Ian101

skyvac industrial v 3000w from gutter cleaning systems
« on: October 09, 2016, 08:22:03 am »
http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/3000carbonfibrekits.html

http://www.guttercleaningmachines.com/SkyVac85.asp

This will be used for mainly large commercial gutter clearance -  schools - ware houses etc

Anyone had experience of both these systems ?

Sky vac publish the performance e.g. 150 inches of water lift the others don't .... so far as I can see.

johnny bravo

Re: skyvac industrial v 3000w from gutter cleaning systems
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 11:10:59 am »
i think sky vac just make theres look and sound more exciting , as if theres is the only vac to b able to do this,   ooohhh  yes and the price,  nearly double for the same spec.

its like going to sainsburys or aldi.        its your choice , but you spend more in one, for the same item

johnny bravo

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 11:12:25 am »
there prob using the same vac, just stick there name brand on it.

mufcglen

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 11:22:27 am »
I've just bought the 1250 vac with carbon poles from gcs as I didn't have the room for the bigger one but the attachments that came with it are pretty cool and they make they're own carbon fibre poles that are 100% carbon whereas skyvac are part carbon part firbreglass and also gcs uses bigger 50mm bore pole and hose too.

Ian101

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 11:23:42 am »
i think sky vac just make theres look and sound more exciting , as if theres is the only vac to b able to do this,   ooohhh  yes and the price,  nearly double for the same spec.

its like going to sainsburys or aldi.        its your choice , but you spend more in one, for the same item

its the double the price bit that im finding hard to get over ..

spoken to the guys with the lower priced one and they sound genuine that it will do the work load no problems

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 11:30:49 am »
im thinking is it a case of over kill like say ionics parts per billion yes it does the job but so does a pure freedom set up at a fraction of the price ??

Shrek

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 11:32:35 am »
im thinking is it a case of over kill like say ionics parts per billion yes it does the job but so does a pure freedom set up at a fraction of the price ??

A bit like comparing Dave f's prices to nathan k's.....

8weekly

Tony Edwards

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 01:08:22 pm »
I've just bought the 1250 vac with carbon poles from gcs as I didn't have the room for the bigger one but the attachments that came with it are pretty cool and they make they're own carbon fibre poles that are 100% carbon whereas skyvac are part carbon part firbreglass and also gcs uses bigger 50mm bore pole and hose too.

Link please ?

mufcglen

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 01:43:32 pm »

Link please ?

http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/gcs1250carbonfibre.html

the king

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2016, 05:01:49 pm »
What about this one?

http://guttersuckerdirect.co.uk/gutter-sucker-pro-system
m8 friend has that one but it allways blocks on the inlet as it has a small inlet and a u bend to stop water hiting the moter if i was to get that vac ide change the inlet with a side inlet like grippavac

the king

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 05:03:47 pm »
the grippa vac is very good only £700 ish its plenty powerfull anouth ive only strugled when the gutters are solid matted were u strugle to do them buy hand

8weekly

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2016, 06:03:32 pm »
What about this one?

m8 friend has that one but it allways blocks on the inlet as it has a small inlet and a u bend to stop water hiting the moter if i was to get that vac ide change the inlet with a side inlet like grippavac
I've got that one. It has a side inlet . It's been great which was why I wondered whether it ought to be considered with the others.

Nick Day

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2016, 06:18:14 pm »
We always configure our machines for gutter cleaning. We cut out the entrance bend and then the muck either hits a deflector that we set 4-5 inches from the entrance with a foam filter or use a bag filter with a piece of scouring pad sewn in to prevent blockages. The flexible bag acts as a deflector.The side entry does the same but is very expensive way of doing it. It is advertised as cyclonic but is not, We have had both nu-matics, the side entry makes no difference to the power.

the king

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2016, 08:19:27 pm »
What about this one?

I've got that one. It has a side inlet . It's been great which was why I wondered whether it ought to be considered with the others.
my m8s one also has smaller poles there not 51mm like mine there half the size bladerite from tauntion  sold them to him

the king

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2016, 08:22:14 pm »
We always configure our machines for gutter cleaning. We cut out the entrance bend and then the muck either hits a deflector that we set 4-5 inches from the entrance with a foam filter or use a bag filter with a piece of scouring pad sewn in to prevent blockages. The flexible bag acts as a deflector.The side entry does the same but is very expensive way of doing it. It is advertised as cyclonic but is not, We have had both nu-matics, the side entry makes no difference to the power.
will ur gutter poll heads fit my 51mm poles ? they look realy good nick ive got the airospace alli poles from bladerite with that rubbery ubend on it

Nick Day

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2016, 09:00:58 pm »
Yes they should fit with no problem.

Stoots

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2016, 09:11:53 pm »

Ah, so that piece of metal is a deflector, i can never remember which way round the top of the vac goes on the base after ive emptied it, now i know pipe to deflector.

cheers ol saint nick

Smurf

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2016, 10:08:17 pm »
What about this one?

I also think having a  50 mm side inlet is just a load b******s. 100 mm inlet works for me ;D ;D

CleanClear

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2016, 10:16:28 pm »
Going back a few years ago, when the gutter vac systems where just getting all the rage and touted on here i bought one from a link on here, can't remember what site someone in Norfolk or that way i think. It was an ok system with heavy alloy poles but it was alright. It came with pretty much this exact wet and dry vaccum........
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/cvac30ssr-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner/

A year or so later i "uprated " to a better "wet and dry" vac and got something like this............
http://kiamproducts.co.uk/cleaning/vacuum/wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner/kiam-kv80-3-triple-motor-industrial-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner-gutter-cleaning-vac.html

If my memory serves me right then Dave Willis also bought the same one. In any event, it turned out to be a pile of crap for me. For two reasons.....    1. It was awkward to move around when going round a typical semi, across grass etc, the wheels broke etc and  2. to  be honest, even though i could see and switch on three separate motors there seemed to be no actual physical increase in suction power. i.e the only thing that seemed better was the increased holding tank for the debris vaccumed up. Be interested in Dave Willis's take on this.

Now i know someones gonna say.....  Kiam is a crap brand. And i'm not gonna argue. I feel they are a "generic" brand. So, here's the Kiam........

And compare it too....http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/3000carbonfibrekits.html

They look identical to me. I've an idea the rest are pretty much generic too. It could be the case they are all using a generic tub, frame switches, but the motors are different ? I'd doubt it.

Well Dave, you still using yours ?  ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------