Tosh

We're not in this lot
« on: August 11, 2017, 09:05:43 am »
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

p1w1

Re: We're not in this lot
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 09:20:24 am »
Cause we all earn a pittance init   :'(

paul alan

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 09:49:09 am »

Dry Clean

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 10:07:11 am »

paul alan

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 10:11:09 am »
In a way!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 01:25:02 pm »
Journalist at 30K is rubbish.

I like Homer's job though in Springfield Nukular Lektric Co.
It's a game of three halves!

NWH

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 04:53:58 pm »
Read all 10 and the ask yourself why some moan about cleaning windows and the easier life it gives you.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 06:43:44 pm »
take a good look around  at other window cleaners in your area.are they making money?some do really well but theres a hell of a lot that find it a struggle to make a half decent living at window cleaning(i know i struggled for years before hitting the big time).
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 07:03:15 pm »
The best way imo is to improve is to always look to gain better work commercial or domestic,i have known lots of them say I've got enough I'm turning it away. It's always worth looking at a job you never know what might come if that 1 job.

Dry Clean

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 07:28:48 pm »
Read all 10 and the ask yourself why some moan about cleaning windows and the easier life it gives you.

Premature ageing, cataracts, joint pains, neck pains, freezing your stones off in the winter, soaked to the bones in the summer, zero prestige, compared to begging, mind numbingly boring repetitive work, a job even the tightest of people would pay for
rather than do it themselves.
Your right what's to complain about. lol.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 07:35:01 pm »

Premature ageing, cataracts, joint pains, neck pains, freezing your stones off in the winter, soaked to the bones in the summer, zero prestige, compared to begging, mind numbingly boring repetitive work, a job even the tightest of people would pay for

Glass half empty?  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

tony day

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 08:15:02 pm »

8weekly

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 08:23:34 pm »
It's not a job though. We're self employed so can't be on the list.

NWH

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 08:54:20 pm »

zero prestige lol I couldn't give a toss about that there is zero prestige in getting on the train everyday and getting home at 7-30,at the end of the day I just worry about the people in my life. Say to yourself if you've ever had a problem once they've known have they knocked on your door offering help,most people would say no they haven't. 99.9% of
People think about thereselves and what they've got the fact you can Bragg coz you wear a suit won't pay a single bill.

paul alan

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2017, 09:06:26 pm »
It's sad enough working for someone else and hating every minute of it, but being employed by self and choosing your own work then hating that is beyond me.
It's like "self harming " in the mental!
Crackers!

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 09:22:16 pm »
One area where we have them beat (that goes for any employee job) is we can choose how hard we work and how much we earn.

Worlds your oyster with your own business no matter what it is.

If you are employed and you want to earn more money you have to ask the boss! would get me back in a "job" for any money (within reason perhaps)

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 11:30:35 pm »
i dont care what any of you say.i think its the best job in the world (for me).i couldnt hack working full time for someone else again.i feel truly blessed for being able to clean the work i have now and the money i earn from it with hours to suit.

poor seank(dry clean) id hate to have that attitude again towards my business and window cleaning in general(hopefully itll never come back).

window cleaning has made me a financially stable contented man in the work area of my life for sure.
price higher/work harder!

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2017, 11:41:37 pm »
i dont care what any of you say.i think its the best job in the world (for me).i couldnt hack working full time for someone else again.i feel truly blessed for being able to clean the work i have now and the money i earn from it with hours to suit.

poor seank(dry clean) id hate to have that attitude again towards my business and window cleaning in general(hopefully itll never come back).

window cleaning has made me a financially stable contented man in the work area of my life for sure.

I agree, if you don't enjoy it why do it? I wouldn't say I love waking up and going to work but I don't hate it, at least not as much as i did working in a factory 8 years ago for £8 an hour.
when life throws you water, clean windows

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2017, 11:49:48 pm »
Let's not be daft, it's not the best job in the world.

But is good overll, some days it's great other days it's a bit meh but sure beats a lot of jobs.

Dry Clean

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2017, 11:56:30 pm »

Daz. all I did was point out some of the negatives of the job because at the end of the day there's no point in painting over a turd, that doesn't mean I'm sitting here dreading Monday.
Window cleaning suits my needs at this moment in time and if there comes a time when I can no longer stand it Ill just do something else.