Tosh

Here's a bit of glass we started brushing today.
« on: August 25, 2016, 06:38:13 pm »
This is about 1/4  of the outsides which were doing. There's also a wedge of work inside, which isn't actually the outside Windows but balustrades and all high level Windows which the regular cleaners can't access.

*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Thr-windowcleaning

Re: Here's a bit of glass we started brushing today.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 07:21:17 pm »
Nice.   8)

How do you price up a job like that?!

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 07:37:55 pm »
I needed to have a good look round when I initially viewed the place and be exactly sure I knew what they wanted, as it wasn't quite as straight forward as all the glass outside and no insides. I then needed to sit down and look through what pictures I'd taken and come to a decision on how long I hoped the job would take and how much we wanted per day. In this case I allowed for a hotel for the duration and also a nice sum for extra tools etc.

I was lucky that the contracts manager wasnt too restricted by budget, the previous cleaning company how jumped ship as they weren't able to take it on again for one reason or another. We also had to be IOSH qualified, and jump through a number of other hoops (proof of how the potential for fraud occuring was dealt with) after the quote was accepted but before any purchase order was processed.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

ChumBucket

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 09:14:35 pm »
It intrigues me just what kind of mind altering substances some architects must be on at times!! ;D

Anyhow, how long, 30 mins one man?

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 09:20:56 pm »
I look at that and think - I can't be arsed, That's defo a job for you pro's . Think il stick to my £10 bungalows  8)

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 09:25:14 pm »
I look at that and think - I can't be arsed, That's defo a job for you pro's . Think il stick to my £10 bungalows  8)

That is probably what the last firm thought too... sod that again  ;D

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 09:50:00 pm »

This job has paid my second instalment tax bill for this year all of it for next year plus a fortnight in Egypt for two.

ChumBucket

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 10:17:12 pm »

This job has paid my second instalment tax bill for this year all of it for next year plus a fortnight in Egypt for two.

Not paid yours, your brothers, sisters, Mums, cousins and all second cousins mortgages off too? :o You've gone in waaayyy too cheap mate!! Have a word with that 8 Weekly bloke. ;)

Tosh

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 10:35:17 pm »
No I won't be paying anyone's mortgage off, I'm actually buying a dozen brand new vans to fill with leaflets. I'm going to start leafleting mainland UK, taking on a shed load of franchisee's and building a solar panel farm where solar panels are reared from pedigree solar panel breeding stock.  Solar Steve will want to amalgamate his empire with mine by offering me his daughters hand (although she hasn't been conceived yet) in marriage to my eldest son, dreaming that we'll be able to take on Perry Tait in the world of crappy, over engineered water fed poles.

8weekly

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 06:35:30 am »

Not paid yours, your brothers, sisters, Mums, cousins and all second cousins mortgages off too? :o You've gone in waaayyy too cheap mate!! Have a word with that 8 Weekly bloke. ;)
You haven't a clue. I messaged Mr Bladder earlier to say I would be out of my depth on that job. He reckons he'll be finished today so I'd have only charged £700. Mind, I expect that would have paid yours and SeanK's tax bills.  :D

CF Facilities

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 06:45:25 am »
Who is the bloke in the middle picture is that you cleaning this trad?

SeanK

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 06:48:03 am »

You haven't a clue. I messaged Mr Bladder earlier to say I would be out of my depth on that job. He reckons he'll be finished today so I'd have only charged £700. Mind, I expect that would have paid yours and SeanK's tax bills.  :D

Should be £700+ vat, keep making mistakes like that and your mum might see through your pretence. lol.

ChumBucket

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 12:48:36 pm »

edit-

After a lengthy executive meeting with Mum which took place in my bedroom, she decided it was out of my depth!! Apart from that she would miss me also. ;D

Smurf

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 01:12:04 pm »
Both of my parents are brown bread a long time now so it's lovely you can still talk with your mum.
Time is way too short so always make the effort I say as they will not be around forever.

Dave Willis

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 02:49:17 pm »
I do a whole cul de sac of them!

8weekly

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 06:24:04 pm »

Should be £700+ vat, keep making mistakes like that and your mum might see through your pretence. lol.
If it makes you feel better about your own business to think I'm a liar then ok, I'm a liar. Like you I earn a pittance, my costs are 50p a year. Oh and I'm afraid to clean windows in the rain. Just like you.

SeanK

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 07:05:21 pm »

If it makes you feel better about your own business to think I'm a liar then ok, I'm a liar. Like you I earn a pittance, my costs are 50p a year. Oh and I'm afraid to clean windows in the rain. Just like you.

Calm down, 8 weekly's mum if your on here I think that son of yours is full of wind and needs burped. lol.

Tosh

Re: Here's a bit of glass we started brushing today. New
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 07:07:11 pm »
Vincent you (MODDED - rather late as I have been away and no one else picked up the report for swearing  ;D,) this isn't bragging, this is downgrading to 'Job n finish'.

Anyway thanks for the heads up on that bum steer you tried to give me regarding Oliver at Grippatank, my system I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear (not) continues to perform remarkably after three + years of continual use, despite your opinion.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2016, 07:41:11 pm »
I look at that and think - I can't be arsed, That's defo a job for you pro's .
think they then made a mistake  ;D

Tosh

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2016, 07:45:23 pm »
 ;D ;D