rosskesava

Re: commercial contract abruptly cancelled
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2014, 11:48:12 pm »
well, I've been a window cleaner for just 9 months and have 140 customers so far . I suppose I might have been a bit naive on that commercial deal. I'm from the old school and I believe in a gentleman agreement!  that's probably why when they renaged on that agreement it really got to me! having said that judging by all those very helpful replies I got it seems common practice in commercial jobs! well, I have to put it down to inexperience and move on

Gentleman’s agreement? I wish it was like that. Work would be a lot simpler and easier.

Yeah, we live and learn.

The only time I count my chickens is when the cheque has cleared or the money is in my hand.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Dave Willis

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2014, 07:25:09 am »
I've got Domestic jobs where the price was agreed before the clean and they've never paid!!

Got one cow now who had the nerve to text what a wonderful job I'd done in January and now won't pay.

Herve garrot

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2014, 07:37:32 pm »
might be time to put your foot down lol

Richard S

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2014, 11:40:37 pm »
the price provided if stated 3 cleans per year at a set rate allows you 3 cleans at that price but this must be confirmed in writing. email confirmation covers you in court.
By law you have formed a legal agreement and in doing so you could reply with a stern reminder of this.
They may bow down.
I did this with a major hotel chain who thought it would be okay to get a just 1 clean and cancel when a 3 clean minimum was agreed before starting.
They paid me and I did the cleans.
Fair is fair.
They are in breech if they confirmed.
Good luck