Tosh

GrippaVac
« on: December 07, 2016, 11:42:38 am »
Anyone got one and if so how does it perform?

TIA

Matt
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smurf

Re: GrippaVac
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 12:12:14 pm »
On some jobs using a guttervac no matter where you buy the kit from is dead easy and on others can be a right pain in the arse for various reasons. To be honest as I'm a tight arse I think grippavac kit is overpriced for what it is so put me off them.

I'm sure the likes of Lance from sunshine window cleaning will be happy to tell you what they are like as he bought 2 grippavac kits recently.

ascjim

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 03:50:13 pm »
Works and sucks great but it is designed poorly.

For example, there's no handle on the drum to lift it in / out of the van. Wheels keep braking (we keep them off now) and the top handle part is only attached by two pieces of plastic and these also brake.

We do have the big one, so maybe a smaller one will be easier to manage.

8weekly

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 03:59:09 pm »
I have this one if you want to pop to Ball Hill have a look Matt.

http://guttersuckerdirect.co.uk/gutter-sucker-pro-system

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 04:22:26 pm »
I think I probably will Steve, over Christmas perhaps?
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

8weekly

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 04:29:29 pm »
No problem. See you tomorrow anyway if you're going?

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 04:32:15 pm »
Now you too are at it  ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 04:37:16 pm »
They suck.

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 04:46:00 pm »
Or blow

Tosh

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 04:53:00 pm »

Town first?

8weekly

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 04:55:23 pm »

Town first?
If you've got time. I'll get to Costa for 7 or a little before.

the king

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 05:33:50 pm »
ive got the streem vac same numitic hover as grippa i think its ace plenty of suction  and lite  the wheels do seem a bit flimsy tho but mine hasent broke yet

Nick Day

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 05:41:16 pm »
A bit of advice, we clean lots of gutters and can assure you that if you go for a system that has a silicon rubber bend at the top, you will need ladders. You cannot rely on suction only to remove weeds.

8weekly

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 05:46:04 pm »
A bit of advice, we clean lots of gutters and can assure you that if you go for a system that has a silicon rubber bend at the top, you will need ladders. You cannot rely on suction only to remove weeds.
I think that is a very fair comment.

Tom-01

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 07:35:56 pm »
We've got this one, which was originally bought from Skyvac (Spinaclean) 3 years ago - just having the motors replaced, its cleaned a lot of guttering!

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/nilfisk-alto-attix-961-01-single-phase-wet-d/

I have had no trouble with wheels falling off, lifting it, anything breaking at all on it.

And last week got this one:

http://skyvac.com/2015/skyvac-85-industrial-gutter-cleaning-machine.php

Brilliant machine and we're noticeably quicker on jobs with this one. Also as a company to deal with they're excellent, very helpful.

Tosh

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 09:18:36 pm »

Town first?
If you've got time. I'll get to Costa for 7 or a little before.

See you there.

ascjim

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2016, 02:01:10 pm »

Silly design!

concept

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2016, 07:55:21 pm »
Been using GrippaVac for a number of years now, and they are a great tool for regular work, but a fantastic tool for high level or awkward work.

We have used ours over 40ft regularly, and combined with the various nozzles/tools they have, and a camera, it works very well.

Recently upgraded to the clamped poles, and found them an improvement over the older style, you don't get the tools or sections spinning or slipping, enabling an element of force to be used when required.

The agitator tool is a great addition, with the bonus of allowing you to flush through to ensure everything is operating as it should.

sunshine windows

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2016, 08:09:05 pm »
We've got 2 between us. They're ok, but to be honest could do with some more attachments for tighter gutter/tiles.

As has been said, the design for emptying isn't great, as you cannot remove the drum itself . You need to pivot the whole machine on the handle to empty.

Suction wise, it does fairly well. Only been a couple of times it's not been powerful enough to remove large clumps of grass etc.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Nick Day

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2016, 08:43:26 pm »
I read all sorts of things about gutter cleaning, but I cannot imaging going gutter cleaning without a rigid head that takes a tool for removing weeds or a downpipe screw to check and clear swannecks beggars belief. I read numbers for suction that are  in  ga ga land, and mean nothing. We test vacs with our own meters and test jigs, and the manufactures numbers are nonsense. As soon as you read mm/H2O smell a rat, a big one!! We supplied a vac that was 85" water lift, another supplier claimed a mm/h2o that translated to 94" water lift for the same vac... not in our lifetimes!! The main thing is that the vacuum has been configured for gutter cleaning and your head will have the tools to do the job. Do not rely on vacuum power. Lots of suppliers really should supply a ladder with their kits.