Smurf

Re: Hot with vision
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 10:56:19 am »
I've noticed green algae has been quite bad this year so it's not really down to what type of method you use. Algae and other types of spores float about naturally in the air and given the  right conditions will start to grow on damp surfaces anyhow. Be it brickwork, render, wood, concrete, plastics, glass etc. That is one of the reasons why I got into pressure and soft washing as most custards don't just want their windows cleaned.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 12:15:57 pm »
I noticed a difference in that my brush glided a little easier over the glass and there was a not unpleasant smell to the water but as regards finish to either windows or frames, absolutely no difference whatsoever. I gave it a good run in case it proved to be a cumulative thing (which it didn't). I never had a problem with gunk forming in my tank as I mixed it in barrels that were then emptied during the day so no water was ever left standing with vision in it. I stopped using it as I didn't see the point in paying for something that for me didn't live up to it's claims. 
In my experience, cold pure cleans glass and gets loose dirt off UPVC very well, hot pure does the job a little quicker, and the only way I've found to get most stains out of UPVC is with chemicals or cleaning creams.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Tosh

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 01:35:50 pm »
I think that post says it all. I agree with every word.

The thing is if you asked Kempy or whoever else was part of its inception they would simply say to those who see that Vision has no benefit that ‘there are those that have a different experience than others using Vision’.

I’d like to know why they have a different experience compared to other punters.

When someone eats ice-cream you have pretty much the same experience as the next person eating ice-cream. Its cold, it hurts your teeth, it tastes nice and it makes you fat if you eat too much.
If you use the same lawn mower as the next bloke you’ll have pretty much the same experience as the next bloke using the same lawn mower, it cuts the grass, makes a whirring noise, and creates a wonderfully refreshing and relaxing smell.

I think the truth about Vision is that everyone that uses it also has the same experience, just some choose to be drawn in by the hype and others see the reality of the product. They choose to believe the hype because they want to think they’re doing a better job and if they subscribe to the hype then they convince themselves that they are.

Its like Marmite, everyone has the same experience and taste sensation when they eat it, some like it, some don’t, but it's still exactly the same experience.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Jays Window Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2017, 01:55:55 pm »
Very well put but I hate marmite .

Shrek

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2017, 03:14:36 pm »
I love marmite

NWH

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2017, 04:23:05 pm »
I've noticed green algae has been quite bad this year so it's not really down to what type of method you use. Algae and other types of spores float about naturally in the air and given the  right conditions will start to grow on damp surfaces anyhow. Be it brickwork, render, wood, concrete, plastics, glass etc. That is one of the reasons why I got into pressure and soft washing as most custards don't just want their windows cleaned.
Your right although like I said I noticed it came back quicker than usual.

Jays Window Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2017, 08:31:47 pm »
Same here

Smurf

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2017, 08:51:17 pm »
So are you suggesting vision causes the surface to go green quicker then?

NWH

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2017, 10:26:49 pm »
I cleaned a weatherboard job as I said as well as UPVC framed Windows when using it and I noticed they became green quicker than years gone by,the thin strips on the actual PVC would go green even after a couple of months. It comes off again with ease but on returning it seemed to be different almost like slime you'd get in a pond.

Smurf

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2017, 10:21:26 am »
Interesting...I've not noticed any difference using vision or not. Even using a sh soft wash mix  it will kill the spores on the surfaces on application but after time the surface will be recolonized.

Typical example of this is a rendered building (larger block of flats) I drive past that approx 5 months ago the render was cleaned by a contractor. Now it looks just as bad again.

I assume going by the short time it took for the walls to go green again they used sh instead of ddac. Or after using sh they did not treat the render with ddac afterwards.

Like I mentioned before it's down to the amount of spores floating about in the air and this year is quite bad.

NWH

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2017, 03:17:02 pm »
Walls are different they are pourous for a start so mildew or similar can grow back out of the brickwork etc,I'm talking about a non pourous surface that is completely cleaned off to its original state,it grows back on the middle of the PVC in most cases not just where the joins meet.

Smurf

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2017, 03:59:54 pm »
Walls are different they are pourous for a start so mildew or similar can grow back out of the brickwork etc,I'm talking about a non pourous surface that is completely cleaned off to its original state,it grows back on the middle of the PVC in most cases not just where the joins meet.

Would  be interesting for you to find out if it makes any difference to soft wash the plastics with a 1% sh mix instead.

p1w1

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2017, 04:08:57 pm »

Would  be interesting for you to find out if it makes any difference to soft wash the plastics with a 1% sh mix instead.
lol you want to wash everything with this stuff, do you have it on your cornflakes in the morning  ;D you'll be setting up a teeth whitening company next.

Smurf

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2017, 04:19:24 pm »
Don't shoot the messenger lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqvABSlIBv4

It happens to be one of the methods I use now too