Klean07

Best detailing cloth for insides?
« on: February 04, 2016, 04:59:14 pm »
I know this has been asked many times before but just having used the search button which didn't bring much up I'll start a new thread!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

lal

Re: Best detailing cloth for insides?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 05:18:23 pm »
 Hi Klean07,  i use the little Waffle cloths that Tadgh O Shea sells, i find out of all the microfibre cloths
 I've used for detailing, the little waffle cloths are far superior and very absorbent.

Regards
 Lal

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 06:04:25 pm »
Defo agree with lal, contact tadgh , his little waffle cloths are excellent quality

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 07:50:58 pm »
Yes i would agree for insides little waffle weave glass cloths are excellent, as most guys would prefer to order their microfibers online one company for def in the UK who also promote them are the e cloth guys and probably others. Tadgh

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 09:24:26 pm »
Waffle cloth 👍👍

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

wfp master

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 09:26:13 pm »
its got to be the small waffle cloth. ;D

Klean07

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 04:47:08 pm »
Anyone got a link or phone number so as I can get some?
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Mike55

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 04:48:02 pm »
Still good old fashioned scrim for me ...... albeit I've not tried mf waffle cloths tbf

Mick Kent

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 05:35:54 pm »
Hats a waffle cloth?? Im int

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 06:36:50 pm »
Hi Klean07, i will be happy to send you  info and pricing on ours if you want to email info@jskcleaning.ie  regards Tadgh

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 07:54:33 pm »
Hi Klean07, these are also available in the UK through   www.e-cloth.com

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 08:11:35 pm »
Is this ur website tadgh?

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 08:16:58 pm »
Is this ur website tadgh?
Hi Shrek, no i wish it was just sharing a link for e-cloth in the UK who also carry little waffle weave glass cloths and others Tadgh

CleanClear

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 08:51:15 pm »
The little waffle cloths IMO are certainley no where near the best detailing cloth for insides, or outsides for that matter. They are a fine coarse cloth, great for polishing and cleaning. You'd couldn't even compare their absorbency to a regular microfibre.

The large waffle cloths are much softer and superior in this respect. As for detailing, the cleaning has been done. All that is required by a "detail" is to remove the excess liquid at the edge. I wouldn't agree a fine weave cleaning cloth like the little waffle cloth is the best for this.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Stephen burton

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 10:08:28 pm »
http://www.soapnational.co.uk/acatalog/unger-blue-micro.jpg
I use these and have tried so many cloths over the years but these are the best in my opinion
http://www.soapnational.co.uk/acatalog/MICROFIBRE-CLOTHS.html

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 10:36:50 pm »
http://www.soapnational.co.uk/acatalog/unger-blue-micro.jpg
I use these and have tried so many cloths over the years but these are the best in my opinion
http://www.soapnational.co.uk/acatalog/MICROFIBRE-CLOTHS.html
Hi Stephen, yes they were the original type microfiber glass cloths which have been available since the mid nineties and are still very popular with many people, to be honest we now only promote them as microfiber shining cloths for stainless steel as they are great to leave a smear free finish behind after it has been cleaned first with a proper stainless steel microfiber cloth.
The reason we promote little waffle weave microfiber is because they have been engineered specifically for cleaning glass without having to use any cleaners but just plain tap water. To be honest if you compare little waffle weave cloths to a standard blue microfiber glass cloth when it comes to cleaning performance there will always be only one winner.

Just to share if its of interest to any guys and changing the subject to cleaning stainless steel which is a huge problem in the cleaning industry as traditional type stainless steel cleaner/polish are derived from mineral oils which just end up leaving greasy/oily residues behind on stainless steel surfaces, for example any guys who clean glass balustrades will often come across this greasy/oily overspray from the stainless steel polish can be a nightmare when you are trying to clean the glass panels. we have developed a solution to this problem if its an area of interest to any guys send me an email to info@jskcleaning.ie and i will be happy to send on information under no obligation.  Tadgh

CleanClear

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 10:48:25 pm »
Tadgh, you never seem to promote the large waffle cloth which i thought was much better for detailing, and as a general window cleaning cloth ?

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 11:01:12 pm »
Tadgh, you never seem to promote the large waffle cloth which i thought was much better for detailing, and as a general window cleaning cloth ?
Hi CleanClear, we have two sizes and weights for little waffle weave glass cloths
Small size 38 cm x 45 cm x 340gsm
Large size 46 cm x 61 cm x 370gsm

And yes the larger size waffle cloths are our best seller.

I know guys will say ya and if you had a website we could maybe purchase some and put them to the test, we still have some issues to overcome which i can't get into but once they are sorted we will sort the shopping cart and i will be able to explain the reasons for the long delay in same.  Tadgh

Bill Troop

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2016, 11:04:52 pm »
The title little waffle cloths; does not mean the size of the cloths!
It indicates the size of the weave.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2016, 11:13:47 pm »
Hi Bill, Thank you yes i should of explained that one better, if you don't mind me asking Bill which ones are you more comfortable with the smaller or larger size. Cheers Tadgh

CleanClear

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2016, 11:35:39 pm »

Me being in possesion of both little waffle cloth and large waffle cloth  knows this fact Bill.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 12:21:20 am »

Me being in possesion of both little waffle cloth and large waffle cloth  knows this fact Bill.
  Okay i will take the rap for not explaining this properly, Yes Bill is right little waffle weave indicates the size of the weave on the cloth, first developed by Korean producers the huge amount of little waffle weaves on these cloths act like thousands of tiny little applicators and squeegees to produce a very effective cleaning performance on glass or mirror surfaces, and without having to use any sprays or chemicals.
One of the problems with using traditional type glass and mirror cleaners is that they are derived from isopropyl alcohol,ammonia,solvents,etc, and therefore can leave a greasy film behind on glass and mirror surfaces, the more  times these traditional type glass and mirror cleaners are used to clean glass and mirror surfaces the heavier these greasy/oily residues will build up on the glass and mirror surfaces.
This is really where little waffle weave glass cloths come into their own as they were developed specifically for cleaning glass and mirror surfaces without having to use any cleaning chemicals but with just using plain tap water. Its said that if a surface is deemed to be clean there should be no SSR's (Streaks,Smears,Residues,) left behind on the just cleaned surface.
One awkward surface to achieve a finish free of SSR's is glass and mirrors, but with the development of little waffle weave microfiber cloths there is an effective solution.
Just use one little waffle weave cloth lightly damp with water to clean the surface and then use a second little waffle weave cloth dry to polish off and achieve a finish free of SSR's. Tadgh

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 01:13:31 am »
Just to add while little waffle weave glass cloths are great for cleaning and maintaining glass surfaces especially on internals as we all know its not practical to clean outsides using cloths, if you come across internals where the customer has been using traditional type glass and mirror cleaners and there is a heavy build up of greasy/oily residues on the surface, the most effective solution we have come across is  to use a micro-cleaning/magic eraser pad dampened with water to deep clean and remove these greasy/oily residues first Then use a lightly damp little waffle weave cloth to wipe the surface and finally polish off with a dry little waffle cloth to achieve a perfect finish, of course you need to explain to your custy the reasons for the extra work you needed to carryout and charge accordingly.

Bill Troop

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2016, 03:07:27 pm »
Tadgh.
I favour the larger cloth for use with my indoor cleaning kit.
They cover the applicator better than the small cloths.
I use the small cloths, for detailing when using the squeegee.
Bill.

Tadgh O Shea

Re: Best detailing cloth for insides? New
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2016, 06:29:15 pm »
Tadgh.
I favour the larger cloth for use with my indoor cleaning kit.
They cover the applicator better than the small cloths.
I use the small cloths, for detailing when using the squeegee.
Bill.
Cheers Bill, yes most of our clients find the larger size cloth to be a good all rounder and especially when they are using them for internals. Tadgh