paul marshall

bad weather
« on: April 04, 2012, 10:08:24 am »
used to be a gardner but wasnt gettin enogh work in winter so decided to go wfp as this is a all year round service ,been at it 6 weeks now an it has bin a dream ,an the weather has bin lovely ,HOWEVER today i was freezing especially my hands ,an it got me thinking ,is this really a all year buissnes or just like the gardening will i be scraping arond for work in the winter months ,i just cant imagine cleaning windows in the cold ,wind an rain ,i know i will have to cos i spent a lot of money ,but i just feel like i got a reality check today ,an acording to the van clock it is 2,5 degrees which is hardley arctic conditions ha ha looks like i have to man up a bit ,this is the first negative thought i have had in 6 weeks ,i mean will my regulars let me clean on a wet windy november day ,
the more flyers i post , the luckier i seem to get ...

Re: bad weather
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 09:37:54 pm »
What was the question?

PoleKing

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 10:50:27 pm »
It'll depend on your customers-you get to know the ones you can clean in the rain.
Get a hot box! We worked 2 years ago at -11 yes its cold but the hot water running up the middle of the pole helps.
Don't wear gloves-you'll look like a girl thingy.

www.laneswindowcleaning.com
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

lst class cleaning

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 10:16:43 pm »
Hi mate ive been cleaning windows 25 years and i feel like calling it a day twice a week its been tough this year i treat it like a fight with the weather and never letting it win carry on regardless.

Jim up and atem

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 03:03:05 pm »
Hi,

Im unable to comment on cleaning windows the traditional or wfp methods in arctic conditions as I believe I clean windows in a fairly unique way by using a glass polish, wipe on and buff off.
If its raining I just dont go out and Ive learnt to accept it! Its the British weather and its not predictable but we live with it and Im sure that no one really wants to pay for a window cleaner to clean their windows in the rain!
I keep my customers happy and they have confidence in me doing a good job.

When Im working I love my job, bad weather does P you off abit but learn to accept it! It comes with the job.

lst class cleaning

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 08:17:27 pm »
Hi there if i was you id call it a day now if your girly hands are cold in April you dont stand a chance in Dec Jan Feb March also when rain is hammering down on your windowscreen and you have to get out, iv'e been doing it 25 years my only job im still young long term window cleaners are a special breed determined and tough your not.

regards

Jim