on 8lbs  ;D

sso yes do a little bit  ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2017, 09:06:41 pm »
"I do eat well"

Is that healthily or 'well'?
you look like a well

what ever happened to the personal trainer ?

Slacky

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2017, 08:41:49 am »
Im experimenting ;)

Slacky

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2017, 08:43:07 am »
I just bought a Polar Garmin type wristwatch device thingy. Ive looked at it for at least three days now, Ive still not lost any weight  ???

Dry Clean

nathankaye

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk