Tosh

Conservatory job.
« on: April 22, 2016, 02:53:55 pm »
What disgusting state to let your place get in to.

*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Re: Conservatory job.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 03:27:57 pm »
Good job, those first pics make me feel sick 😱

ascjim

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 05:17:22 pm »
That is savage. Good job mate

8weekly

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 06:45:22 pm »
Just for fun, what did you charge?   ;D

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 07:28:26 pm »
I find a steamer with pure water in it works rather well on those sort of internal conny jobs.
Point & wipe...job done  ;D

Tosh

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 10:25:02 pm »

Same as the other one actually, surprisingly. I had a call a couple of weeks back and got her to send me some pics over so hadn't really seen it in all it's 'glory'. It was on Fleet. Needless to say I was glad I gave her the price I did, and she seemed fine with it. Took 4 1/2 hours.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 08:39:28 am »
what did you use to clean insides?step ladder and mop/squeegee and loads of cloths?any special cleaning chemicals?

that to me is a nightmare job and i avoid  them even at a good price.i cant be bothered with them.
price higher/work harder!

8weekly

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 08:45:15 am »

Same as the other one actually, surprisingly. I had a call a couple of weeks back and got her to send me some pics over so hadn't really seen it in all it's 'glory'. It was on Fleet. Needless to say I was glad I gave her the price I did, and she seemed fine with it. Took 4 1/2 hours.
Oh I wouldn't have the patience for that.

Tosh

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2016, 10:06:04 am »
what did you use to clean insides?step ladder and mop/squeegee and loads of cloths?any special cleaning chemicals?

that to me is a nightmare job and i avoid  them even at a good price.i cant be bothered with them.

Fairy liquid, lots of changed water, towels, Hoover, step-ladder, mop, squeegee. I don't like the filth beforehand, it's just unnecessary, lazy and unhygienic. However after 4.5 hours I'm happy when they hand over £300 in twenty pound notes. Jobs like that are satisfying, I enjoy them in that sense and take my time and am thorough.

Outside was WFP with Virosol.

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 01:49:45 pm »
Nice one ...You defo need to charge well for sure on jobs like that to make it worth the hassle.

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2016, 05:37:21 pm »
Speaking of which I just popped out to do a quote to clear the guttering, clean all the plastics on the house then clean the exterior of this minging conservatory roof. Pic’s don’t do really do it justice how bad it was.

Needles to say I put in a silly high price as did not want the job.  Sods law I will still get it anyway but got my fingers crossed I don't.

Smurf

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2016, 05:39:02 pm »
The front did not look much better and all the guttering was full too  ::)roll

It gets to a point when I feel like saying just replace the house plastics with new and get rid of that plastic conny roof and get a tiled conservatory roof system fitted instead

Tosh

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2016, 06:13:10 pm »
The front did not look much better and all the guttering was full too  ::)roll

It gets to a point when I feel like saying just replace the house plastics with new and get rid of that plastic conny roof and get a tiled conservatory roof system fitted instead

Thats easy 5K ;)

Smurf

Re: Conservatory job. New
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2016, 06:23:26 pm »
To replace with all new including the conny roof would be a wee bit more than that methinks.
Or my option would be 500 to try cleaning it the best I can and they can take it or leave it. I'm hoping they would leave it but you never know  ;D

Tosh

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2016, 06:31:50 pm »
No, 5K to clean.  ;D

Smurf

Re: Conservatory job. New
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2016, 06:40:28 pm »
No, 5K to clean.  ;D

Oh! Ok then...bit steep even at my pricing but you never know if you don't ask I suppose  ;D  ;D
For 500 I was just thinking of spraying and brushing in some algoclear then buggering off  and let mother nature do the rest :D