clearly pro

Whats the average price over there
« on: October 04, 2005, 10:35:21 pm »
I've been reading lots about all of your pole work on houses and somewhere I read (I think) that the cleaner was charging around 7 pounds. (sorry, my computer does not have the pound symbol). That translates to around $15 american. How many windows of what size and how long...typically?

The reason I am asking is more out of curiosity and...since I like Brits (and Scotts) and your beer, I might hop a flight and come do some cleaning...and do some drinkin! Hell, I am buyin.

My god, did I really just offer to buy a bunch of folks from The United Kingdom some beer.
Say G'nite Gracie
G'nite Gracie

Re: Whats the average price over there
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 10:39:30 pm »
Hey, don't wake up Grumpy in the morning.
Let her sleep in!!

I don't drink beer, espeshuly American

Pea Jay

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 10:47:02 pm »
Seven quid is about average for me, but many guys charge much, much more.  Some charge less. 

Even though we're a small country compared to the USA, we've many regional differences. 

But who cares, our beer is much stronger than yours.

I once purchased two crates of Budweiser from an American PX in Southern Germany.  It was dirt cheap and took it back for the lads.  It was only after drinking five or six of them that we realised we were still sober enough to drive.  (We didn't mind - in Germany there is no minimum alcohol limit if you have an accident.)

What a waste of US Dollars!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 10:57:49 pm »
Off topic I know, but if you look on our beers you'll find most are around 3.5-4.0% alc.

Bud and other bottled beers like Miller and Coors are all 5.0% or above.
Strange I know, it doesn't affect you much...

Oops, defended a yank! :-[

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 11:05:35 pm »
Off topic I know, but if you look on our beers you'll find most are around 3.5-4.0% alc.

Bud and other bottled beers like Miller and Coors are all 5.0% or above.
Strange I know, it doesn't effect you much...

Oops, defended a yank! :-[

Roger,

Go to the US and you'll find the beers are 3% which must border alcohol-free.  They send us the good stuff.

rosskesava

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 11:07:49 pm »
I think the price varies around the country.

To start with 5 odd years ago we'd do a house for a quid let alone £7 but there again - we needed the money.

Now most of our work is around the £20 to £30 with a number of lower priced very quick places. We do 11 houses on a estate near where I live for £10 each but the whole lot takes 3 of us about 90 to 120 minutes.

We do have one area where we do 5 £60 jobs all in a row which takes about 3 hours of seriously hard work. That sounds good but then there's the 45 minutes traveling time, expenses and all that.

There again, we do one other area of 8 £15 pound places almost next to each other that take about 4 to 4 and a half hours.

It's hard to put an average price on things.

Today things went all wrong. I thought it was Wednesday and we went miles to find it was the wrong day and then when we drove to what should have been the first job the person had gone to work and so the days start was a diaster that went on. Then my mates girlfriend phoned up with some problem and he had to go home and the days takings - just a miserable £60. After expenses, just £13 each.  :-[

As for beer.... nope. Bramber Bottom cider. Brewed locally 3 miles from here on a farm near Lewes, Sussex. 5.5%. Yum yum slurp slurp.

Cheers

clearly pro

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 11:37:26 pm »
Well, onehelluva infopacked post. thanks.
I agree, our beer is only slightly better than water. Maybe I'll invent a beer fed pole.

Funny how you all are way ahead of us on the pole work. I see why with all he restrictions and such. As a result of all the goings on about poles and water, your prices are better than ours for similar setups.

Not many water companies have gotten onto the new avenue for us window cleaners but maybe in time and with enough demand.  I am doing the research now for the occasional use myself.

Say G'nite Gracie
G'nite Gracie