dazmond

VISION!more cons than pros?
« on: January 08, 2015, 04:52:15 pm »
4th day using vision today and to be honest im getting fed up with it.its SLOWING ME DOWN and im using more water!

PROS?  it leaves a more noticeable shine for sure and its good for shifting snail trails quicker.

CONS?for me its the rinsing which is bugging me! ::)roll

the solution is sticking to the glass more than just pure water alone and the bubbles are confusing as im not sure whether its bubbles or dirt when rinsing off so im rinsing more thus using more water and slowing me down.

also the glide of the brush is making scrubbing  harder.the brush doesnt "grip" the glass at all and im noticing a lot more little bits still on the glass even after rinsing the window twice or 3 times!

an awkward access  6 weekly commercial job this morning usually takes 2 refills of my backpack.today it took 3 refills and the job took me 15 mins longer than usual due to having to scrub and rinse more than usual.the windows were not dirtier than normal

im finding it a nightmare really so i wont be using vision again in my tank.ive never had many problems with using just pure water anyway for window cleaning.

i dont want to come across as slagging off this product but ive tried it and i personally think its not for me.

the last few days i reckon ive been an hour slower overall than my usual time on all jobs.

is vision ok to use in my bucket for trad though?with the added shine and slip it could be a winner! :)
price higher/work harder!

slap bash

Re: VISION!more cons than pros?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 05:01:24 pm »
Thanks Desmond to that honest revue. Said as it is.
I keep thinking its a coating to create shine Nano tech,  like Rhino was selling then with drew his offer. 

Lee GLS

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 05:07:07 pm »
I found it slows down rinsing too Daz.

wfp master

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 05:08:26 pm »
just rinse as you normally would.

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 05:12:23 pm »
wash your mouth out Dazmond!!!  :o

duncan h

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 05:13:10 pm »
pretty much same here. I thought cant be arst returning it, so used 1 pump to my 250ltr tank. Much better. I went in the dark to collect a custy money. Spotlight went on. I thought. poop they look good. What a shine. So I may continue....not sure. As for cleaning better unsure. Wasn't any worse for sure. Bubbles were my biggest gripe

Avo

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 05:15:03 pm »
Nothing wrong with plain pure water hence its name "pure" this stuff is a gimmick sorry boys..

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 05:16:49 pm »
wheres SeanK  ;D

Avo

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 05:19:30 pm »
Why don't you put a cap of that gg3 in daz see what that can do.. I bet it's better than vision

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 05:25:25 pm »
Its great trad, Just rinse as normal on our 2 weekly round which we clean splash and dash the windows today looked great and we were 3 days late cleaning we also rinse brush on on these.
Spit and polish

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 05:47:51 pm »
ive been putting it in the recommended quantities.1 ml per 100 litres.

today it was just too much faffing about rinsing like a newbie!! ;D

when i tried to rinse as a normally would.id return later after id done a few more windows to find loads of little bits still stuck to the window that would not normally be there with just pure water alone.

i really dont like the glide either when scrubbing.

pikeman

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 05:53:21 pm »
Always read dazmonds posts so for me I am out.

Jonny 87

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 06:35:20 pm »
Hi Daz!

Sorry you've not had a great day.

Something we are thinking about is reducing the bubble issue. Your not the first to say you don't like that part. On the other hand there are some that like the bubbles (not just in champagne) but I would say more have disliked it.

You could reduce the amount you are putting in, and this will reduce the issue while still keeping a little bit of the shine and cleaning power. Perhaps just dosing your tank every other day, with a smaller measure.

Thanks for your review though. We genuinely want to hear the good and bad as we can very much tweak every part of vision.

P.s yes you can also use it for trad. It leaves a good shine and gives the squeegee better glide too.

Personally I still use ecover as my soap but just put a few mill of vision in my bucket too. Best of both worlds I feel.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Mike #1

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 06:41:53 pm »
After day 8 of using vision no complaints at all , using a 400 litre tank I put half the recommended dose in tank daily far less bubbles and due to the easy glide feeling less fatigued .

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 07:20:10 pm »
the shine and cleaning power of just pure water on its own is sufficient i feel.

vision does leave a better shine though and its been great on snail trails as ive already said.

the main gripe is the extra rinsing and bubbles.

also i feel the extra glide is hindering the scrubbing action part and stopping the little bits of grit/dirt being dislodged from the glass surface as easily.rinsing with bubbles is not helping to float them off the glass either.

Window Lickers

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 07:23:15 pm »
Why do u think u need to rinse more?

I've always suspected that a brush that glides easier over the glass isn't actually going to clean as effectively.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 07:26:59 pm »
Why do u think u need to rinse more?

I've always suspected that a brush that glides easier over the glass isn't actually going to clean as effectively.

read my post above matt! ;D

i agree.

Mick Kent

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2015, 09:02:12 pm »
Who made this "vision" stuff anyway??

dave0123

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2015, 09:11:33 pm »
Whats vision?

I haven't been on here for a couple of weeks so never heard of it.
Dave.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2015, 09:21:25 pm »
After day 8 of using vision no complaints at all , using a 400 litre tank I put half the recommended dose in tank daily far less bubbles and due to the easy glide feeling less fatigued .

Is that a good mix then. 400L for 2ml ?