Tosh

18" brush for domestics.
« on: May 21, 2016, 06:52:06 pm »
I've been using a Gardiners 18" brush for some of my regular domestics this week.

Surprised no-one has spoken about this before. It 'eats' standard windows, and patio doors particularly, in a matter of seconds. It's quite comical.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

rosskesava

Re: 18" brush for domestics.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 10:57:01 pm »
Good idea.

That's worth a try.

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 08:24:46 am »
I've been using a Gardiners 18" brush for some of my regular domestics this week.

Surprised no-one has spoken about this before. It 'eats' standard windows, and patio doors particularly, in a matter of seconds. It's quite comical.

Trouble is that my eyes don't see that wide.

One of the local lads has a wide brush but the only one I've seen him use is a Supreme brush.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

8weekly

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 09:52:55 am »
I placed an order on Friday for some stuff from Gardiners. Wish I'd ordered one.

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 10:45:44 am »
I bought them for this job in Hackney because of the amount of large paned glass I. initially figured 4 full days for two of us but hope these'll knock a day off that. The amount of glass we cover now will be dependant on water production not scrubbing efficiency. It'll be an interesting experience to see how it all pans out.

I'll probably upgrade one of the pumps to a 10 litre jobbie and 8mm hose.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Rob clarke

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 11:03:10 am »
Been using a wide brush with 4 jets for years, less work on arms and when I get a small window where it doesn't fit I just angle the brush, I got mig welding tips from machine mart which fit perfectly for the jets :)

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 11:23:50 am »
I bought them for this job in Hackney because of the amount of large paned glass I. initially figured 4 full days for two of us but hope these'll knock a day off that. The amount of glass we cover now will be dependant on water production not scrubbing efficiency. It'll be an interesting experience to see how it all pans out.

I'll probably upgrade one of the pumps to a 10 litre jobbie and 8mm hose.

Out of interest, where's the job you'll be doing in Hackney?

If it's between next Sat and the following Wed, I might come and harass you and tell you what a cr*p job you're doing.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Tosh

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 11:38:25 am »
City Academy.

rosskesava

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 11:42:57 am »
Bloody heck.....  :o

Tosh

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 11:43:44 am »
I know lol  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 04:19:21 pm »
Been using a wide brush with 4 jets for years, less work on arms and when I get a small window where it doesn't fit I just angle the brush, I got mig welding tips from machine mart which fit perfectly for the jets :)

Interesting post Rob...Are these the ones you use for pencil jets?
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/hobby-mig-tip-1-0mm-pk5/

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 04:24:44 pm »
Looks good Matt - lots of piccy's pls

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Rob clarke

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 09:31:11 pm »

Yes there the ones, using 1mm jets gives better Force on the window as with 2mm I don't feel its enough, I use my pump on half thus saving water too which equals longer working :)

Rob clarke

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2016, 09:33:42 pm »

Yes there the ones, using 1mm jets gives better Force on the window as with 2mm I don't feel its enough, I use my pump on half thus saving water too which equals longer working :)

I used to use fan jets years ago but using 4 X 1mm jets is far better for rinsing in my opinion

Smurf

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2016, 09:37:13 pm »

I used to use fan jets years ago but using 4 X 1mm jets is far better for rinsing in my opinion

Nice one...are they easy to fit?

Tosh

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 10:17:07 pm »
Looks good Matt - lots of piccy's pls

Darran

Sure thing ;)

Rob clarke

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 11:20:53 pm »

Nice one...are they easy to fit?

Yeh doesn't take much tbh

Dave Willis

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 07:00:45 am »
Strange, some guys reckon fitting 3mm jets gives more rinsing yet you're the opposite.

I'll have to experiment one day. Up 'till now I would have thought bigger jets were the way to go.  ???

Rob clarke

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 07:58:33 am »
Strange, some guys reckon fitting 3mm jets gives more rinsing yet you're the opposite.

I'll have to experiment one day. Up 'till now I would have thought bigger jets were the way to go.  ???

When I first started with pole 10 years ago I was using 4mm jets I think and I hated it and switched to fan jets then Gardiner's made the wide brush and I switched to them, don't think I'll ever change again, everyone has there own preference I guess lol

johnny bravo

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 12:30:52 pm »
what are the size of the jets they use on gardiners brushes as general set-up,
never thought of machine mart.
are they the same size thread.