D woods

Re: video of today
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2012, 04:38:37 pm »
Very nice, love the diamond leather.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2012, 05:03:08 pm »
I know others will see this as a pitch but its not, I couldnt take on any more customers at the moment.
 38 customers from 1200 leaflets? Is it just me or would you not be happy with this? Thats 300 odd leaflets per customer and you will need to do about 220,000 leaflets to hit 700 customers.... Thats frightening

Except that at 315 leaflets per customer, my leafletting (at 7.8p per customer delivered solus including leaflet printing cost; probably similar to Lee) would mean that a new customer cost £24.63 - I'd call that a bargain.  And, as Lee said, that's a September leaflet.

My average clean price is just over £21, so it looks to me to be a very cheap way of getting customers.

Vin

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2012, 05:05:41 pm »
CLASS

A tip don't go quoting work in it or collecting money if you want the job again

Had a sport, loved it just looking at a vogue now, was about to pay the deposit and the sales guy said a new vogue is out in August so gonna wait and see now.

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2012, 05:19:41 pm »
Did you cut and paste lees pricelist and business? As a canvasser I can see the benefits of leaflets but you guys taking a different approach to 4 weekly cleaners so its difficult to compare. Each to their own...

Perfect Windows

« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2012, 05:54:03 pm »
Did you cut and paste lees pricelist and business? As a canvasser I can see the benefits of leaflets but you guys taking a different approach to 4 weekly cleaners so its difficult to compare. Each to their own...

My business is very similar to Lee's in terms of pricing and the way we both gain customers from leaflets with pricing included. 

But that's why I put my leaflet cost details on and my average prices rather than his.  I hear time and again that leaflets are a poor way to gain customers, yet a quick look at the maths says different (for me).

Vin

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2012, 05:59:10 pm »
If you employed a canvasser of your own and paid them one clean it would work out cheaper, if you found the right one to work around your existing work then you could increase density and profitability at the same time....

That to me is a win win....

Perfect Windows

« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2012, 06:05:57 pm »
If you employed a canvasser of your own and paid them one clean it would work out cheaper, if you found the right one to work around your existing work then you could increase density and profitability at the same time....

That to me is a win win....

I agree - one of my leafletters has started doing just that - he's earning a lot more than leafletting and I'm happy, too.  Still leafletting as well, as that's scaleable at short notice where a canvasser isn't.  I can have 60,000 leaflets out this Friday if I wish (assuming I'd want 200 more customers in a rush, of course).

Vin

George Gardner

« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2012, 09:50:25 pm »
NICEEEEEEEEE!  ;D

This actually gives me alot of motivation!

LWC

« Reply #88 on: February 29, 2012, 05:15:52 pm »

Wrekin C S

« Reply #89 on: February 29, 2012, 06:23:20 pm »
Nice video mate what size tank you gonna put in the back of your overfinch?  ;D