Tosh

Google adsense scam
« on: April 12, 2016, 12:04:05 am »
If you are running Google AdSense campaigns (or not for that matter) be aware that your bank account may be scammed.

I don't run an AdSense campaign which is why when i just sotted to 2 payments coming out of business account for £50 each I was surprised. It seems they're scams although they say they are Google payments.

They actually say the following "DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT TO AFS GOOGLE REF 369645348785905005, MANDATE NO 0036"

Ive spoken to the bank but need to speak to a different dept tomorrow though the guy on the phone spotted them before I explained which transactions I was concerned about.

So best to check your accounts guys to see whats going on. Theres plenty of info on the net about these scams Ive found since having a little snoop about.

Matt
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Dave Willis

Re: Google adsense scam
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 07:42:22 am »
I've got an odd one going on at the moment can't work it out.

Sealed padded envelope arrives from China marked 'gift' open it up and there's nothing in it.
Another one today from Malaysia - exactly the same totally empty they have my address on the front complete with my telephone number. Very strange. We've had the computer virus man several times and the usual phishing emails. If you use Statcounter on your website you'll find about ninety percent of views are from abroad and very few people are actually looking for a window cleaner.

Tosh

Re: Google adsense scam
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 09:13:04 am »
Ive just deleted all banking details on the website, called Santander, they're going to refund both transactions.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'