Tosh

2' brush head
« on: August 03, 2016, 01:31:49 pm »
Its like having a great big furry yeti strapped to the end of your pole.

*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Shrek

Re: 2' brush head
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 02:15:00 pm »
That's awesome , could have a whole house done in 5 minutes flat with that brush

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 05:26:18 pm »
It needs at least 4 nozzles though. Preferably fans IMO.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

slap bash

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 06:56:42 pm »
It must be great clean toilet window once down and move on. It`s a brute.  Are you still using the Vyair10lit a minute pump, Matt? I have burned out a few they overheat and the live wire coming from the controller melts the brushes in the motor. They need to be switched off from the battery  power. I added a second fuse just before the pump.  These Vyiar pumps don`t like been left on, using the pressure switch on a pump for too long when using a tap etc......so  not use the switch on the pump for too long.

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 08:42:43 pm »
Ive got two Vyair pumps. One is a 10 litre the other 7 litre. Its funny tonight I was out there pouncing about, so I thought I'd check the pumps flow rate; the 7 litre pump was pushing out 6 litres a minute whilst the 10 litre was only pushing out 4 litres.

Maybe the 10 litre is on its way out. I wouldn't use anything less, now though than a 10 litre.

My brush of choice nowadays is an 18" gardiners, but with that 2' job the issue is getting enough water out of the head to rinse as quickly as the brush is capable of cleaning. Ive bought a shedload of different nozzles in the last two days, including pencils, 1mm, 2mm and 3mm, so will be checking it out with four nozzles, but I do think that fans are a necessity with a brush that wide.

It does have its limitations though, I wouldn't want to use it for daily, regular work. It'll be great on this school job we've got coming up in two weeks in London, theres literally acres of glass on it, so knocking that out with this thing will be a pleasure. My missus is coming up with the sole intention of her rinsing the glass behind me as I scrub.

There are 4 of these blocks, front and back

duncan h

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 09:11:42 pm »
Why do you like your 10ltr pump better than the 7ltr if it is pumping out less :)
I would use a larger brush but lost quite a few customers due to doing it too quickly. Told them, as long as they are clean it shouldnt matter

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 11:42:52 am »
I didn't know it was pumping out less until I tried it yesterday. I'm using the 7lpm today.