blackpool bear

flyers
« on: October 10, 2005, 03:57:22 pm »
i have been posting some flyers and not really had a good response,
also am i wasting my time putting flyers through the doors of houses with clean windows? any tips on a good time to post? i also have a few ada in local newsagents but no response there either , only just started doing this in the last couple of weeks,, ::)

Moderator David@stives

Re: flyers
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 05:58:38 pm »
I probably get 1 reply per 200 leaflets ,so i dont bother anymore

Dave

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 07:02:27 pm »
I spent a fortnight pushing out leaflets when I first started.  I must've put one through every letter box in the estate areas in Chepstow and half of Caldicot.

'They' say you get a 2% success rate with leaflets, and judging by my experience of them, then I'd have to agree.

Click on the seach icon at the top of the screen, and search for 'canvassing' and read some of those posts.

If you've got anymore questions; ask away.

H h20

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 07:41:35 pm »
I`m doing a leaflet drop at he moment,and by the response im getting i think i`m wasting my time and money  :-[,but i suppose if you get half adozen jobs at an average of £8 it will pay off after short while and when those others who you leafleted see you doing their neighbours then you may get more,Gaz

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 08:41:57 pm »
The best way to use leaflets is to have them in your hand when you knock the door.

Doorknocking ( canvassing ) is by far the best method of increasing business quickly. I leave leaflets at the houses with no-one in then go back to them a day or two later.

2% return on leaflets is VERY good. I don't bother wasting time and shoe leather pounding the streets putting thousands of leaflets out. If I am going to be at a door I will knock it. After all. What's the worst thing that can happen? They say they already have a good window cleaner or don't want one..

I have only ever had one rude reply.  That was some posh geezer in a great big house who said..  Buggah orff.  I did..  after a few choice words back to him  ;D

Yeah I know. Not pro at all but I had to go up a great big long drive to get that reply. Ahhh the joys of being master of your own destiny  ;D

Andrew

Solo Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 08:54:04 pm »
When I used to leaflet areas for more work I used to assume that people are relatively lazy and will only ring if really desperate for a window cleaner.
To get around this I gace the householders a lazy way to reply if looking for or wanting a cleaner.

I stated on the leaflet
     " I you would like me to call please leave this leaflet where it can be seen from the road. I will be calling this way again on ???????"

Then all you do is take a walk down the road a day or two later.

Saved a whole lot of door knocking.

As it is I very rarely canvass now. Most of my new work is through referralls

Lee

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 09:41:54 pm »
I agree with most of the above door knocking gives the best return...but I still put loads of leaflets out..
always have done....
You put them out and you get nothing but I,ve had a return from a leaflet that I droped 3 years previous- beat that.

I've always found this time of the year and early spring brings in some of the best returns, because the sun is low in the sky and even reasonable clean windows look terrible.

I,m still trying to sort out the copy of UK Info that I've got so That I can try the idle way of tele canvassing..

best of luck (remeber it a numbers game) about 2% is right so that should balance out at two new customers for every 100 leaflets at av £8 each thats £160 per month new business for every 1,000 or £an extra £2,080 per year-It's just numbers-
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

baldeagle

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 10:36:16 pm »
You will get a good response with flyers if the previous 'cleaner has deserted them - I did - he'd bogged off and left 'em about twelve months previously.

My return was about 30% in one street, and probably about 15% in several others - I was bl**dy lucky!

I now find that I get most work from referrals and because people see me out working - I went out last Saturday and did two that I didn't have time for on Thursday - got three more!

I reckon that it was because I was there on a day other than "normal", so people who are normally at work were on the street and spotted me.

Remember "Baldeagle's" rules for the aspiring window cleaner......

Rule 1.  Flyers NEVER work - except when they do, of course.
Rule 2.  All other methods ALWAYS work - except when they don't, of course.

Just stick at it - don't be put off, we've all, [I think], been through it, all had the same doubts - don't forget, you are dealing with people - they can be funny - the job would be better if we didn't have them to screw things up - but we would also be poorer!

Baldeagle in Staffordshire
"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.