james stanley

Gardiners flocked ultimate
« on: May 18, 2016, 12:45:49 pm »
Quite simply now top of the tree , best brush ever by far imo

mufcglen

Re: Gardiners flocked ultimate
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 01:22:59 pm »
How it compared to the supreme flocked pal?

JSMC

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 04:52:15 pm »
Got a cracking bentley brush from b&m

drakestar!

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 05:30:29 pm »
After 6 weeks working with it I found that it held the dirt and you have to use shed loads of water to get an OK clean, just got my medium sill brush back on today.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 05:40:07 pm »
Been using this for some time and I have noticed that a lot of my frames are milky when using this brush.

It's obviously cleaning the frames and glass better.

It's THE best brush for leaded Windows.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 05:53:01 pm »
After 6 weeks working with it I found that it held the dirt and you have to use shed loads of water to get an OK clean, just got my medium sill brush back on today.

At the end of most days I remove the brush and give it a good rinsing in a bucket of pure water. If you use a light coloured bucket you will see just how much dirt this brush removes. I didn't  have to do this with my mono brushes. But I think it's worth it. The brush scrubs very well which was a surprise to me. Being softer to the touch I thought it would be less effective on bird poo and slug trails. I was very wrong!
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 05:53:29 pm »
I've been using one for a few weeks, not bad, bit slow on snail trails though. Makes my X-line mono feel quite scratchy.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 06:10:13 pm »
I've been using one for a few weeks, not bad, bit slow on snail trails though. Makes my X-line mono feel quite scratchy.

Try using  a circular motion on those snail trails Dave. See if that improves things. I can honestly say this brush outstrips every other brush I've tried on those pesky things. It's almost as good as using hot water on them. Mind you, the longer they've been on there the more difficult they are to remove.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

duncan h

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 06:59:24 pm »
I cant use flocked as I always rinse on the glass nowadays. Saves my elbows to no end

chris turner

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 07:31:47 pm »
Xline is still tops for me. The ultimate flocked is a good tool to have for leaded or delicate wood frames though.

Jonny 87

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 10:55:47 pm »
It's the best brush I've ever used too.

Flocked ultimate with hot water is the bees knees. I agree though you have to use a higher than normal flow rate. Well worth it.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 09:00:06 am »
It's the best brush I've ever used too.

Flocked ultimate with hot water is the bees knees. I agree though you have to use a higher than normal flow rate. Well worth it.

I'm using flatfan spraytips from www.spraytips ( http://www.spraytips.co.uk/1652/Threaded-Flat-Fan ) and am actually using less water than with 2mm pencils. Don't really know why it works for me but it does. As I'm on a meter it saves me a considerable amount. I've gone from 12 barrels a day on the job to 7 or 8. When you factor in a 2to1 waste to pure on production that's something like 12 - 15 barrels a day saved.

If you want to try them you will need these (1/8 bsp) to connect them: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121183198969?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=420175565454&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You will also need to drill 11.7mm holes in your brush to pushfit the nozzles into. I experimented with an old brush first as the holes need to be straight and that can be tricky without a drill press. I found it best to open them up bit by bit. (pun not intended)
Or you can start with a 10mm hole and open it up carefully with a file. Having all JG fittings is helpful.

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 11:59:19 am »
Back to Xline today. Gardiners brush is next to useless on snail trails. Which is a shame.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 12:13:52 pm »
You must have special snails down there  ::)roll

Jonny 87

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 12:29:38 pm »
Back to Xline today. Gardiners brush is next to useless on snail trails. Which is a shame.

Seriously must have super snails!

They are melting off for me. Not sure if it's the hot water making more of a difference than I first thought.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

SeanK

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 12:32:44 pm »

Snail trails need a circular motion to clean them properly with a brush, plus as the majority are on ground floor windows then if you do get a tough one a rub will a damp microfiber will sort it quickly, what I'm trying to say is they shouldn't be a reason to work all day with a heavy brush.
Not joking you wouldn't believe how many pole users are afraid to use any other tools but brushes, I watched a guy a while back scrubbing for dear life at bird poo on a ground floor window before he would pull out a scraper or even try his fingernail which would have removed it in seconds.

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 12:39:22 pm »
Gardiners scraper has made a massive difference for me , removes all sorts of crud in seconds

SeanK

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 12:45:31 pm »
Gardiners scraper has made a massive difference for me , removes all sorts of crud in seconds

Totally agree.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 02:09:01 pm »
I watched a guy a while back scrubbing for dear life at bird poo on a ground floor window before he would pull out a scraper or even try his fingernail which would have removed it in seconds

It was probably me. I found myself doing that the other day.

elite mike

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 06:05:53 pm »
Best brush I have used totally in love with it , don't have any problem with snail trails .