ben M

Dave Willis

Re: Nano 25ft
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 11:10:41 pm »
Looks like they charge vat now. Brushes must be more than they were.

Xline Systems

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 07:33:17 pm »
any review on this new pole?

http://www.xline-systems.co.uk/xline-shop/water-fed-poles/super-high-modulus-carbon-fibre/25ft-carbon-nano-water-fed-pole-detail

We have only received the 1 review so far as these have only just been launched.

Tony purchased the 25ft version at Mark Munro's cleaning show, this was his initial review after a couple of weeks (Screenshot attached);

Xline Systems

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 07:35:13 pm »
Always charged VAT Dave, so brushes the same price as they have always been.
Are you looking at the new wash and rinse bar brushes and seeing these at a higher price to the standard jetted brushes maybe?

Nick Day

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 07:44:44 pm »
I see your ad says "your super high modulus". So do you make the poles with carbon fibre to your spec. What is the spec? Do you make the poles? Normally high modulus would never be any good for a window cleaning pole.

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 08:48:56 pm »
Always charged VAT Dave, so brushes the same price as they have always been.
Are you looking at the new wash and rinse bar brushes and seeing these at a higher price to the standard jetted brushes maybe?

My mistake then, I didn't check the prices, just thought there was no vat when I bought a couple some time back. Very hard wearing brushes too, still look new.

dd

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 09:46:06 pm »
I see your ad says "your super high modulus". So do you make the poles with carbon fibre to your spec. What is the spec? Do you make the poles? Normally high modulus would never be any good for a window cleaning pole.
So why do Gardiner's sell high modulus poles then?

NWH

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 11:04:56 pm »
What is this pole like compared to the extreme poles I'm not interested in the name of it (high modulus) is it lighter and as ridged.

Xline Systems

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 10:04:01 am »
What is this pole like compared to the extreme poles I'm not interested in the name of it (high modulus) is it lighter and as ridged.

Weight wise very similar, our 18ft Nano version is only 32g's more than the Extreme 18, but we are confident its more rigid and stronger.

Xline Systems

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 10:08:50 am »
Hi Nick, yes we design, test and have these poles manufactured to our specific requirements. We aim to create strong rigid and good all round poles, rather than just light (and cheaper) poles.

Modulus is a measurment of tensile stength of the carbon.

Why would you say a higher modulus would never be good for water fed poles?

Pete Thompson

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 12:59:47 pm »

No it isn't.

Nick Day

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 05:21:08 pm »
Modulus is a measurement of the amount of fibres to certain area. a 200 usn will have twice as many fibres as a 100 usn. All carbon fibre can be classed as high modulus and is a product you cannot be sued for making the claim.
There is an extremely high modulus carbon fibre but is extremely brittle and you could not afford to make a pole from it. It is about $1500 per ounce.
I am suspecting that the extremely light poles are more down to the lay up of the material than the material itself. I am sure that I saw that Gardiners has a patent for the lay up of a pole.

robert mitchell

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 07:53:59 pm »

No it isn't.

modulus is a measure of the stiffness of a material and is not  specific to carbon fibre.
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Og

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 10:02:45 pm »
I used to work with thermoset polymers innit.
Modulus is indeed the measurement of tensile strength, tested on tensometer.
Typically a dumbbell shape is pressed out of the test material and placed between two clamps. The upper clamp goes up and records the amount of force (n?)required to stretch 100% 200% etc until it snaps. Such happy days.
Lots of factors will affect the result.

dd

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 08:40:56 pm »
Going by some of the replies on this site you might think you need a degree in Physics before buying a wfp.

Beats me why Alex can sell "High Modulus" poles, but when another supplier does,  some come down on him like a ton of bricks.

Thank you Og (a voice of reason) for settling the debate -  which in the end had nothing to do with how good the pole was.

Xline Systems

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2016, 10:15:07 pm »
Going by some of the replies on this site you might think you need a degree in Physics before buying a wfp.

Beats me why Alex can sell "High Modulus" poles, but when another supplier does,  some come down on him like a ton of bricks.

Thank you Og (a voice of reason) for settling the debate -  which in the end had nothing to do with how good the pole was.
When it comes to window cleaners choosing a "carbon" waterfed pole there are not that many options for them to differentiate between the various types on the market (especially just viewing online), maybe weight or price, but when it also comes to rigidity its harder to compare.

For us when we design our poles we aim to make them as rigid as possible for their class and price point (because as window cleaners we prefer a more rigid pole compared to a more flexible one), this sometimes makes our poles slightly heavier or even dearer than other similar poles out there, but for us this creates a better all round pole. The experience and passion we put into designing and testing our products is proving good for us as we are seeing extremely positive feedback from our users regarding our poles, brushes and systems.

So yes sometimes different marketing terms are used by different manufacturers to distinguish between different grades of carbon fibre in order to help the end user try and compare poles, but at the end of the day this is to benefit the end user and not in any way to decieve or cause an argument. We are happy for any of our products to be tested and compared to any other similar products out there, as we are confident when people use our products they are impressed and maybe even sometimes surprised.

Also competition between different manufacturers can only be a good thing for the industry and ultimately the end users (you guys). 

Would like to think Alex G, even the guys at facelift and Ionics relish the competition between us all - keeps us on our toes !! :)

ben M

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 08:57:51 pm »
anymore reviews?

jk999

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 09:20:55 pm »
I had one of the older ones can't remember which company I got it from it wasn't xline a lot heaver that the six and also I have had my slx for over five years still going strong only had the other just over a year didn't like it clamps are useless when they start to wear .had a lot of poles over the last 17 years and to be honest I think gardiner s are the best

ben M

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 09:38:54 pm »
I had one of the older ones can't remember which company I got it from it wasn't xline a lot heaver that the six and also I have had my slx for over five years still going strong only had the other just over a year didn't like it clamps are useless when they start to wear .had a lot of poles over the last 17 years and to be honest I think gardiner s are the best
it wasn't  my question,was it? ;D

ben M

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 10:28:07 am »
Still no reviews?? Probably not the right forum to ask this question....