richywilts

taking morning off insulating the office roof
« on: January 18, 2013, 08:59:56 am »
snows coming down thick and fast today in ellesmere port so finally getting round to insulating the office and toilet roof space with kingspan we had lying round the office and roof lagging any one got any other tips on how to winterproof doors etc and will it make an improvment to heating my office coz it does get cold even with heaters in here as no central heating
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

dannymack

Re: taking morning off insulating the office roof
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 09:06:47 am »
Richy why do you waste money on an office couldn't you do invoices back home in the warm. ?

deeege

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 09:08:14 am »
Richy why do you waste money on an office couldn't you do invoices back home in the warm. ?

^This. Also is your landlord paying you for the materials and labour for improving his property?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

richywilts

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 09:11:33 am »
i live at home mate with my parents after splitting with psycho ex have 3 vans and my dad doesnt want them outside the house hes fussy old man and said he doesnt want it looking like a gypo camp!!

so ive had units for past three years i prefer it got a nice unit and large yard with no passing traffic or noisy neighbours and large enough to grow into if needed all materials are here on site anyway so no real expense except bit more lagging
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

A-W-C

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 04:12:52 pm »
i live at home mate with my parents after splitting with psycho ex have 3 vans and my dad doesnt want them outside the house hes fussy old man and said he doesnt want it looking like a gypo camp!!

so ive had units for past three years i prefer it got a nice unit and large yard with no passing traffic or noisy neighbours and large enough to grow into if needed all materials are here on site anyway so no real expense except bit more lagging

Get your own place then still living with your mum n dad at your age tut tut, i bet your mum does your washing and ironing  :-*

richywilts

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 04:16:03 pm »

Get your own place then still living with your mum n dad at your age tut tut, i bet your mum does your washing and ironing  :-*

she does everything mate for me its great even cleans dirty clothes and hangs them out to dry in the garage and folds them ;D ;D
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

dave0123

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 04:24:37 pm »
get rid of unit and let lads take vans home. save a lot of money = more PROFIT
Dave.

LBWCS

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 04:26:39 pm »
Rich let's have a Pryor style video of ur unit.i think we are all intrigued what the pad of an entrepreneur looks like  ;D

keyser soze

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 04:30:33 pm »
hi richy .. what do you pay per annum for your water bill with having 3 vans .. sorry if im being intrusive

dave0123

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 04:47:45 pm »
3 vans? thought it was only 2 the other day
Dave.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 04:52:50 pm »
No he as 3
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 05:14:46 pm »
get the chair insulated.

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 05:16:24 pm »
Richy, not being funny, but what does your day consist of? What do you actualy do all day?

dave0123

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 05:18:03 pm »
sit on his bottom i think looking at pc screen. that's all that comes across anyway
Dave.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 05:18:44 pm »
He does a bit of solitaire
On his computer !!
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

colin purewater

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 05:40:06 pm »
Wish I still lived with me mum and dad!
I'd be frickin loaded  :'(
keep it simple

deeege

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 05:42:49 pm »
Wish I still lived with me mum and dad!
I'd be frickin loaded  :'(

Worst thing I ever did was move out at 18 :(
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

keyser soze

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 06:08:16 pm »
he must be doing something right ...

trevor perry

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 06:56:05 pm »
Richie always seems to get a lot of stick on here and i do admit sometimes i think he makes some pretty poor judgements but he also seems to have some very strong attributes too, he obviously goes out and gets the work successfully which is a talent on its own and he is very determined and doesnt throw the towell in when things dont go his way.
  I think if we are all honest we all make mistakes in how we run things the question is do we learn from them and i admire richies posts in that he is honest enough to put them on here to get advice even though he is often ripped apart and ridiculed a lot of the time.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 07:11:02 pm »
Richie always seems to get a lot of stick on here and i do admit sometimes i think he makes some pretty poor judgements but he also seems to have some very strong attributes too, he obviously goes out and gets the work successfully which is a talent on its own and he is very determined and doesnt throw the towell in when things dont go his way.
  I think if we are all honest we all make mistakes in how we run things the question is do we learn from them and i admire richies posts in that he is honest enough to put them on here to get advice even though he is often ripped apart and ridiculed a lot of the time.

Here Here. Too many on here who have a cosy little 10 till 3 4 day a week type of business shooting Richie down! At least his post are honest and not full of you know what.  ::)

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 07:38:11 pm »
With every success one need to make a few mistakes. I think Richie will  understand that, so many still need to learn that.I think Richie has balls.

robbo333

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 07:43:05 pm »
With every success one need to make a few mistakes. I think Richie will  understand that, so many still need to learn that.I think Richie has balls.

+1
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

richywilts

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 07:45:36 pm »
got 3 vans dave but one isnt really getting used now due to culling quite a few customers from council estates but come spring time think il be using it again either for cleaning windows or converting for pressure washing and fixing my pressure washer in

Richy, not being funny, but what does your day consist of? What do you actualy do all day?

this week ive been getting in about 8, reading worksheets and telling lads of any problem customers etc or any issues we had from ringing up night before, i've had a chat/meeting with the two lads caught skiving issued warning, on tuesday i viewed a few local units which are much cheaper than mine to see if it worth relocating and  i had the vans fitted with trackers which has improved operations quite a lot, wednesday had tyre's fitted on the van, ive been out mass leaflet dropping in the day focusing on new areas, i had a meeting with sort of mentor business coach woman i see now n then to set some goals and see where im up to, i go out quoting enquirie's which come in thru phone calls,website and also leads i make myself my ringing customers offering out other services, i've been out to buy new office supplies, i do the dishes and hoover and clean and polish the desks etc,was meant to have meeting with graphic designer today to discuss this years new leaflets,i've also been out canvassing a couple of times and had a late nite collecting off bad payers driving round a few areas, on thursday i loaded all new customers and work we have got on since january onto the computer and updated my accounts, i also ring customers and text them to pre warn of us coming next day
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richywilts

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 07:46:28 pm »
Rich let's have a Pryor style video of ur unit.i think we are all intrigued what the pad of an entrepreneur looks like  ;D

need to get memory card for my blackberry to run the video its nothing special but il try and remember to do one
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

bobplum

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 08:09:30 pm »
richy will be the first to say he had his head up his arse last year but after seeing him today i think he looks better,more focussed, he as sorted a lot of problems,more organised for one he has pulled in about 60 jobs this month,his got rid of the crap customers i think this year will be the making of him.....................yes i do occasionally sleep with him ;D ;D(luv yeah man x)

Window Washers

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 09:04:39 pm »

need to get memory card for my blackberry to run the video its nothing special but il try and remember to do one
richys unit is massive, went there when I was doing some training up there.
He's a trier, fair play to him. Don't blame him for insulating his office and toilet he has to use it.

Living at home is very clever.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 09:54:52 pm »
got 3 vans dave but one isnt really getting used now due to culling quite a few customers from council estates but come spring time think il be using it again either for cleaning windows or converting for pressure washing and fixing my pressure washer in

this week ive been getting in about 8, reading worksheets and telling lads of any problem customers etc or any issues we had from ringing up night before, i've had a chat/meeting with the two lads caught skiving issued warning, on tuesday i viewed a few local units which are much cheaper than mine to see if it worth relocating and  i had the vans fitted with trackers which has improved operations quite a lot, wednesday had tyre's fitted on the van, ive been out mass leaflet dropping in the day focusing on new areas, i had a meeting with sort of mentor business coach woman i see now n then to set some goals and see where im up to, i go out quoting enquirie's which come in thru phone calls,website and also leads i make myself my ringing customers offering out other services, i've been out to buy new office supplies, i do the dishes and hoover and clean and polish the desks etc,was meant to have meeting with graphic designer today to discuss this years new leaflets,i've also been out canvassing a couple of times and had a late nite collecting off bad payers driving round a few areas, on thursday i loaded all new customers and work we have got on since january onto the computer and updated my accounts, i also ring customers and text them to pre warn of us coming next day

fair do's. I don't employ. I just couldn't imagine there was much to do once the vans have gone out.

richywilts

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 10:41:03 pm »

fair do's. I don't employ. I just couldn't imagine there was much to do once the vans have gone out.

i could use my time a lot better but i do get distracted have a couple of mates who pop down for chats etc but i do work long hours coz got nofin better to do really and do have a laugh with the lads cold weathers demotivated me a bit this week started year off raring to go, off out canvassing again tmoz hopefully get another 8 on to get me up to 35 for the month!!!

i also forgot had to do banking twice this week, i have to update computer with the days work and print and schedule work for next day pay all bills you would be surprised what goes in when u have staff coz generally have a few phone calls and other problems cropping up, i will be ringing up cmmercial database i knocked up trying to make appointments did send letters before xmas out to them all
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

rosskesava

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 01:22:02 am »
From days past and not now as I'm now a one man business but it constantly shocked me as to how much time admin takes up.

Little minor and seemingly unimportant things can suddenly take up loads of time. Once I spent 3 days getting a parking permit for one van. It sent me nuts.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

shina

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 01:28:47 am »

Just pics would be good

richywilts

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2013, 11:10:40 am »
if i go down today il pop down and take some pics struggling wih motivation today im tired been a long week!!
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Ben wood

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 04:06:43 pm »
Get you ass up richy. You will sleep when you retire lol

richywilts

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2013, 05:22:25 pm »
i made it up after tossing a coin out of three attempts with my employee over the phone to go out canvassing or not!!!

went out for two n half hours and got 2 on n 4 call backs where i take there details and let them speak to there partners and call them back within a week

got a couple of my facebook status too so not done too bad considering cudnt be arsed today

;D ;D ;D
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

pncleaning

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2013, 07:41:51 pm »
That not a lot for 2.5 hours 2 customers Richy??? did ure employee go out canvassing too??

Trev Jones

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2013, 08:31:30 pm »

ere ere  :)

richywilts

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2013, 09:38:35 pm »
That not a lot for 2.5 hours 2 customers Richy??? did ure employee go out canvassing too??

i know its not a lot but there a couple of pole cleaners on there already and a lot of bungalows im happy its got the total in new area up to about 15-16 now i think so got a base to build on yeah employee struggled to be fair today ive got another 4 on from my  status on facebook today tho so another 6 take me up to approx 75 for the month now so im quite happy
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

shina

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2013, 09:42:18 pm »
Where the pics of your unit?

richywilts

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2013, 09:44:10 pm »
i only popped in to grab the folders for canvassing today was there two mins il try and get some tmoz il try n dig out memory card in a min n do a video
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

James archell

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2013, 10:29:34 pm »
i made it up after tossing a coin out of three attempts with my employee over the phone

D'you often have tossing competitions over the phone with other men who you pay?

Window Washers

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2013, 10:36:00 pm »
i made it up after tossing a coin out of three attempts with my employee over the phone

D'you often have tossing competitions over the phone with other men who you pay?
lmao ----
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

richywilts

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2013, 10:36:41 pm »
not really no but neither of us really wanted to go out but didnt wana miss out on catching people in today coz found it quite hard getting customer in the evening when its dark
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Window Washers

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2013, 11:03:27 pm »
not really no but neither of us really wanted to go out but didnt wana miss out on catching people in today coz found it quite hard getting customer in the evening when its dark
I'm competing next week with canvassers :) great sport
Two different companies against me :) # triple win :) if mick Kent wants to try his luck that's four  ;D

richywilts

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2013, 11:07:56 pm »
what ya mean your on a mission to get more too???
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Window Washers

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2013, 10:19:42 am »
what ya mean your on a mission to get more too???
yep