PoleKing

Pressure Washers
« on: May 04, 2014, 08:48:19 am »
Posting here as I don't want a proper mackdaddy PW for thousands of pounds that the floor cleaning boys will undoubtedly tell me to buy.

I'm looking for a PW that will run a whirlaway (3600PSI 13+LPM) but only wanna spend £500ish.
I've found (eBay) Neilsen and Loncin ones for around that money but I'm not sure whether to buy a 2nd hand Honda (or something equally reputable).

I've had a £150odd 7LPM eBay Chinese one for a few years and it's been fine but I want something to run the whirlaway.

Anyone do PWing as well as windows?
I will do the odd driveway (mine first) and start washing the car & van again at home.

What would everyone recommend?
The 2nd hand one Honda or brand new Chinese one?
If the 2nd hand one, anyone got one for sale?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

KLEENAWAY

Re: Pressure Washers
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 09:12:54 am »
I will have one for sale soon mate but i would want more like £650 for it. Its a diesel Yanmar l100 (10hp) with a Interpump ws201 (15lpm at 3000psi). Its at the service place now having everything gone over and changing filters and oils and having all the frame sprayed. Don't bother with the snide machines with Chinese pumps...you get what you pay for and alot of the time the specs of the pumps are not what you actually get. The way i look at it is why try and save a couple hundred quid when you could make that in one job, so if something goes wrong and it cant be fixed easily then theirs your £200. Just my opinion but if you go on the general cleaning section they will say the same.

Danny

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 09:13:42 am »
2nd hand Honda 14hp gx390 with Interpump 15 litres @ 250 bar.

ebay used about £600 to £800 or more with a fsc, lance etc

lasts forever and always get your money back if you come to sell

the extra cost will be outweighed by the speed it gets thru the job

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 09:36:27 am »

The old gx 390's were 13hp, the new ones are less. And the pump you on about is bolted straight to engine (no gearbox) which means the pump wont last as long. Pro's and cons to every machine i suppose but just thought i would clear that up  ;D :-*

Danny

Ian101

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 09:38:07 am »

The old gx 390's were 13hp, the new ones are less. And the pump you on about is bolted straight to engine (no gearbox) which means the pump wont last as long. Pro's and cons to every machine i suppose but just thought i would clear that up  ;D :-*

Danny

doh !! yup 13hp  ;)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 10:04:40 am »
Loncin engines are pretty good in my experience - once you've got the work to justify the extra expense go for a Honda, but stating out Loncin is fine.

Jetmac systems on ebay are very good,...

concept

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 01:30:34 pm »
Loncin engines are pretty good in my experience - once you've got the work to justify the extra expense go for a Honda, but stating out Loncin is fine.

Nat is correct, Loncin are widely regarded as decent engines, however do be aware of the cheap chinese pumps certain suppliers put on.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 01:36:10 pm »
plus 1 for jet mac. Very good.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 01:54:23 pm »

Nat is correct, Loncin are widely regarded as decent engines, however do be aware of the cheap chinese pumps certain suppliers put on.

+1

you can get parts for Loncin engines, so make sure you get a pump which is repairable too!

my last 2 pressure washers were 4000psi @ 14lpm and 3000psi @ 17lpm - - the 3000psi one did more work in less time,.. so going for the max possible PSI isn't always the best choice. ;)

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 02:12:12 pm »
I went down the Honda route, having had a Honda generator for years, both start on the first pull every time.

Check out qwashers on eBay, but Chris and kenny on the general cleaning have second hand equipment for sale on what seems a regular basis

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

PoleKing

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 07:50:47 pm »
Thanks boys.
I'm thinking the Honda would be nice but can't justify it. I do hardly any PWing that pays. Mainly my own bits & bobs. Although it would be nice.

What's the Yanmar stuff like?

Kleen-can you post the model number of yours and how old it is etc... please?
Any movement on the £650? I was pushing it to £500 tbh...

Mick Kent

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 07:58:20 pm »
I will have one for sale soon mate but i would want more like £650 for it. Its a diesel Yanmar l100 (10hp) with a Interpump ws201 (15lpm at 3000psi). Its at the service place now having everything gone over and changing filters and oils and having all the frame sprayed. Don't bother with the snide machines with Chinese pumps...you get what you pay for and alot of the time the specs of the pumps are not what you actually get. The way i look at it is why try and save a couple hundred quid when you could make that in one job, so if something goes wrong and it cant be fixed easily then theirs your £200. Just my opinion but if you go on the general cleaning section they will say the same.

Danny

If he doesnt want it ill prob
be interested when it comes to you selling.
Roundbuilder@hotmail.com

Cheers

easy clean

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 08:38:59 pm »
Mick, I've got all the gear for pressure washing, it's all like new still, hardly used it. Let me know.

Jon

PoleKing

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 08:42:07 pm »
Mick, I've got all the gear for pressure washing, it's all like new still, hardly used it. Let me know.

Jon

For sale, easy, what's the gear & price?

easy clean

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2014, 09:01:07 pm »
I've got a gx390 15 lpm 3600 psi pressure washer, mosmatic surface cleaner, omnipole 4200w wet vac and a Honda 7kw generator, all the gear for a self sufficient pressure washing business. If your serious then I'll work out a price. All the equip ent has hardly been used, probably 5 or 6 times.

PoleKing

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2014, 09:38:40 pm »
I've got a gx390 15 lpm 3600 psi pressure washer, mosmatic surface cleaner, omnipole 4200w wet vac and a Honda 7kw generator, all the gear for a self sufficient pressure washing business. If your serious then I'll work out a price. All the equip ent has hardly been used, probably 5 or 6 times.

Most of that's gone over my head tbh.
Looking like a good set up though.
Lemmie know the price.

easy clean

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2014, 09:44:26 pm »
I want £2500.00 for it all

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2014, 10:19:14 pm »
Thanks boys.
I'm thinking the Honda would be nice but can't justify it. I do hardly any PWing that pays. Mainly my own bits & bobs. Although it would be nice.

Yanmar L100 diesels are the best diesel engine you can get. As good as a honda petrol engine but more economical, they are bullet proof! As far as price mate, £650 is a good price. You get what you pay for. You could have this for a couple years and sell it for the same price.

Danny

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2014, 10:21:46 pm »

Danny

If he doesnt want it ill prob
be interested when it comes to you selling.
Roundbuilder@hotmail.com

Cheers

Mick i spoke to you a while ago about a honda GX340 i had for sale and you said i was too far away mate...i haven't moved so still just as far  ;D. Ill give you a shout anyway mate once its all sorted and sprayed

Danny

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2014, 10:26:03 pm »

Most of that's gone over my head tbh.
Looking like a good set up though.
Lemmie know the price.

What pump is on the machine that makes 3600psi?? Does the pump have a gearbox fitted? What size is the mosi and how much for it on its own?

Danny

PoleKing

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2014, 10:34:32 pm »
Thanks boys.

Yanmar L100 diesels are the best diesel engine you can get. As good as a honda petrol engine but more economical, they are bullet proof! As far as price mate, £650 is a good price. You get what you pay for. You could have this for a couple years and sell it for the same price.

Danny

Fair enough.
I assume everyone concurs as there's been no contradictions.
When are you looking to sell?
Where abouts are you?

easy clean

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2014, 10:44:22 pm »
It's a inter pump w201 I think, 250 bar. Yes it has a gearbox and its 21 inch mosmatic with recovery. What are you offering for just the mosmatic?

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2014, 10:52:16 pm »
Thanks boys.

Danny

Fair enough.
Where abouts are you?

Anyone that knows their stuff would tell you how good yanmars are, only thing i would say about them is they are loud but you cant help that with a single cylinder air cooled diesel engine. Im just waiting for the service people to say its ready, im going to put a new hose and lance on it as well. I live in st helens mate, near liverpool (dont worry i aint a scouser  ;D).

Danny

PoleKing

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2014, 10:56:40 pm »
Thanks boys.

Danny

Fair enough.
Where abouts are you?

Anyone that knows their stuff would tell you how good yanmars are, only thing i would say about them is they are loud but you cant help that with a single cylinder air cooled diesel engine. Im just waiting for the service people to say its ready, im going to put a new hose and lance on it as well. I live in st helens mate, near liverpool (dont worry i aint a scouser  ;D).

Danny

Sounding good.
What was the LPM & PSI again?
Have you got a whirlaway up for grabs too?

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2014, 11:00:11 pm »
It's a inter pump w201 I think, 250 bar. Yes it has a gearbox and its 21 inch mosmatic with recovery. What are you offering for just the mosmatic?

An interpump ws201 is 200 bar which is 2900 psi mate, not 3600psi. £300 cash?

Danny

easy clean

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2014, 11:02:05 pm »
Ok it's not a201 then but it's 250 bar and no chance at £300

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2014, 11:09:06 pm »
Thanks boys.

Danny

Fair enough.
Where abouts are you?

Danny

Sounding good.

The pump that is on it is made by an italian company called interpump and the model is a ws201, these are one of the best pumps you can get but also the spares for these and easy to get and cheap compared to other pumps. I makes 3000psi at 15 liters per minute. I do have a spare whirlaway but would need to check it over as its been stood for a while

Danny

easy clean

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2014, 11:12:32 pm »
It's an interpump 47 series ws251. 15 lpm 250 bar

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2014, 11:17:14 pm »
Ok it's not a201 then but it's 250 bar and no chance at £300

Oh ok mate. Reason i said £300 was because you can buy them new off ebay for £695 with a warranty and a receipt. Yours is a used with no receipt or warranty plus pay for a courier. How much was you thinking pal?

Danny

easy clean

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2014, 11:28:07 pm »
Cash doesn't make any difference, I'm vat registered. That's the cheap version, mine us the professional range with vacuum recovery £1249.00

PoleKing

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2014, 09:50:58 am »
Thanks boys.

Danny

Fair enough.
Where abouts are you?

Danny

Sounding good.

The pump that is on it is made by an italian company called interpump and the model is a ws201, these are one of the best pumps you can get but also the spares for these and easy to get and cheap compared to other pumps. I makes 3000psi at 15 liters per minute. I do have a spare whirlaway but would need to check it over as its been stood for a while

Danny

Looking like I'll go for it.
Let me know when it's back.

Mosmatic/Whirlaway. Pro's/Con's? Which is better?

Gordon_Taylor

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2014, 10:34:01 am »
Easy clean, how much for the pressure washer and flat surface cleaner, I'm only in Eltham.

Regards,

Gordon
Quality is doing it right, even when no-one is looking.

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2014, 10:38:07 am »
Cash doesn't make any difference, I'm vat registered. That's the cheap version, mine us the professional range with vacuum recovery £1249.00

I didnt realise. How much would you want for it then mate? The vac recovery is a good thing but 99% of people wont use it, me included.

Danny

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2014, 10:43:21 am »
Thanks boys.

Danny

Fair enough.
Where abouts are you?

Danny

Sounding good.

Danny

Ok mate will do. I wouldn't say either are better but they just do the same job in slightly different way, either are brilliant.

Danny

PoleKing

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2014, 11:40:40 am »
Thanks boys.

Danny

Fair enough.
Where abouts are you?

Danny

Sounding good.

Danny

Ok mate will do. I wouldn't say either are better but they just do the same job in slightly different way, either are brilliant.

Danny

Cool. Sorry for all the questions but how do they do the same job in a different way?
Whizzy arm shooting water out from 2 directions, cover thing to stop splashage. What's different?
Must admit I like the stainless one. That is very pretty.

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2014, 12:48:16 pm »
Thanks boys.

Danny

Fair enough.
Where abouts are you?

Danny

Sounding good.

Danny

Danny

Cool. Sorry for all the questions but how do they do the same job in a different way?
Whizzy arm shooting water out from 2 directions, cover thing to stop splashage. What's different?

No worries. Their are lots of variables so bear with me

Some have castors, some just have a brush skirt
They range in size from 6inch hand one to a 48inch beast
Some have 2 arms some have 3 arms
You can change the nozzle spray angle from 0degrees to 65degrees
You can change the size of the nozzle to let more of less water through
The main bearing in the mosmatics seam to spin slower than the whirlaway

Like i said, lots of variables. Hope that helps

Danny

PoleKing

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2014, 02:49:53 pm »
Thanks boys.

Danny

Fair enough.
Where abouts are you?

Danny

Sounding good.

Danny

Danny

No worries. Their are lots of variables so bear with me

Some have castors, some just have a brush skirt
They range in size from 6inch hand one to a 48inch beast
Some have 2 arms some have 3 arms
You can change the nozzle spray angle from 0degrees to 65degrees
You can change the size of the nozzle to let more of less water through
The main bearing in the mosmatics seam to spin slower than the whirlaway

Like i said, lots of variables. Hope that helps

Danny

Cheers, just a plug and play would probably be best for me.
Once set up well, I'll probably never change it.
Text/email me once you get a price for the lot (delivered) and we'll sort something.
Details on my website.
Thanks for the extra info.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2014, 07:18:24 pm »
I run a Honda 3000psi 15ltrs minute with a turbo nozzle most of the time I do have another spray lance as well,have'nt yet brought a FSC

haven't yet come across a job yet that the turbo nozzle as coped with  ;)

PoleKing

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2014, 07:22:36 pm »
I run a Honda 3000psi 15ltrs minute with a turbo nozzle most of the time I do have another spray lance as well,have'nt yet brought a FSC

haven't yet come across a job yet that the turbo nozzle as coped with  ;)

I still don't get the 'turbo' bit.
If it's 15lpm. What's the difference? Turbo'd engine-I'd understand...

Frankybadboy

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2014, 07:28:48 pm »
turbo nozzle on the end of the lance,basically it spins around under pressure from the water.you tube it

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2014, 07:47:22 pm »
turbo nozzle on the end of the lance,basically it spins around under pressure from the water.you tube it

A flat surface cleaner isnt as powerful as a turbo nozzle franky but the the amount of surface cleaned is alot more, its a lots less straining pushing a FSC around than bending over using a turbo and it kicks up a lot less c r a p. Trust me, once you have used one you will never look back. I love mine

Danny

Frankybadboy

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2014, 08:09:43 pm »

A flat surface cleaner isnt as powerful as a turbo nozzle franky but the the amount of surface cleaned is alot more, its a lots less straining pushing a FSC around than bending over using a turbo and it kicks up a lot less c r a p. Trust me, once you have used one you will never look back. I love mine

Danny
that's a fair comment danny,i know you know your stuff

but as yet I got away with just a turbo,must of the jobs I have done have been under the 4hours worth of work mark

liviu pastravanu

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2014, 10:53:04 pm »

Jon

jon how much for setup without vac and generator?