Lee Pryor

Re: Video update - 10 min of your life you wont get back
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2017, 09:27:47 am »
I have to say Lee.

For years I have been operating as a sole trader. I thought that I could just keep growing and growing but got to a point where I was working so much I ended up hating my job. And ended up bankrupt to owing too much tax.  :-[ :-\  Homer Simpson moment.

Now seeing the way you have scaled up your business operations I can see a way forward for me too. By going LTD and pushing out the workforce.

The risk has paid off and you have inspired me to do the same. Amongst others.

You Lee have taken the window cleaning industry and for the 1st time pushed it into a mainstream industry and it's just going to improve the professionalism in the industry as a whole.

My wife and I are doing things together we want to grow our business like yours Lee.

I don't have an M4( bmw not my thing) i have a 60 plate Mazda 6 Sport 2.5 but I do have an asperation to own a Bentley Continetal GT by the time I'm 40 and being 37 that's three years away..

Lol anyway. Don't listen to the haters Lee they are simply jelous.

For me its about having a vision of what I am trying to achieve. I have a picture in my mind of the business I want and the life I want.

I think if you have that vision and take a small step every day towards it in time it seems to take care of itself. Dont stare at the mountain in your mind that looks daunting just look at the step in front of you today.

If you want a Bently within 3 years there is no reason why you wont have it. Ther only thing standing in your way is yourself. Lots of people want this or that but do nothing about it. If you want something only that person can make it happen. People have to step out of their comfort zone to make change happen. Thats really the only thing that is hard to do. Its human nature to just repeat the same pattern and habits each day rather than change something.

How much do you want that Bently? Ask yourself.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

LBWCS

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2017, 11:37:31 am »
Enjoyed the video Lee thanks. Do you still use gas powered hot water?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2017, 11:39:47 am »
Enjoyed the video Lee thanks. Do you still use gas powered hot water?

Yes we do

supernova77

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2017, 11:42:37 am »
It does all look very impressive compared to how the majority of us on here run our businesses.

Well done Lee.

The following is not mean't to be negative, or said out of jealousy - it's just how I see it.

You can only really judge a business by seeing the figures.  What is Lee's Profit & Loss? ... He won't show us that - which is understandable ... But you need to see them to see how well he is really doing surely?

Also... Window cleaning is a customer focussed / customer service industry.  Lee has said himself on here that he is not interested in the customers at all - he only wants the money.   That philosophy is bound to rub off on his employees doing the work and dealing with the customers ... That will be a ticking time bomb which will start to effect the business within the next few years.

I am trying to expand ... But I'm doing it slowly ... My number 1 priority is the customer on every job that we do - if they are happy we will continue to do well and grow at a steady sustainable pace.

Andy :)

Lee Pryor

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2017, 11:55:04 am »
It does all look very impressive compared to how the majority of us on here run our businesses.

Well done Lee.

The following is not mean't to be negative, or said out of jealousy - it's just how I see it.

You can only really judge a business by seeing the figures.  What is Lee's Profit & Loss? ... He won't show us that - which is understandable ... But you need to see them to see how well he is really doing surely?

Also... Window cleaning is a customer focussed / customer service industry.  Lee has said himself on here that he is not interested in the customers at all - he only wants the money.   That philosophy is bound to rub off on his employees doing the work and dealing with the the customers ... That will be a ticking time bomb which will start to effect the business within the next few years.

I am trying to expand ... But I'm doing it slowly ... My number 1 priority is the customer on every job that we do - if they are happy we will continue to do well and grow at a steady sustainable pace.

I have absolutly not EVER said I do not care about my customers. I think you have that very wrong there Andy. My job and role in my business is not customer service, its money, stratergy, marketing, growth.......... the bigger picture of where we are at.

I think you are mixed up with me saying I do not see or deal with the customers. My staff do that. We have lots in place in terms of quality control and making sure people are happy so I do not have a ticking time bomb of any sort.

Telling people on here about the finer points of my finances is not something I plan to do. Frankly thats my business.

I do alright for myself.

supernova77

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2017, 12:04:41 pm »

Well done Lee.

Also... Window cleaning is a customer focussed / customer service industry.  Lee has said himself on here that he is not interested in the customers at all - he only wants the money.   That philosophy is bound to rub off on his employees doing the work and dealing with the the customers ... That will be a ticking time bomb which will start to effect the business within the next few years.

I have absolutly not EVER said I do not care about my customers. I think you have that very wrong there Andy. My job and role in my business is not customer service, its money, stratergy, marketing, growth.......... the bigger picture of where we are at.

I think you are mixed up with me saying I do not see or deal with the customers. My staff do that. We have lots in place in terms of quality control and making sure people are happy so I do not have a ticking time bomb of any sort.

Telling people on here about the finer points of my finances is not something I plan to do. Frankly thats my business.

I do alright for myself.

Fair enough I must have read it wrong somewhere ;)

As I said I wasn't being negative - I respect what you have done.

I was just making the point that to really see how well a business is doing then it's all about the figures - not for you personally but the business figures.   And obviously you don't want to show them which is understandable.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2017, 12:20:05 pm »
It is certainly true that the only real measure of any business is profit and net margin.

I dont mind saying that we will show a loss for 2016-17 and probably around break even for 17-18 This is due to the shear spending on equipment and marketing.  The plan is to emerge the other side and not need to be spending 150k each year on those things. That money then becomes part of the profit. I hope to show around 200k net profit for 18-19

Along the way I still pay myself a decent PAYE wage I just dont take a dividend on top right now while we are growing at this pace.

I had a very strict 3 year business plan when I sold my house. This is month 1 of year 2 right now. So far so good with my plans.

lal

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2017, 12:21:25 pm »
 Really enjoyed your video Lee, very very impressed with your office setup, especially the integration
 of your 50'' screens with vehicle Tracking etc, also love your Ionics pure water production setup, very
 impressive,  well done and all the best to you.

Best regards
 Lal

Marc Stock

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2017, 01:34:32 pm »
Andy..Iconic

At the end of the day. Lee is a LTD company anyway. So if you want to see his profit and loss account you can download it from companies house. When he files.

I think Lee has done well! I think that the level of commitment shows through the marketing, the setup and fleet of vans.

He has taken a Liability (his house) and liquidated it into an asset to setup a business that will also be an asset.

This shows confidence in his abilities, commitment to his employees and customers and it's a perfect example of maximizing available resources​ to grow and develop new opportunities.

We can all learn from this, and even though some of us may not have the same goals as Lee, we can still take the same model and use it for our own business.

At the end of the day Lee could have said nothing on how he is achieving it, believe me it makes no difference to him weather he shares this with us or not, and I appreciate the time he has taken to share this.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2017, 02:17:35 pm »
Very impressive, lee. All the very best!

Danny F

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2017, 05:41:24 pm »
Hi lee, looks a great set up ! just wondering how you manage the payments from customers? Would you use gocardless on this kind of scale? Using it myself at the min and liking it so far!

Lee Pryor

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2017, 05:53:20 pm »
Hi lee, looks a great set up ! just wondering how you manage the payments from customers? Would you use gocardless on this kind of scale? Using it myself at the min and liking it so far!

All we use now is go cardless. Still have a few long standing customers to change over. New customers joining have to use it or we turn them away.

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2017, 07:45:16 pm »
Good to see your doing well Lee.
I have seen your posts and videos from the beginning and everything you set out to do is going in the right direction for you.
You have some ambitious plans and it's nice to see even at 11 vans your still as hungry and determined as ever for it.

Well done.

Nick Day

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2017, 09:04:11 pm »
Well done Lee, it's a real inspiration seeing what you've done!