robbo333

Re: Litres per minute at the brush head - survey. Your views please.
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 07:30:10 pm »
As many above, I tweak the flow rate to suit my setup and how I work.
I run 40m of microbore and 60m of gardiners reinforced pole hose on my reel. Pure freedom controller on 45. I'm happy with my setup for my speed of working (average to slow...ole git!) I know it works for me because the initial burst of water through the pump is too much and bounces back off the glass, rather than running down it, and when the battery gets low and the water flow reduces, I'm working too slowly and it's annoying. Also I know the flow is good when I can hit a neighbours dog or cat 15 feet away.
Having said all that I am intrigued!
Science dictates that there must be an optimum way to clean a window: the most efficient way around the window, plus the frames, the best flow rate, how many times over the glass, how long to rinse?  And all this whilst maintaining a quality clean.
Oh well, I think my jacket spuds are done.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Tosh

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 09:34:14 pm »
i have a 12 ltr per min pump you dont get much extra from it as the back presure makes it cut out, so i doubt a 15 lpm would be any good unless using 1/2 inch bore hose

we run at between 60 and 75 on the digital controllers (6 and 8) analogue flow is tweeked until the fan jets hit a wide strong pattern much more and the water is wasted

Darran

Darren d'you use 6 or 8 mm delivery hose?
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smudger

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2016, 09:44:14 pm »

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Tosh

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2016, 10:50:26 pm »
Thanks.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Mick Kent

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2016, 04:27:44 pm »
Today i blasted out 50 instead of 20 from reading this thread to see if was any different and apart from wasting so much water i didnt find i was any quicker at all! May e its where all my work ks 4 weekly and already clean but what a way to waste pure water when not needed!. I wont be doing that again and will be sticking with 20.

Shrek

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 04:34:31 pm »
Wow , at 20 it must be dribbling out

Mick Kent

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2016, 04:46:19 pm »
No it spurts a good 6 ft and rinses perfect. Been doing it that way for years. 650 litres lasts me 3 days on domestics doing 30 plus fronts a day. Never had any issues and always home before 3pm unless on commercial days

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2016, 05:23:36 pm »
No it spurts a good 6 ft and rinses perfect. Been doing it that way for years. 650 litres lasts me 3 days on domestics doing 30 plus fronts a day. Never had any issues and always home before 3pm unless on commercial days

Our controllers must be calibrated very differently as I had mine set on 50% today and covered 35 properties with 212ltrs (8.5 barrels). Five were flats and the rest were 2 and 3 bed terraced houses 
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Mick Kent

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2016, 05:28:18 pm »

Our controllers must be calibrated very differently as I had mine set on 50% today and covered 35 properties with 212ltrs (8.5 barrels). Five were flats and the rest were 2 and 3 bed terraced houses
Im not sure mate, never calibrated so havnt a clue. Ill load a video up on 20 and how my flow is. I do have 2 pumps and 2 controllers and work off 20 with either with the same flow. At 50 it really does shoot out far as in the other side of the road nearly which is way too high for me.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2016, 05:43:06 pm »

Im not sure mate, never calibrated so havnt a clue. Ill load a video up on 20 and how my flow is. I do have 2 pumps and 2 controllers and work off 20 with either with the same flow. At 50 it really does shoot out far as in the other side of the road nearly which is way too high for me.

Wow. Even on 50% my water doesn't go anywhere near that far. I recon my actual flow rate is about the same as yours going by the amount of water we both  use.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Smudger

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2016, 06:26:44 pm »
Today i blasted out 50 instead of 20 from reading this thread to see if was any different and apart from wasting so much water i didnt find i was any quicker at all! May e its where all my work ks 4 weekly and already clean but what a way to waste pure water when not needed!. I wont be doing that again and will be sticking with 20.

TBH that's not a acurate test, because your already in a mind set that a window takes X amount of time, if you used high flow for a week you would then see a difference in times

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

SeanK

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2016, 07:19:07 pm »

TBH that's not a acurate test, because your already in a mind set that a window takes X amount of time, if you used high flow for a week you would then see a difference in times

Darran

No he wouldn't you need a high flow to be quick he doesn't, its no different to putting an Xtreme brush into the hands of somebody who believes its not up to the job, its going to slow them down for no other reason than they have no faith in it.

Mick Kent

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2016, 07:22:34 pm »

Darran

No he wouldn't you need a high flow to be quick he doesn't, its no different to putting an Xtreme brush into the hands of somebody who believes its not up to the job, its going to slow them down for no other reason than they have no faith in it.
I have to agree, the point i was making was i was no quicker at cleaning and didnt have the need to be any quicker as i already work at the fastest speed possible as i believe in job and knock so bash it all out quick as i can splashing and dashing on regular 4 weekly work.

groundhog

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2016, 07:44:29 pm »
I have never bothered with a controller, I like plenty of water and average 700litres a day. I am slightly concerned though as have recently moved to a property with a water metre, so not looking forward to the first bill!!