Smurf

Re: Gutter vacuum upvc poles?
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2014, 11:32:14 am »
Thanks smudger,

Ionics imported in a gutter upkeeper from the states a few yeas back that did not sell very well.

I wonder why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNJBGo7ZNNI

Smurf

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 11:35:19 am »
Here was their self propelled version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4xoQvrNkR0

Smudger

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 11:50:23 am »
 :o

"Faster then the old way"  :-X yeah just takes an 18 wheeler a day to deliver it !

Now that's over kill!

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Lee.

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 08:59:21 pm »
Thanks all for your input, I think I've made up my mind and not go DIY but use a gutter vacuum system from the internet. Thank you so much Stu for your constructive help and giving me that fantastic link it seems more reasonable and cheap enough for me.

Many Thanks all
Lee

Avo

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2014, 10:30:47 pm »
I hope they have change the poles since I last pick them up just one section of there pole weighed around 1kg so add another 4 onto this mate.  I ended up with tennis elbow from using those years ago mate the price might look good.

Lee.

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2014, 09:17:37 am »
Thanks Avo for the warning! I do maybe 2 gutter jobs a month and most would be just above first storey. Would it still be a problem?

Smurf

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2014, 10:19:46 am »
Most get rid of those ali poles in the link as are too fooking heavy espesially on actue angles. They will get even heavier when crap builds up on the inside walls of the poles and nozzles.

Thanks Avo for the warning! I do maybe 2 gutter jobs a month and most would be just above first storey. Would it still be a problem?

Avo

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2014, 12:28:35 pm »
I started off saying the same... Do 2 jobs a month lol.. Now it's 5 a week minimum.

Just wait on and buy when you can afford some better ones don't make the mistake I made years ago.

Guttervacsystems do a better and lighter pole set check those instead

Smurf

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2014, 01:43:23 pm »
The most I have ever done in a day domestic wise using a guttervac is 6 properties.

CleanClear

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2014, 03:59:24 pm »
You will soon know if you have a blockage or the vac is full as the tone of the vac motors will change. Also if you have a gopro on the pole you can see what you are doing too.

Clear plastic guttervac poles would not last five mins and is a stupid idea if you ask me

Ok, only shown at a low height but they look fine ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f4_HhoBZJQ

*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Smurf

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 04:50:44 pm »
So how many did ionics actualy sell...two including the demo one maybe ;D

You will soon know if you have a blockage or the vac is full as the tone of the vac motors will change. Also if you have a gopro on the pole you can see what you are doing too.

Clear plastic guttervac poles would not last five mins and is a stupid idea if you ask me

Ok, only shown at a low height but they look fine ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f4_HhoBZJQ

Smurf

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 04:56:45 pm »
If you have never tried gutter clearing with a vac before you have no idea how difficult it can be so the more robust and light weight the poles are the more work you can get through without killing yourself in the process.

CleanClear

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2014, 05:38:31 pm »
If you have never tried gutter clearing with a vac before you have no idea how difficult it can be so the more robust and light weight the poles are the more work you can get through without killing yourself in the process.

Yeah i do gutter vac and have both Alloy poles and the grippa/gardiners poles. I also understand what you mean when you say you can tell when they're blocked etc.. I've never actually had a go of them clear tubes, but something about them appeals to me. Might just be the effect of seeing everything flowing.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Smurf

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2014, 05:55:47 pm »
You have hit the nail on the head as the only appealing thing is seeing the crap being sucked up through the clear plastic tubes and that is about it. As for being practical they look a total waste of space if you ask me and the wet tile grit/crud will eventually stick to the inside so you will see bugger all ;D