SB Cleaning

Re: X3 Extreme
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 09:50:00 am »
SLX 25....univalve....X line mono brush(without rinsebar).

The ultimate wfp combination  ;D  ;)

Shrek

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 01:38:40 pm »
Think iv made my mind up , gonna go for an xtreme 22 for my everyday pole next month

robbo333

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2017, 11:42:17 pm »
I've just got the new extreme 22 and its good, better than my mark two version.  Also got the new xtreme natural hair brush, excellent combination. I started buying extremes due to dodgy elbows but since I have been using them the pain I used to get has all but dissapeared.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2017, 07:08:06 am »
were going  to have to replace 1 of  our guys extrme 22 every year due to him being very heavy handed but its worth it for pain less joints , you win northing in this life for have the oldest pole in use ,

we fine that for the first three mounhs of a new pole you will earn a bit more daily due to it having nice new  stop tape ect ect which when added up covers the price of it so it costs you northing in the end

he wished he went on the lighter gear three years ago what ever the cost , as when your in pain it easy to call it aday at 4 and miss out on 2-3 jobs because your joins just cant take anymore that day , and buy the end of the week your doing 7 jobs aday less because your arms are hurting and your working slow it adds up too a lot of loses £  when all added up 500 a year for a new pole is cheap

SB Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2017, 07:12:45 am »
For those moaning about aching arms.....Get in the gym ;D

Marc Stock

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 08:06:14 am »
I prefer the CLX poles. Last 3 years plus with constant use. Not heavy either, still light for what they are, and I have tried lighter poles but I find that if you really need to scrub the window, the light poles are harder to use  on those cases you just can't get the pressure on the window. With a heavier pole you can use the poles own weight to your advantage. But that's my opinion.

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2017, 09:03:14 am »
I prefer the CLX poles. Last 3 years plus with constant use. Not heavy either, still light for what they are, and I have tried lighter poles but I find that if you really need to scrub the window, the light poles are harder to use  on those cases you just can't get the pressure on the window. With a heavier pole you can use the poles own weight to your advantage. But that's my opinion.

sorry marc i have to disagree mate.ive  had clx,slx and xtreme poles and using  xtreme poles makes it EASIER TO SCRUB A DIRTY WINDOW AT HEIGHT due to increased rigidity.(more bend and its harder to scrub effectively)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2017, 09:05:12 am »

i go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week (mainly weight training) but still use xtreme poles as it makes your working day easier and less stress on the elbows. :)

Marc Stock

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2017, 09:10:36 am »

sorry marc i have to disagree mate.ive  had clx,slx and xtreme poles and using  xtreme poles makes it EASIER TO SCRUB A DIRTY WINDOW AT HEIGHT due to increased rigidity.(more bend and its harder to scrub effectively)

I get ya. I do.  8) I don't do lots of really high stuff anymore. Mostly domestic now, and a bit of commercial.

Now you want to know what a heavy pole is, try extending a brodex carbon 65 ft up the side of a building in London.  That was heavy even with two people, like holding a small tree.

dd

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 01:54:05 pm »
It is not a muscle issue but rsi - damage to ligaments and joints caused by repetitive use. Strengthening the muscles around the joints may help.

I damaged a rotator cuff cleaning solar panels over a year ago and doing a set of exercises prescribed by a Physiotherapist helped a lot.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2017, 03:03:36 pm »
It is not a muscle issue but rsi - damage to ligaments and joints caused by repetitive use. Strengthening the muscles around the joints may help.

I damaged a rotator cuff cleaning solar panels over a year ago and doing a set of exercises prescribed by a Physiotherapist helped a lot.
Same here dd, I also had problems with my rotator cuff, a few physio sessions backed up by an exercise routine got rid of it. Now I  alternate the way I hold the pole throughout the day to stop it recurring.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2017, 03:09:01 pm »
were going  to have to replace 1 of  our guys extrme 22 every year due to him being very heavy handed but its worth it for pain less joints , you win northing in this life for have the oldest pole in use ,

we fine that for the first three mounhs of a new pole you will earn a bit more daily due to it having nice new  stop tape ect ect which when added up covers the price of it so it costs you northing in the end

he wished he went on the lighter gear three years ago what ever the cost , as when your in pain it easy to call it aday at 4 and miss out on 2-3 jobs because your joins just cant take anymore that day , and buy the end of the week your doing 7 jobs aday less because your arms are hurting and your working slow it adds up too a lot of loses £  when all added up 500 a year for a new pole is cheap
Personally I've never found that the stop tape can speed you up ??? But if it does speed up your heavy handed guy why don't you just replace the stop tape every now and again like you are meant to do?

duncan h

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2017, 05:22:42 pm »
Golfer sand tennis elbow. Before the opp I couldn't wipe my bum...SERIOUS. So how would I lift weights :)
My gym days are over. Years of wear and tear plastering etc.

MY ADVICE TO YOU ALL is. Keep it as light as possible, no matter what the cost. Eat well and keep fit.

I now live on ibroprofen. Not good

Shrek

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2017, 05:27:23 pm »
A course of steroids a couple of times a year will build you up

AuRavelling79

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2017, 05:28:11 pm »
Well I used it today. It's like using a pencil.

Luvly.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2017, 08:14:52 am »
once you get used to the xtreme malc the slx will feel like a lead pole! ;D

its the lateral pressure at height thats bad for the joints esp for 5-6 hours a day so the xtreme minimises this. ;)

simonr

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2017, 02:51:42 pm »
when you talk about closing windows do you actually mean pushing them closed or bouncing the brush off the frame to close them

Martin Lane

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2017, 03:02:25 pm »
Our smallest pole is the SLX 30 use it most of the day unless using bigger poles

duncan h

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2017, 05:01:22 pm »
when you talk about closing windows do you actually mean pushing them closed or bouncing the brush off the frame to close them
Guessing bouncing the brush on the bottom frame

robbo333

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2017, 06:20:22 pm »
i'm 52 years old and been cleaning windows for 7 years. I had tennis elbow and golfers elbow (through working on computers for 20 years, and it's not funny). Since I have been using a lighter pole, (Xtreme 3, 22 foot) the pain in my elbows has become much less. I don't even notice it now. My friend is a carpet layer and his knees are knackered, another of my friends is a plasterer and his bones are not good (always working in a damp environment). You young guys love saying how you go to the gym and how strong and fit you are and that's great. If you spend all that time going to the gym and spending money, then spend a bit more and get the best equipment possible. Hopefully in the long term, you'll see the benefits BEFORE YOU GET OLD!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"