Jonny 87

Re: Contaminated van tank.
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 11:18:35 pm »
Hi winpro.

I'm just sharing my experiences.

A window that is hydrophilic rinses very well and is left almost dry after the rinse, wheras hydrophobic beads up and more water is left on the glass. This is where real pure (000 and less) comes into its own.

5 parts per million seems like very little, but condense that down, to every square inch of the glass, 5 parts of dirt in that square, and the next and the next. Over time it can build up on glass almost leaving a mineral deposit type of effect.

Again, you may well not get complaints, but that doesn't mean the job is perfect.

The beads of pure water on hydrophilic glass will absorb atmospheric particles. In winter, these beads can last all day & so are vulnerable to anything that they can absorb. I agree that the beads are concentrated areas but don't agree that 005ppm water alone would leave any visible mark, if the bead of 005ppm water was in a sterile environment you wouldn't see any marks left behind.

I see your point, but I tested it with hot water too, glass dries quicker even in winter, and could check the results.

Just like 020 gives better cleaning results than 099, 000 gives better than 020 and so on.

You can keep on going down the scale.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

H20cleaning

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 11:19:50 pm »
Well its a mystery then ;D
 But like i say, its been done.
All my water comes out my holding tank at 000and out my pole at 001 when the resin has just been changed.
 i dont even understand purified water and all the parts per million ect ???
I just know i was taught that at 005 its time for a resin change.

Mike #1

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2014, 06:13:33 am »
Forgot to order resin and it took 3 days to arrive so been cleaning at 22ppm and windows have been spotless when i double checked .

Sick of messing on with resin it is aright pain so  going back to RO later this year simple and hassle free . Mike

Spruce

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2014, 07:18:40 am »
We also work in Teesside and can assure you guys that I will not let the tds go above 2.

I have always put it down to the salt sea winds off the sea in Saltburn and Skelton, but Redcar also experiences polution from industry that does mean that we have to spend more time scrubbing and rinsing to ensure a good clean. We only do a handful of houses in Redcar and they are all the same.

I'm sure some can clean to a high standard with a higher tds water, and have long held the belief that its what the dissolved solids are in the water that determines what you can and cannot get away with. Location also has a lot to do with it as well as the time of the year.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 07:33:06 am »
clean your own windows, wait till dark then shine a torch from the outside in (you stay inside and stick your arm out) you wouldn't believe the mess left on the glass!

Jonny 87

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 08:00:03 am »
clean your own windows, wait till dark then shine a torch from the outside in (you stay inside and stick your arm out) you wouldn't believe the mess left on the glass!

I did this the other day. I've got a street light right outside the house so I get the same effect, mine were spotless though. But I only use 000 and below, and am very thorough.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

H20cleaning

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2014, 08:15:24 am »
We also work in Teesside and can assure you guys that I will not let the tds go above 2.

I have always put it down to the salt sea winds off the sea in Saltburn and Skelton, but Redcar also experiences polution from industry that does mean that we have to spend more time scrubbing and rinsing to ensure a good clean. We only do a handful of houses in Redcar and they are all the same.

I'm sure some can clean to a high standard with a higher tds water, and have long held the belief that its what the dissolved solids are in the water that determines what you can and cannot get away with. Location also has a lot to do with it as well as the time of the year.

Get out my patch

James Bulton

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2014, 09:15:45 am »
House hold bleach will do the same job. If Miltons is in a tablet or a powder form  I would not use it as it has a copper stabilizer which will spot on glass. Therefor the same as swimming pool chlorine. But if  its a liquid then its fine but just the same household bleach which does not have a stabilizer which works as a slow release. They call this a chlorine shock as must be quick release. Its a good idea to do this in all water storage tanks and van tanks to kill bacteria a few time a year more so in sunny times. 

Rob Knapman

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2014, 12:35:34 pm »
Right, back on track chaps, 10ppm is far too high for my liking, there is obviously a problem as tds is rising, so tank is having some milton liquid over night, will see how it goes 8)....
Knapman Cleaning services, washing glass since 1945

Spruce

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2014, 03:03:05 pm »

Get out my patch

;D

We've been here longer than you have! You stop leafleting in our patch or else.  ;D
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

H20cleaning

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2014, 03:09:08 pm »

Get out my patch

;D

We've been here longer than you have! You stop leafleting in our patch or else.  ;D

I keep picking up your old customers after you were seen sniffing bike seats👀

bentsbrook27

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2014, 08:30:00 pm »
Ron let us know how u get on with Milton somehow I have spilt a trigger of truck cleaner on top of tank and its got in tank I have had a frothy day it defo needs sorting

bentsbrook27

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2014, 08:30:32 pm »
Sorry rob

James Bulton

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2014, 09:13:12 pm »
Spruce what you have just said is so accurate..TDS has different chemical components, oxides in solution and suspensions.