nathankaye

taking back my cleans!!
« on: March 07, 2016, 10:54:07 am »

I have a customer who kept saying will pay cardless and didnt. Even gave her paypal info to pay me and im tired of knocking for my money. Iv sent her letters informing her of further action and still nothing!!
So ive decided to take back my 3 cleans with interest and will spray dirty water back on her windows on 3 different times to reclaim cleans back.
Let see if that will work!!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slash

Re: taking back my cleans!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 11:58:11 am »
Oh dear,I wouldn't do that, I've often felt like doing that too but got more satisfaction when they ring up wondering where I am and telling them to go .

Positivity

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 12:05:26 pm »
I wouldn't bother stooping down to their level.
Just put it behind you mate and keep your character intact.
It's only money after all - you've got a name and reputation to consider. 8) 8)

sunshine windows

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 12:07:49 pm »
You could also be prosecuted for criminal damage
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 12:17:27 pm »
Don't get too many of these type customers but it does happen.  When it does I make reasonable efforts to collect my money but if I get no joy then I just make a note not to clean that property again as long as that person lives there and makes no effort to  pay up. If they ever ask me to clean for them again, then I point out that money is still owed and I won't even consider doing them again until it's paid. If I take them on again it'll be after I've been paid what was owed and with a price increase and if they do it again with no good reason then they are off my books for good.
Like I say, it hasn't happened too often that they have come back to me once I've stopped calling for my money. However, on the odd occasion when they have some have paid up and even become solid customers, something that is unlikely to have happened if I'd sprayed dirt up their windows.

Just my two penneth!
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

robbo333

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 12:22:08 pm »
I think if you did do it, you'd probably regret it after and then it's too late.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Ste b

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 12:29:32 pm »
I think if you did do it, you'd probably regret it after and then it's too late.

If he did regret it he could always clean them. 😄
The purpose of life is to have a life full of purpose

lee_dewing

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 01:07:13 pm »
Thomas Higgins solicitors, letter before action £1.99.

You have to register with them.

You may have already done this.

You can keep knocking, I've done this, when they realise your gonna keep banging on the door they usually pay.

In my experience.
But you must remain calm.

It is tax deductible if they won't pay.

It can eat away at you I know.

Good luck.

Don't get in trouble over it!
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 04:05:40 pm »
The good thing about this forum, you can have a rant n come to your senses
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slash

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 05:15:54 pm »
The good thing about this forum, you can have a rant n come to your senses
Good boy  ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 05:38:41 pm »

If he did regret it he could always clean them. 😄

;D ;D ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 05:53:30 pm »
I did it and strangely I never regretted it. I used virosol though and told them not to touch it as it was neat acid. I told the little fart he was getting it every six weeks too.

The only regret I have is I never punched him.

I'v e grown up now though - that was last year  :)

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 06:05:41 pm »
you do right !! crack on is what I say

Stoots

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 06:42:34 pm »
This is amazing, please do it and post pics

love how you are planning 3 cleans, not just once but 3 occasions, genius  :D

windowswashed

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 06:57:45 pm »
Just knock and collect early sunday mornings and Bank holidays if it pees you that much that at least you'll have satisfaction she doesn't get a sleep in  ;D

Spruce

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 07:43:35 pm »
When you have nothing to do then write to Experian with all the details, customers name, address etc. Tell them in the letter how many times you have tried to get your money but they are ignoring you.

You realise that its not worth taking legal action over this amount, but you feel the need to report it as it does reflect on this person's credit worthiness and their attitude toward those they owe money to.

Experian should/will include this unpaid debt on their credit record. I understand a windie who did this eventually got his money and a nice request to contact Experian to let them know the debt has been settled. Apparently this debt flagged up when the customer applied for credit and the loan was rejected because of this outstanding debt.

The windie took his time though.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

8weekly

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 07:43:53 pm »
This is amazing, please do it and post pics

love how you are planning 3 cleans, not just once but 3 occasions, genius  :D
Hardly.  ::)roll

Spruce

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2016, 07:49:46 pm »
We try to collect/get money after each clean, even those we have done for years.

We've been cleaning windows long enough to see how many good paying customers changed over the years and became poor payers.

We only have 1 customer who is due now but hasn't settled the previous clean.

We have another that owes us £10.00 for 2 cleans and she has no intention of paying. I have mentally written it off.  She's just not worth the agro.  She will get the Experian treatment and we will patiently wait to see the outcome.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

capn sparkle

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2016, 08:19:33 pm »
When you have nothing to do then write to Experian with all the details, customers name, address etc. Tell them in the letter how many times you have tried to get your money but they are ignoring you.

You realise that its not worth taking legal action over this amount, but you feel the need to report it as it does reflect on this person's credit worthiness and their attitude toward those they owe money to.

Experian should/will include this unpaid debt on their credit record. I understand a windie who did this eventually got his money and a nice request to contact Experian to let them know the debt has been settled. Apparently this debt flagged up when the customer applied for credit and the loan was rejected because of this outstanding debt.

The windie took his time though.

This I LIKE! I really really like.

Me  ;D
Custie  :'(

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 11:25:30 pm »
So how much per year on average are we all having to write off as bad debt? ( on a mainly residential round). ive been doing wc for 12yrs now and only lose an average of £25 per year. Not much but i cant tell you how much it pees me off.

roughly £50-100 a year i write off usually but it was £6 last year! ;D

£22 this year already and probably another £50 imminent.

even though im owed nearly £500 at present ive got paid MORE money this year than ive earned due to "rolling debt" from last year.

i really cant be bothered chasing people up after a few months.i just concentrate on cleaning the customers that do pay.its a very miniscule percentage in the overall scheme of things.i dont forget those who owe money if they ever want their windows cleaned again though! :)

i dont even get annoyed these days and expect a very small amount of non payers.it easily balances out over the course of the year with xmas tips etc anyway.
price higher/work harder!