Smudger

Re: A great start up.
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2014, 06:23:11 am »
I agree with Sean.

That a just bad practice.  With a van mount and reel (100meters of hose) you should have no issues at all with parking and reaching a job.

Backpacks are handy for those odd jobs with no rear access and you need to go through the house but this is very rare

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2014, 07:20:02 pm »
The pros and cons of starting up myself, buying a round or buying a franchise have kept me awake at night! I realise how tough it is to start up yourself and how soul destroying canvassing and winter time can be through what I've read and heard, although a franchise seems like a great start and earning immediately, I fear that giving between 23% - 40% a month back each month would become grating after a period of time? I wonder how many on this forum went down the franchise route and have never once regretted it?

I don't know who's quoted you these sort of Royalty charges, ours is a flat 20% of the value of work you've achieved, payable weekly 4 weeks in arrears.

You're right to be sceptical - one of the questions we ask people enquiring about a franchise is: "Why do you want to buy a franchise with us when you can set up on your own like thousands of others have?"

If you feel you have the drive and stamina to go it alone, then franchising is definitely not for you.

Best of luck.

Ian

Blackadder

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2014, 09:23:34 pm »
Thanks Ian, and thanks all for the invaluable info.

Paul T

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2014, 09:30:22 pm »
Email me Mark might be able to help u .
Not promising anything . Very busy at moment but I'll see what I can do
pnthynne@btinternet.com