Tosh

Daft thing my missus said
« on: December 12, 2016, 03:07:00 pm »
If she reads this she’ll not be impressed ;)

Anyway, I was telling her about this gutter-vac I’ve just bought. She asked me how much it weighed. So I said about 35Kgs.

She said “35 Kgs? How you going to get that up the ladder?"
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smurf

Re: Daft thing my missus said
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 03:20:36 pm »
I know plenty that have tried so yer missus is not a daft as you think  ;D

lal

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 03:56:17 pm »

Anyway, I was telling her about this gutter-vac I’ve just bought. She asked me how much it weighed. So I said about 35Kgs.

35 Kgs, never mind getting it up the ladder, what about getting it out of the van, then back in the van when its full
  of crap you can't get rid of at the customers house  ;D

8weekly

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 04:01:17 pm »

35 Kgs, never mind getting it up the ladder, what about getting it out of the van, then back in the van when its full
We do - into their green bin.

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 04:20:09 pm »
Its good compost, we chuck it on the garden.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Tosh

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 04:20:42 pm »
Not the customers. Their neighbours.

Over the fence.

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 04:21:38 pm »

35Kgs is an okay amount of anything to lift.

a900

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 04:32:40 pm »
What vac you got?

Done a day of gutters today and it's been 3 parts silty water to 1 part compost mess. Couldn't bring myself to slop in into the customers bins or wait around for it to drain out. So we took it home 🙈

the king

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 09:18:39 pm »
this ant your vac it it lol  ;D ;D ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtIYiGiYn4Q

chris turner

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 09:29:59 pm »
So how are you going to get it up the ladder ???

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 10:12:02 pm »
Done a day of gutters today and it's been 3 parts silty water to 1 part compost mess. Couldn't bring myself to slop in into the customers bins or wait around for it to drain out. So we took it home 🙈

Today I dumped approx 150 m worth of gutter sludge from the guttervac drum into the bushes as no way was I going to take that lot away lol  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 10:18:55 pm »
It cant be worse than when she said  "i do" 

;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 10:28:57 pm »
I remember one job that we had to take a gutter vac up a fire escape to get to the back of a building flat roof to be able to reach the gutters. All I will say was easy getting it up but a real basturad getting it back down full of crap  ;D

a900

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 10:57:03 pm »

Today I dumped approx 150 m worth of gutter sludge from the guttervac drum into the bushes as no way was I going to take that lot away lol  ;D

When I say took home. I mean I took it to my parents house on the way home. Dropped it in there garden bin 😂

Had my little gutter vac up the ladder a few times to get to gutters over flat roofs. (Only have 5metres of vac hose) Glad it don't weigh 35kg.

steve rix

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2016, 12:28:09 am »

It's a split arse, what do you expect??

Smurf

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 11:06:46 am »
This morning the wife was struggling to figure out why no eye drop stuff she puts on he contact lenses where coming out of the plunger type bottle. She was getting quite angry with me too until I just took the lid off the nozzle. Bless her  ;D ;D

robbo333

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2016, 01:54:33 pm »
Mine has gently been hinting about engagement rings.  How daft is that? Anyway I'm spending it on a pressure washer instead.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Tosh

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2016, 02:11:54 pm »
It's the least you can do.

Will you wrap it or just give it to her when it arrives?

Smurf

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2016, 02:21:06 pm »
Mine has gently been hinting about engagement rings.  How daft is that? Anyway I'm spending it on a pressure washer instead.

I'm thinking you are going to be in the dog house for a very long time when she finds out. ;D ;D