clearly pro

wfp rinsing
« on: October 08, 2005, 02:48:46 pm »
I am about to embark on my wfp treck and am in need of some of your methods for rinsing on glass that does not sheet.  I am confused (nothing new there) about whethor or not you use the brush to help push the wate down past the glass where it is not sheeting or if you tend to just rinse from the nozzle.?
Say G'nite Gracie
G'nite Gracie

jsm

Re: wfp rinsing
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 05:11:22 pm »
on the beading panes I find that if I tilt the brush 45'o with one jet higher than the other and go from side to side , like this the bottom jet has done the work before the top jet passes over it .

works for me  :)

sheeting panes - just side to side
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

Ian_Giles

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 10:26:30 am »
My brush stays on the glass at all times, lifting off the glass isn't always necessary, particularly on repeat cleans.

My own jets are of the 'fan' variety, so the whole width of the brush of covered.

I'll go back and forth regularly over the top edge, regardles of glass that sheets or beads, then on upstairs windows, I'll rest the brush very lightly on the glass and draw down.
O downstairs windows sometimes I'll be using the brush vertically, this way you also have a constant overlap as you work your way down the glass.
But I rarely have to hold the brush off the glass to do a separate rinse.
First cleans notwithstanding of course.
Beading or sheeting doesn't really affect how I clean the windows, I treat them the same as windows that sheet.
Beaded ones worry me more on a dry, windy day though.

As the beads stay there for far longer than if the glass sheets, it is also more likely to become contanimated with airborn particles, and I often wonder if that is the main reason that beading glass is more prone to spotting.

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

matt

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 12:01:16 pm »
i am hearng more and more people dont do a rinse after the clean

i think i might have to give it a go, it wont save much water, but it all helps

clearly pro

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 01:27:08 pm »
I was first introduced to DI water when I was washing cars mobile. I could do beautiful black cars right in the sun and so long as all of the soap was rinsed off, there was no spotting problem. This included areas where water was beading. As a matter of fact, I often had a wash-n-wax solution in the bucket.  There were never any spots.  Windows have some properties we have yet to figure out that cause some to spot.
Say G'nite Gracie
G'nite Gracie

dai

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 08:08:15 pm »
Glad this topic has come up again. How may side to side passes would you do rinsing a pane say 4ft sqare? Dai