panaracer

newbie wanting advice on upsetting other window cleaners
« on: August 29, 2012, 06:30:38 pm »
hi all,just wondering if any one can help me with some thing.
I am planning on setting up a small local window cleaning round,and wondering if I was to start canvassing my local area,will I upset the local window cleaners.Not to sure where I can and cant canvas,are there rules or is it all fair game. ???

George P

Re: newbie wanting advice on upsetting other window cleaners
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 07:32:33 pm »
you can canvass where you like, no one owns a patch anymore, just dont deliberatly charge less to get work, undercutting doesnt do anyone any favours in the long run,

panaracer

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 07:42:02 pm »
thanks,no would not do that.cheers :)

PoleKing

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 10:53:58 pm »
If I canvass where someone else is already, I say if you're happy with who you use now, stay with them.
If they're gonna bin who they use anyway-might as well hop on.
Beware of customers who want a price too quickly when their windows look clean-they'll be looking for a better price and will only keep you until someone else undercuts you. Not the sort of customer you want.

www.laneswindowcleaning.com
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

paultheg

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 08:13:29 pm »
the lads replies are right, i was in the same boat not so long back and had a mentor who told me exactly the same, keep your prices fixed and reasonable, anyone can canvass my round because i know theyll all go in the bin, it takes time but be fair and honest and it will pay off,,,i bought a round and a few punters owed last month as well, i called to collect and when the debt was mentioned i said forget about it and we will start from fresh you and me,,,the ammount of goodwill this creates is immense and in turn youll get loyalty from your punters,,

Steve Sed

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 05:34:56 pm »

Beware of customers who want a price too quickly when their windows look clean.
Be more wary of customers with minging windows who say their last windy just stopped coming around,  ;)

paulgran1234

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 10:05:39 am »
don not even worry about upsettting the other window cleaners !!!!! stuff them they are you competition, the won't worry about upsetting you !!!

after all does asda worry about upsetting tesco.

just set your price, canvass and make sure you are a better window cleaning service that the competition, and yes if given the option undercut the competition, make it your area.

and be warned the competiton will hate you anyway, so why worry !!!! just do what you have to to grow your round !!!!!   

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 12:12:56 am »
don not even worry about upsettting the other window cleaners !!!!! stuff them they are you competition, the won't worry about upsetting you !!!

after all does asda worry about upsetting tesco.

just set your price, canvass and make sure you are a better window cleaning service that the competition, and yes if given the option undercut the competition, make it your area.

and be warned the competiton will hate you anyway, so why worry !!!! just do what you have to to grow your round !!!!!   

I agree with this guy. I used to worry about making friends with, and upsetting other windies, until i realised they don't give a poop about upsetting me! I often get work nicked off me from newbies and undercutters.

Now-a- days ive come to the conclusion that i dont care if i upset anyone or not, stuff em. However i still don't price other  windies work cos there not the sort of custys i want anyway! But if the potential custy isn't happy with there windy give them a quote!

If you make friends with some other windies, bonues. If you don't then there's no loss. If you need to ask questions about the business etc. Thats what this forum is for!

forest

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 08:39:26 pm »
It's a shame but the truth is the lads are right. I branched off to domestic after many years of commercial and was surprised how other windies don't give two hoots about knicking your work so truth is if someone comes over and says I'm not happy with my windy then it's fair game. We're all trying to put food on the table and unless everyone plays by the same rules then its all fair in love n war.

Shame but there. Have it.

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 12:00:32 am »
When I started Domestic again,  I got my tyres sliced once and after that I was like 'I must upset somebody'  I soon found out it was the Two Young lads in my area who do 'Window Cleaning' and I use that term loosely.

I always think you will never upset True Window Cleaners as the Real Window Cleaners will have the loyal customer base but Get as much business as you can as you rather be Busy than DEAD!