trippyboy

Gas bottle
« on: December 29, 2016, 06:15:39 pm »
Just got through my very first gas bottle 19kg calour gas. It lasted 19 days window cleaning . Really pleased with that, so glad i went over to hot, its just fantastic to work with, will never go back to cold again

Smurf

Re: Gas bottle
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 06:29:50 pm »
Told you so springs to mind

trippyboy

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 07:18:48 pm »

mufcglen

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 08:17:36 pm »
Can't beat the hot water,surprising how much difference it makes to the clean!
Check out this website I've started using after Somone posted a deal they did,they was doing 19kg bottles for £22 delivered, up to £32 inc £5 on return of bottle but they deliver  quite quickly and who knows they might do those cheap bottles again!!
http://gasdeal.co.uk

SeanK

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 10:51:07 pm »
Check out this website I've started using after Somone posted a deal they did,they was doing 19kg bottles for £22 delivered, up to £32 inc £5 on return of bottle but they deliver  quite quickly and who knows they might do those cheap bottles again!!

What difference does it make to the clean ?

8weekly

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 10:44:45 am »

Got to be quicker on stubborn marks. Washing up is quicker with hot water. Don't use it myself, but probably would if still a sole trader as it must feel nice in the cold. My fingers really feel the cold.

SeanK

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 11:01:38 am »

Got to be quicker on stubborn marks. Washing up is quicker with hot water. Don't use it myself, but probably would if still a sole trader as it must feel nice in the cold. My fingers really feel the cold.

Yes but that wouldn't make a difference to the clean other than maybe make it slightly quicker, I have a gas campervan
on demand water heater which I tried out for a few days and didn't find anything other than the comfort factor that would make me want to use it full time.

Google cleaning with hot water, there are very mixed science boffin opinions on its ability to clean better when not submerging the item in it,
I certainly didn't find it much extra help when trying it on stubborn hard to remove bird poo.

mufcglen

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 11:18:32 am »
I found it definately gives a better scrub on the glass and helps get the snail trails off easier too, even in summer it softens those stubborn little yellow bug spots we get!!
Well worth the £25-30 a month-ish extra to run it in my books as I find it helps me clean quicker.
I spoke to a carpet cleaning guy and he says the same thing in his line of business hot water makes a big difference to cold water!
I say to people imagine cleaning the dishes with fairy and cold water it stays all greasy and solid then use hot water everything just melts away

Tosh

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 11:18:58 am »
There’s a whole range of benefits, more thorough cleaning is one of them.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Tosh

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 11:21:19 am »
Google cleaning with hot water

Just did using those specific words. And the first page appears to be littered with comments suggesting cleaning with hot water is more effective than cold water.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Tosh

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2016, 01:25:48 pm »
C.H.A.T

Chemical
Heat
Agitation
Time (dwell)

More of any one of those and the better the clean.

We cant use chemicals and we don't want to add time ( tried soaking a bird poo before then going back to it s second time and it comes off much easier )

So more heat and better scrubbing power equals a faster clean

Youre welcome for the info

End of topic

Smurf

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2016, 04:08:46 pm »
"We cant use chemicals"  how come?  ::)roll

I often use heat and chems too especially on filthy exterior property deep cleans not just glass.

8weekly

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 06:29:47 pm »

On windows I think that's correct.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 06:37:57 pm »

I often use heat and chems too especially on filthy exterior property deep cleans not just glass.
didnt get that  myself

use chems on 1st cleans and deep cleans and no problems  ;)

SeanK

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 07:37:02 pm »

What are you removing from the glass and frames that cold users aren't ?

SeanK

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 07:47:24 pm »
There will be guys who cant use Xtreme brushes, clean without additives, clean without hot or a flat out flow and they will all argue its their way or no way, not one of them will have evidence proving their cleaning is any better than the guy using the Xtreme
brush and cold.
Don't get me wrong I'm sure there will be guys ( on the coast is one example) who may benefit from hot but to the majority of
users it will be nothing more than a placebo.

the king

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 08:50:06 pm »
for me hot is beta because im on the coast lots of bird crap and salt on the glass hot has saved me lots of water and time also bee pollen melts off no scrubing like mad so quicker and less water again in use  if i worked on a 4 weekly on clean glass inland with no bee pollen then ide just use cold

Smurf

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2016, 09:43:52 pm »
There will be guys who cant use Xtreme brushes, clean without additives, clean without hot or a flat out flow and they will all argue its their way or no way, not one of them will have evidence proving their cleaning is any better than the guy using the Xtreme
brush and cold.
Don't get me wrong I'm sure there will be guys ( on the coast is one example) who may benefit from hot but to the majority of

Placebo my arse  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Qanob6u_M

SeanK

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2016, 10:21:41 pm »
brush and cold.

Placebo my arse  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Qanob6u_M

Still not seeing anything I couldn't achieve with an Xtreme stiff and cold, or even better if I could get access to a customers tap
with a decent bit of water pressure.
Nice video though.

dazmond

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2016, 10:02:20 am »
Just got through my very first gas bottle 19kg calour gas. It lasted 19 days window cleaning . Really pleased with that, so glad i went over to hot, its just fantastic to work with, will never go back to cold again

thats good going trippy.i use two 13kg bottles a month using hot every day at £26 a pop so £52 a month.
price higher/work harder!

Tosh

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2016, 12:27:15 pm »

The grime and crud that cold either can't or takes longer to remove.

It's a fact, I've proven to myself that given every other factor being the same cold does not remove those pollen/orangey coloured deposits you get on glass whereas hot does. Unless you wish to soak and scrub them and then come back and repeat probably for another 3 or 4 times. Whereas hot does, plenty quicker.

You'll dispute it I know Sean, because that is what you do on here.

I presume you wash yourself in cold water?

SeanK

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2016, 01:48:40 pm »

The grime and crud that cold either can't or takes longer to remove.

It's a fact, I've proven to myself that given every other factor being the same cold does not remove those pollen/orangey coloured deposits you get on glass whereas hot does. Unless you wish to soak and scrub them and then come back and repeat probably for another 3 or 4 times. Whereas hot does, plenty quicker.

You'll dispute it I know Sean, because that is what you do on here.

No I don't mate as hot water is more comfortable to wash in, that said I'm not stupid enough to believe I couldn't
get myself every bit as clean using cold water.
But your right I do like to dispute silly nonsense. lol.

SeanK

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2016, 01:53:37 pm »
Soaking then scrubbing and repeating three of four times to remove a bit of pollen, you couldn't make it up. lol.

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2016, 02:29:21 pm »
Soaking then scrubbing and repeating three of four times to remove a bit of pollen, you couldn't make it up. lol.

the thing is sean thats what it takes sometimes in summer on properties in the leafy suburbs/countryside surrounded by well established trees and shrubs (when just using cold water).hot water defo melts pollen spots and bird muck quicker and easier for sure.

also "splash and dash"cleaning with a high flow and hot water your less likely to leave any spots than cold.
price higher/work harder!

Tosh

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2016, 02:32:40 pm »

You’re right you couldn’t. You must leave the windows with pollen residues on then (or whatever that gear is).

Tosh

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2016, 02:35:45 pm »
No I don't mate as hot water is more comfortable to wash in, that said I'm not stupid enough to believe I couldn't

Oh don’t be so ridiculous.

Every one knows bullcrap takes a lot more than a few goings over with cold water to remove it.

SeanK

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2016, 03:33:35 pm »

the thing is sean thats what it takes sometimes in summer on properties in the leafy suburbs/countryside surrounded by well established trees and shrubs (when just using cold water).hot water defo melts pollen spots and bird muck quicker and easier for sure.

also "splash and dash"cleaning with a high flow and hot water your less likely to leave any spots than cold.

Same thing happens when I change my resin Dazmond and that's a fact because I see it happening, we see what we want to see mate.

SeanK

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2016, 03:41:36 pm »

Oh don’t be so ridiculous.

Every one knows bullcrap takes a lot more than a few goings over with cold water to remove it.

Seriously you need to start cleaning in a better neighbourhood, you shouldn't have to be cleaning any type of poo from windows. lol.

Tosh

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2016, 04:51:43 pm »
I’ll take that comment as one of your well practised ‘swerves’.

SeanK

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2016, 06:08:41 pm »
I’ll take that comment as one of your well practised ‘swerves’.

Yes I could see you were getting upset, no point in falling out over something this silly.

Happy new year guys, I'm of to get drunk on hot whiskies as they do the job better than cold. lol.

Tosh

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2016, 07:06:22 pm »
And there's another one.

simonr

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2017, 11:34:47 am »

[/quote]

But your right I do like to dispute silly nonsense. lol.
[/quote]
Years ago when i was mooching about in Greece the only place i had to wash was a stone trough that a stream flowed through i never had soap and i had to be quick cos the village woman washed clothes there but it got me very clean n shiny  no problem at all and it was freezing

trippyboy

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2017, 09:28:28 pm »
I don't want to hijack any long drawn out disagreements here but i will say this...
I actually swapped over to hot with summer in mind.
Last summer was a complete pain for insect poo,pollen , snail trails and general baked in crap both from birds and the general poor quality of summertime air.
Going into my 2nd month of hot now and all i can say is am a very happy bunny, the results are much better and crap just falls off with hot.
I intend going hot all year,and allready my mind is made up, im never going back to cold  ;D