Evan

Water TDS
« on: August 29, 2021, 06:49:18 pm »
Hi guys, any help as to why I can’t ge my water to zero..it’s entering my di vessel at 15 and coming out after at 6 and recently changed the resin so it’s not old resin using Tulsion 115mb??

֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: Water TDS
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 07:14:27 pm »
I stopped using Tulsion about 3 years ago because it became so inconsistent! It used to be great to begin with and built a good reputation. However, for whatever reason it all went Pete Tong. Used Unger ever since which has been super consistent.
That's my experience but..... you may wish to check the internal riser tube rubber seal and any internal strainers.
Comfortably Numb!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 08:38:13 pm »
what size DI have you got

bet its a very small one ?

Evan

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 08:42:38 pm »
what size DI have you got

bet its a very small one ?

11 litre di vessel

james peters

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 09:44:01 am »
I stopped using Tulsion about 3 years ago because it became so inconsistent! It used to be great to begin with and built a good reputation. However, for whatever reason it all went Pete Tong. Used Unger ever since which has been super consistent.
That's my experience but..... you may wish to check the internal riser tube rubber seal and any internal strainers.

Interesting. I am DI only, and I have noticed that my resin doesnt last as long as it used to .

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 10:46:47 am »

Interesting. I am DI only, and I have noticed that my resin doesnt last as long as it used to .

Tap water TDS can alter on a daily basis so unless you check it regularly if it’s risen this could be why the  resin hasn’t lasted as long and nothing to do with the resin it’s self .

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 12:26:16 pm »

Tap water TDS can alter on a daily basis so unless you check it regularly if it’s risen this could be why the  resin hasn’t lasted as long and nothing to do with the resin it’s self .

This is true. In my case though, tds was the same and I changed both DI vessels and bought a new TDS meter. It was the resin.
Comfortably Numb!

Dry Clean

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2021, 01:13:49 pm »
You have a leak or disconnected riser tube which means some of your water isn't going all the way through the resin and mixing with the water that has,  before pushing the riser tube into the resin fill the vessel with water,  this makes it a lot easier to push the riser tube in straight, if its pushed in slightly off centre it can come loose or leak when you tighten the lid.

james peters

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2021, 06:57:16 pm »

sorry, I should have said . my tap tds used to be around the 70- 80 mark.
the past few months it has stayed around 50
thats why I believe the resin is of less quality

the king

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2021, 03:26:33 pm »
My tap tds jumped to 156 i was changing resin every 4 days nite mare now its back down to 83 realy strange how it jumped so high  ???

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2021, 07:26:49 pm »
My tap tds jumped to 156 i was changing resin every 4 days nite mare now its back down to 83 realy strange how it jumped so high  ???

my tap tds went up to 105  for a few weeks many moons ago but its been 024 for years now
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2021, 07:28:31 pm »

you must have a small di  if your changing it every 4 days!what size is it? ::)roll

my main one is a 25l vessel and change the resin approx every 5 months
price higher/work harder!

deeege

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2021, 07:40:28 pm »
My water went from 030ppm to 420ppm overnight and has been in the 400’s ever since. That was fun.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

the king

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2021, 07:51:56 am »
ive got to 11l di's  i go through 400l a day some days more thinking about going for a 4040 ro

you must have a small di  if your changing it every 4 days!what size is it? ::)roll

my main one is a 25l vessel and change the resin approx every 5 months