richywilts

as title says im wondering what sort of targets you set staff for a days work on domestics i always thought 200 a day is fair and thats a fair days work but i honestly think standards i like my work done too its a bit optimistic, im sick of staff who come bk saying they have done this much etc 270-280 and now going bk round there work im not even sure they have cleaned first cleans there shocking

this is the second one ive had to let go now for taking the p not doing job properly im getting fed up of it all

i spent an hour yday cleaning a so called second clean on a 3 bed detached house with conservatory

i was thinking maybe set target at 150 a day, lower wages early finish 3 vans going out 450 a day coming in but all decent work completed properly
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

clarkson

Re: for those who have staff mainly domestics wfp what targets do u set
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 11:39:51 am »

hi
 my lads are on a 200 a day target, so i dont think its reaching if your prices are about right. I think its a case of getting the right person.

i am struggling to replace a full timer who is any good.

cheers

john

supernova77

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 11:43:36 am »
as title says im wondering what sort of targets you set staff for a days work on domestics i always thought 200 a day is fair and thats a fair days work but i honestly think standards i like my work done too its a bit optimistic, im sick of staff who come bk saying they have done this much etc 270-280 and now going bk round there work im not even sure they have cleaned first cleans there shocking

this is the second one ive had to let go now for taking the p not doing job properly im getting fed up of it all

i spent an hour yday cleaning a so called second clean on a 3 bed detached house with conservatory

i was thinking maybe set target at 150 a day, lower wages early finish 3 vans going out 450 a day coming in but all decent work completed properly

Richy - Are you still thinking of selling up before christmas?

Andy

richywilts

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 11:48:21 am »
ive looked into it andy and i think christmas is a bit early to be honest winding it all down spoke to my uncle and hes happy to hold job for me for a while while i take my time to give it serious thought
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richywilts

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 11:52:41 am »

hi
 my lads are on a 200 a day target, so i dont think its reaching if your prices are about right. I think its a case of getting the right person.

i am struggling to replace a full timer who is any good.

cheers

john

my prices are pretty decent i think overall average price is prob around £13 for some reason tho unless they rush the work or cut corners we struggle to hit 200  or the other works till 6-7 oclock which we now cant do coz of the early nights drawing in that what got me thinking am i expecting too much to be done day in day out to a high standard, my prices do need an increase of £1-2 most jobs as no increase in 4 year plus canvassed work has been priced lower than id like
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

formb

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 11:53:57 am »

Why are you going to sort someone else's f*** up? If they get a complaint send them back to sort it. Getting a window clean is hardly difficult. If they f*** it up ten times send them back ten times.

Don't have an upper limit, pay them on piece work, the more they do the more they get, if they get a call back and they have to go back and sort it, they loose out. If it effects their money they are less likely to make mistakes...

richywilts

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 12:00:18 pm »
the lad in question had an appraisal i slagged him off n said he best sort his work out we had ten complaints on wednesday 17th oct, friday 19th october he crashed my van, tuesday 23rd he goes off on sick which hes still on for a cyst on his lung i did post on here asking whether i could sack him etc as this is all within his first 6-7 weeks probationary on the job n others said im leaving myself wide open for tribunals etc

im in thoughs now should i just sack him can it be done whilst there on the sick?

the reason myself and other lad have gone bk is coz we want it done properly, the customer had actually paid for the last clean it wasnt a complaint
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

supernova77

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 12:01:38 pm »
my prices are pretty decent i think overall average price is prob around £13 for some reason tho unless they rush the work or cut corners we struggle to hit 200  or the other works till 6-7 oclock which we now cant do coz of the early nights drawing in that what got me thinking am i expecting too much to be done day in day out to a high standard, my prices do need an increase of £1-2 most jobs as no increase in 4 year plus canvassed work has been priced lower than id like

How many houses do you clean every 6 weeks?

formb

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 12:03:56 pm »
...it is not always about money though, power is just as important.

We run our 'vans' in squads of 2. 1 supervisor 1 trainee. You'd be surprised the effect that a bit of responsibility has on people. If they are responsible for other people's work their quality needs to be unquestionable.

formb

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 12:07:49 pm »
it wasnt a complaint

If there was no complaint and the customer is happy you are wasting time and effort re-cleaning them.

You may argue the customer will think 'great these boys are committed' What the customer will probably think is: 'Oh I hadn't noticed that my usual window cleaner was useless, I'd better watch for that in future'

formb

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 12:09:38 pm »
the lad in question had an appraisal i slagged him off n said he best sort his work out we had ten complaints on wednesday 17th oct, friday 19th october he crashed my van, tuesday 23rd he goes off on sick which hes still on for a cyst on his lung i did post on here asking whether i could sack him etc as this is all within his first 6-7 weeks probationary on the job n others said im leaving myself wide open for tribunals etc

im in thoughs now should i just sack him can it be done whilst there on the sick?

the reason myself and other lad have gone bk is coz we want it done properly, the customer had actually paid for the last clean it wasnt a complaint

What kind of training did you give this guy? We employ as a trainee for at least 3 months before they get any kind of responsibility.

MWC

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 12:17:43 pm »

Andy

Is he fuk, full of it  Mod note:  Please refrain from swearing on the forum.

richywilts

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 02:48:31 pm »

Andy

Is he fuk, full of it

why am i full of it ive decided it aint fair on staff before xmas i am seriously considering it i just thought itd be a nice time to sell up before xmas n have bit of a blow out before the bad weather kicks in etc
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richywilts

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 02:59:36 pm »

i basically went out for the week showing the guys how to clean and standards i expect i also provided a full documented job description/method statement of how we carry out each job  i also provided a fully documented method statement for first cleans this guy has basically just been rushing the work and finishing for 5 i even think he has been goin to pick kids up etc at 3ish the training has obviously worked for the other lad coz we get nothing but praise for his work

What kind of training did you give this guy? We employ as a trainee for at least 3 months before they get any kind of responsibility.
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

formb

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 04:20:57 pm »

the training has obviously worked for the other lad coz we get nothing but praise for his work

It is just not as easy as that though.

formb

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 04:38:58 pm »
Do you send them out by themselves?

roundbuilder

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 04:53:38 pm »
I set a weekly target of £1250 to be done mon to thur wherei pay 25%, if weather allows.. and fridays/saturdays are for new first cleans where i pay 50% of what is done to keep moral up.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 05:02:38 pm »
I would love to comment on this thread but I can imagine people will just say im making it up and its not possible so I wont be commenting
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

richywilts

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 05:10:04 pm »
I would love to comment on this thread but I can imagine people will just say im making it up and its not possible so I wont be commenting

lee il listen to what you have to say
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

paul13

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 05:14:59 pm »
Me to :D