harleyman

Total lock down
« on: April 07, 2020, 05:28:08 pm »
Do you think it's apt for a total lock down for get about work this is a moral issue

deeege

Re: Total lock down
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 05:33:03 pm »
I’m happy to follow the governments guidelines which are science led and considerably more informed than I am on the subject.

Do you?

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

harleyman

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 05:37:54 pm »
Persoaly I think in genral we are to slow on the up take we need to be more pro active in  getting  the genral public to  ha dere to the rules  I e more draconian  measures

KS Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 05:44:38 pm »
Do you think it's apt for a total lock down for get about work this is a moral issue
If you’re not taking work into consideration,  then one better take this question to the relevant section before Nathan sees it🙈

harleyman

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 05:50:35 pm »
no disrepect I don't whant to turn this in to a ps taking  compatition

Bungle

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 05:55:58 pm »
Some of my neighbours need to learn the social distancing protocol first. One of them is fitting his van out. Yesterday there were 4 people crowded round the back of it from 3 different households  ::)roll

Personally I don’t think we’ll have a full lockdown. I could be wrong though  :D
We look at them, they look through them.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 06:02:38 pm »
Went to a job today she came out said hello and we knew to keep our distance so all was fine,next thing I knew I went round the back looked through the conservatory and I saw 3 builders standing side by side looking at the roof glass as there are a couple of panes that’s have a slight leak.
1 of them came out and walked up to me I said hang on a minute m8 we are supposed to be keeping our distance here,he laughed and said oh yeah. Do you mind if I borrow you small ladder on your van to measure this glass lol,I said I don’t think so m8,looked at me like I was mad 😂,still a lot of people out there carrying on as normal.

Missing Link

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 06:16:07 pm »

The pointy heads think the lock down is working.

Shutting down the whole economy would just bring more deaths in the future.  GDP and life expectancy are linked.

The choice is between saving granddad now, or giving your kids a lifetime of poverty and a shorter life.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

capn sparkle

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 06:34:46 pm »
Don't think we'll get a full lock down but I do think that the current measures will be in place till at least mid May without change.

Social distancing will probably have to continue - at least - until June / July but I do expect a relaxation of the more draconian measures shortly after that.

Jonny 87

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2020, 06:47:20 pm »

Seriously?  ::)roll

It’s time to get the dinner on, Your mrs will be home soon. Your better doing that than trying start arguments on here again.

;D

:-*

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

jonboywalton75

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2020, 06:50:01 pm »
Don't think we'll get a full lock down but I do think that the current measures will be in place till at least mid May without change.

Social distancing will probably have to continue - at least - until June / July but I do expect a relaxation of the more draconian measures shortly after that.

Footy back in June????

Bungle

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2020, 07:01:35 pm »
It’s officially ending mid June!

Jet2 resuming flights on 17th June. Err resuming to where exactly?

capn sparkle

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2020, 07:08:20 pm »

Yeah I read that! Turkmenistan 'cos they haven't got it - apparently   :o :o

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2020, 07:08:30 pm »

no i dont......this lockdown is pretty severe for the uk.....most people are sticking to the guidelines....i think on easter monday  the government will continue with it and review it again in another 3 weeks.....

im looking forward to 4 days off over the easter weekend as ive  been working as usual since the announcement.....my missus has been off the whole time as they had to shut down her shop 2 weeks ago.....the great thing is shes doing all the jobs around the house so i dont have to! :D :D

shes currently decorating the kitchen,last week she cleaned the garage out and all the garden and driveway.......every cloud and all that...... ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2020, 07:18:33 pm »
Nope i dont think its needed yet.

This thing will grow, peak, plateau then decline.

Italy and spain are showing signs that they have already peaked, if we follow suit we shouldnt be far behind, in fact new cases last couple of days have been stable.

Theres no need to shut down the economy altogether unless this totally gets out of hand, which it hasnt as of yet, in a week or two we should start to see the effects of the lockdown.

The Gov have done the maths on this, if and when further action is needed im sure they will call it.

Maybe those who have decided to stop work are hoping for a full lockdown to make them feel better. How gutted will you be if in a few weeks this starts to subside and you could have worked for two months  :)

KS Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2020, 07:28:59 pm »

There is more chance of pigs flying! Jet2 are only saying this so that all those people who have a summer holiday booked will have to pay the outstanding balance within the next month or so....or lose their deposit.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2020, 07:34:08 pm »
i dont think the government will even begin to think about lifting the restrictions (as they stand)for another few months yet......at least not until mid june IMO......

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2020, 07:35:31 pm »

There is more chance of pigs flying! Jet2 are only saying this so that all those people who have a summer holiday booked will have to pay the outstanding balance within the next month or so....or lose their deposit.

non essential air travel has been suspended worldwide INDEFINITELY........

Bungle

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2020, 07:49:52 pm »
Nope i dont think its needed yet.

This thing will grow, peak, plateau then decline.

Italy and spain are showing signs that they have already peaked, if we follow suit we shouldnt be far behind, in fact new cases last couple of days have been stable.

Theres no need to shut down the economy altogether unless this totally gets out of hand, which it hasnt as of yet, in a week or two we should start to see the effects of the lockdown.

The Gov have done the maths on this, if and when further action is needed im sure they will call it.

Maybe those who have decided to stop work are hoping for a full lockdown to make them feel better. How gutted will you be if in a few weeks this starts to subside and you could have worked for two months  :)

We’ll only lose 20% of any profit  :D. Get paid 80% to stay home? No brainer 👍

deeege

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2020, 07:59:59 pm »

no i dont......this lockdown is pretty severe for the uk.....most people are sticking to the guidelines....i think on easter monday  the government will continue with it and review it again in another 3 weeks.....

im looking forward to 4 days off over the easter weekend as ive  been working as usual since the announcement.....my missus has been off the whole time as they had to shut down her shop 2 weeks ago.....the great thing is shes doing all the jobs around the house so i dont have to! :D :D

shes currently decorating the kitchen,last week she cleaned the garage out and all the garden and driveway.......every cloud and all that...... ;D ;D

Will your mrs meet the criteria for the £10k business grant Daz? Think it needs to be a retail business and paying business rates. A lad I know got paid £10k into his bank today, he has a garage and so can also stay open.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."