Mick Kent

Re: We're not in this lot
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 07:16:58 am »
Its a crap job, we only do it as there is nothing much else us dimwits can do.
Luckily if done correctly you can earn well out of it but all we really do is clean poo off of glass for a living, no different to sweeping floors or litter picking or even poo picking as a business we could have chose.
If we could do bigger and better things then we sure would be doing it.

NWH

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 09:14:59 am »
It fits in with me and what I want to do not the other way around how many people can say that about there job,I get really depressed when sometimes I've earned someone's weekly wage by 1 o'clock,throwing yourself off a bridge stuff that I'd much rather earn 20-30k a year wear a suit  and get a bit of respect eh.

Dry Clean

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 09:50:19 am »
It fits in with me and what I want to do not the other way around how many people can say that about there job,I get really depressed when sometimes I've earned someone's weekly wage by 1 o'clock,throwing yourself off a bridge stuff that I'd much rather earn 20-30k a year wear a suit  and get a bit of respect eh.

I wonder why you need to brag about what you earn ? maybe its to make up for the fact that you get little or no respect for what you do and don't wear a suit to work.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2017, 10:52:35 am »

I wonder why you need to brag about what you earn ? maybe its to make up for the fact that you get little or no respect for what you do and don't wear a suit to work.

There are a few on here who struggle with just being "a window cleaner". ;D
Comfortably Numb!

8weekly

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2017, 11:28:26 am »

There are a few on here who struggle with just being "a window cleaner". ;D
Some struggle so much that they don't "come out".

8weekly

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2017, 11:33:29 am »
i dont care what any of you say.i think its the best job in the world (for me).i couldnt hack working full time for someone else again.i feel truly blessed for being able to clean the work i have now and the money i earn from it with hours to suit.

poor seank(dry clean) id hate to have that attitude again towards my business and window cleaning in general(hopefully itll never come back).

window cleaning has made me a financially stable contented man in the work area of my life for sure.
Best job in the world...? Are you on drugs? 3 reasons why you think that.

1: Thick

2: Thick

3: Thick
I have been clean and sober for over 5 years and I've got a degree in English Literature and Philosophy. I'm 54 tomorrow and I've been window cleaning about 5 years but I no longer dread Mondays, I get more job satisfaction from a beautifully cleaned conservatory than a £250,000 deal in IT sales and I've never been so financially comfortable (partly through 5 years of sobriety admittedly).

Perfect Windows

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2017, 11:52:30 am »
I only have the other jobs I've done to compare but this is the best job I've had out of them all.  I now work because I enjoy it rather than because I feel I have to.

Vin

Dave Anderson

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2017, 01:09:35 pm »
Who is Tony Day ? the resident one-liner troll of CIU? ???
The more I know the less I know I know ...

NWH

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2017, 01:22:17 pm »
He's not a troll he's got good work also,if you get depressed at this job your a grass is greener type person or have badly priced work,I look at that list and it's enough to keep me motivated.

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2017, 01:48:06 pm »
i dont care what any of you say.i think its the best job in the world (for me).i couldnt hack working full time for someone else again.i feel truly blessed for being able to clean the work i have now and the money i earn from it with hours to suit.

poor seank(dry clean) id hate to have that attitude again towards my business and window cleaning in general(hopefully itll never come back).

window cleaning has made me a financially stable contented man in the work area of my life for sure.
Best job in the world...? Are you on drugs? 3 reasons why you think that.

1: Thick

2: Thick

3: Thick

you ve obviously not worked 60 hour weeks on a plant nursery then (or the same hours landscape gardening getting covered in mud!)for a pittance. ;D

it IS the best job in the world according to me. :) :)
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2017, 03:33:13 pm »
Its a good job to be self employed at.
Minimal expense to start up, pending if starting traditional first.  Work outdoors n meet various types of people. Work your own hours and relatively stress free (depending size of your operations).
You dictate your own prices and thus earnings and bang loads of expenses through (legally) your taxes 😆

Its a great job, especially if you started up many years ago to establish yourself in the market. As I for one would not like to be starting up now

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

markymark

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2017, 04:27:24 pm »
This is perceived as an easy job that anyone could start up with very small outlay, just perseverance and a couple of friends or relatives as customers. A bit of time and physical work later and you have yourself a self-starter business. The trick comes with the ability to endure, the foresight to try and maximise your work  and output and not getting caught peeing in your customers grids.
If you want or need to be a captain of industry, then you probably could. Just keep buying rounds, refining work, employing decent staff and hey presto! You're a small business owner and might stand a chance of getting on the committee of your local golf club.
Or you could just work smart, enjoy meeting people and be happy in your own skin earning what you choose to earn. Horses for courses (apologies for the cliché).

The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not.

chris turner

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2017, 07:37:22 pm »
Who is Tony Day ? the resident one-liner troll of CIU? ???
Who's Tony Day? Modded

What a complete modded

Some of us have been banned in the past for mildly abusive language but comments like that deserve lifetime bans.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2017, 10:59:58 pm »
Mod note: Thread locked. The more offensive posts removed.

A repeat of the kind of posts that started this thread on its downward spiral will result in a ban. No more warnings.
It's a game of three halves!