Smurf

Re: Hot water
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2016, 11:31:04 am »
I've not tried the L10 yet but find a Fastar 8L works well for me.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless-8L-Gas-LPG-Propane-Tankless-Instant-Hot-Water-Heaters-Boilers-2800Pa-/221816162851?hash=item33a5460a23

The fastar 8L at 16kw is more than adequate for my needs. Basically the larger the heater you get the more flow is required to fire it up.  However I found with that one is just right for on demand wfp work without having to run a bypass back to the tank.

With all these types of portable gas water heaters it's worth metioning to make sure you drain them down if not in use as frost/sub zero temps will knacker them.  That's if you don't have some sort of adequate frost protection in the back of the van.

NWH

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2016, 03:35:42 pm »
You don't need to bother worrying about frost with them you can now use heatwave controllers on them they've added a frost feature for gas heaters now you just need to set the flow about 10 on the controller

Smurf

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2016, 05:22:46 pm »
You don't need to bother worrying about frost with them you can now use heatwave controllers on them they've added a frost feature for gas heaters now you just need to set the flow about 10 on the controller

I know I've seen them but it's just as easy for me just to drain and take the heater indoors if need be.

NWH

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2016, 07:40:26 pm »
Why bother just leave  it connected going into the tank frost stat on forget about it £200

Smurf

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2016, 10:34:41 pm »
Might be that I don't trust a frost protection function and I don't particularly like the thought of a gas water heater running at night while I'm sound asleep. What if it don't cut in for some strange reason like you forget to set it, the pump battery fails, ignition batteries fails, run out of gas etc etc.

To be honest it only takes seconds to drain my gas water heater so convince me would should I bother spending 200 squid on another controller with a frost function that may or may not work?