nat

Re: My business card for commercial use
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 09:01:04 am »
how are you seen more though? surely its still the same process of doing it yourself? i thought it was more for people you don't know how to optimise thier site? i tried it for a little while on an old site, but limited to a certain amount of clicks per day. wasn't successful for me, not nothing i couldn't of done myself anyways

As an example...

My keywords included: window cleaner farnham

So... Someone types into google: window cleaner in farnham

They then see my ad which said: Window Cleaning in Farnham, Surrey blah blah blah

My ad is exactly what they were looking for!

Andy

you can do that on your own anyways though, so why pay someone?

like you say it is a quick fix, its something that you can do yourself plus i find having yoursite on the right hand side of the search page isn't the first place i look, i always look at the main search results on the left hand side

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 09:02:42 am »
how are you seen more though? surely its still the same process of doing it yourself? i thought it was more for people you don't know how to optimise thier site? i tried it for a little while on an old site, but limited to a certain amount of clicks per day. wasn't successful for me, not nothing i couldn't of done myself anyways

As an example...

My keywords included: window cleaner farnham

So... Someone types into google: window cleaner in farnham

They then see my ad which said: Window Cleaning in Farnham, Surrey blah blah blah

My ad is exactly what they were looking for!

Andy

you can do that on your own anyways though, so why pay someone?

like you say it is a quick fix, its something that you can do yourself plus i find having yoursite on the right hand side of the search page isn't the first place i look, i always look at the main search results on the left hand side
Me too, I just look at the real results pages myself, It does work, but I choose not to click on the paid listings

nat

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 09:04:18 am »
its the same with yell.com i have a mian listing in my area. i get some phonecalls and emails from that but other areas where i'm listed small on the right hand side i've never had one customer or contact yet

supernova77

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 09:05:54 am »
Each to there own I suppose :)

It's worked well for me before, so I'll try it again next year.

Andy

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2007, 09:08:38 am »
Each to there own I suppose :)

It's worked well for me before, so I'll try it again next year.

Andy
Something will work for one and not for another, why I dont know but thats just the way it seems to be.

If it works for you it is well worth it, and the return you got is great for the outlay.  ;)

nat

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 09:08:44 am »
thats all good then Andy, really not knocking it. i might give it a go as well if i can have my site up on the left of the page as well as the right i believe they call that market domination  ;D

I wern't knocking you andy just asking why it couldn't be done by yourself or what it offers that you couldn't do yourself ;)

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 09:13:10 am »
thats all good then Andy, really not knocking it. i might give it a go as well if i can have my site up on the left of the page as well as the right i believe they call that market domination  ;D

I wern't knocking you andy just asking why it couldn't be done by yourself or what it offers that you couldn't do yourself ;)
Nat, I too will try it in the new year, as you say cant hurt being at the top on both side of the page  ;D
You will have to let me know what areas you are doing as I hate to lose when bidding on something  ;)

supernova77

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 09:14:16 am »
thats all good then Andy, really not knocking it. i might give it a go as well if i can have my site up on the left of the page as well as the right i believe they call that market domination  Grin

I wern't knocking you andy just asking why it couldn't be done by yourself or what it offers that you couldn't do yourself Wink

It's cool - I know you weren't knocking me :)

Do you have a website at the moment Nat? If so whats the link?

Andy

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2007, 09:16:15 am »
thats all good then Andy, really not knocking it. i might give it a go as well if i can have my site up on the left of the page as well as the right i believe they call that market domination  Grin

I wern't knocking you andy just asking why it couldn't be done by yourself or what it offers that you couldn't do yourself Wink

It's cool - I know you weren't knocking me :)

Do you have a website at the moment Nat? If so whats the link?

Andy
why you not asking for mine  :'(

supernova77

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2007, 09:18:38 am »
why you not asking for mine  Cry

WindowWashers.co.uk do you have a website? If so whats the link?

Andy

:D

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2007, 09:19:30 am »
why you not asking for mine  Cry

WindowWashers.co.uk do you have a website? If so whats the link?

Andy

:D
;D
http://www.windowwashers.co.uk  ;D

nat

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2007, 09:28:13 am »
not at the moment andy, in the middle of building one  ;)

i'll add a link when its finished :D

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2007, 11:29:54 am »
Get rid of the t : and e :

Will make it even slicker. Then IMO it would be perfect. :)

nat

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2007, 12:14:12 pm »

why would that make it slicker?

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2007, 12:42:37 pm »

In my opinion it stands out too much, ruining the overall look of the card. Kinda difficult to explain, just my opinion like I said.

rhys11

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2007, 12:54:47 pm »
Thanks for the comments guys.

Nat - Good idea about printing the services we offer on the back of the card - I think I'll do that! :)

With regards to Google etc... I do need to re-word my website with more specific keywords etc... As in the long run I will be higher in the standard search listings... However with Google adwords you can have people finding your site straight away - It's a quick fix.

where are you going to get the cards printed from andy?
You then use a list of keywords tagetting the services you offer and the locations you offer them in.

Andy
rhys

nat

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2007, 01:05:56 pm »

In my opinion it stands out too much, ruining the overall look of the card. Kinda difficult to explain, just my opinion like I said.
I can see where your coming from but i don't think it would look much different with or without the letters

Jago

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2007, 01:49:32 pm »
Card looks good Andy
Very Pro from a Pro kinda guy
To Do Is To Dare

rhys11

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2007, 01:51:32 pm »
Thanks for the comments guys.

Nat - Good idea about printing the services we offer on the back of the card - I think I'll do that! :)

With regards to Google etc... I do need to re-word my website with more specific keywords etc... As in the long run I will be higher in the standard search listings... However with Google adwords you can have people finding your site straight away - It's a quick fix.

You then use a list of keywords tagetting the services you offer and the locations you offer them in.

Andy

rhys

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2007, 02:02:08 pm »
Not sure about the Managing Director bit .

Just my opinion tho
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.