jenx4

d I, Help and sound advice needed.
« on: July 03, 2012, 01:44:56 pm »
Hi,
Could you guys Help me with advice Please. I have a 200 ltr Static tank, and one 16ltr di unit, I have been told to get 2 Di units and double up. My tap water reading Is 66ppm after di its 000ppm, but how long would this last me cost wise, or would I be better off with an R/o system.  and any info on a rectus 26, I will be using a pure freedom 50ltr trolley system. Im totaly new to W/c so I shouldnt be using a lot of water, at 1st until I build up some sort of round. ::)

mikeyfaerosyth

Re: d I, Help and sound advice needed.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 05:02:17 pm »
You will be fine with 1 di.You dont need ro.
When doing first cleans you will use loads of water,what i do is use tap water from customers tap if i can,or bypass di in van and use tap water from my tank,then give the frames a really good clean and plenty of rinsing,they will come up really good,then i do a few houses nearby and come back an hour or two later when there about dry and give them a very quick clean from the top of glass down with pure water.If you use just pure on first cleans you will go through LOADS of resin.My tap water is about 53/54 and i use twin di in van to save on resin,when you get more customers you can add another di,11 litre will do.Dougie Daqua sells good vesells and the best resin(tulsion mb115).

I bought 6 rectus 21 couplings from Gardeners over two years ago and still have 4 left,never seem to get leaks.

mikeyfaerosyth

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 05:19:22 pm »
And also you shouldnt need static tank,just your tap to di to 25 litre barrels,any carwash will give you them for nowt.I fill my tank with tap water from customers tap then it goes through di,and you can keep working while its filling.

PoleKing

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 10:45:03 pm »
66@200l-youll be fine for ages!

RO will work out cheaper over time but in a 12 month period i'd say youre cheaper staying just DI

www.laneswindowcleaning.com
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 11:21:48 pm »
if u think your gonna be in this game for the long haul pick up a cheap ro off eBay, usually lots of bargains when the weathers bad, it will save u money in the long run.

Graham

johnny bravo

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 09:31:44 am »
you can always get a 18 / 22 litre wcw backpack just to use  with tap water only,  in case you come up against any one off really dirty windows and frames,   then rinse with your pure water,    if you have  a roof rack stick a pair of ladders on if needed ,    for those hard crisps bird s..t,    or worse still    splattered dried on eggs that have been there for months,     happy times.

simonr

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 09:45:24 pm »
my tap water is 36ppm  & i use two 11ltr di -  i use 1 untill it rises to about 10 ppm then i put this next to my tap (resin a )& new resin ( resin b ) next to the tank ,  i keep checking resin a until it reaches the same as the tap ppm, i then throw it & just use resin b until it gets to 10 pp & repeat.  i use about 150 - 270 ltrs a day & only buy resin about 2/3 times a year.  i dont think you need an ro & a 16 ltr cannister will last ages. my first bag of resin lasted 4 yrs but i was mostly trad.

thomas c

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 07:39:51 am »
hi i use di ,my water is 40 ,could any one tell me if i run water through di vessel fast or slow its the same 0000,but does it use more resin going through the vessel fast than slow ,thanks

Mike #1

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 06:13:00 am »
The faster you run the water through your DI the quicker the resin will be spent ,  I use an 11ltr Di vessel and it takes 5-6 hrs to fill my 300 ltr static tank .

Secondly dont listen to Mikeyfaerosyth their is no sense what so ever in using customers tap to do first cleans then going back an hour later to clean with pure water  ??? ??? . Mike

If you have not yet bought your trolley system yet DONT  better off buying a pumpbox and a tank to put in back of your van . Along with 100 metres of microbore

I used a 25ltr trolley for over 3 yrs and their is no way i would use a 50 ltr trolley way to heavy to be moving and lifting you will end up injuring yourself.

Van mount tank is cheaper anyway and 200 ltrs is no where near enough for a full days work . Mike