mike henderson

any JW's
« on: October 04, 2005, 03:58:30 am »
i Know that in england there are a bunch of jehovahs witness window cleaners. I live in the states now, but was from sunderland.  Are there any Jw's out there ;).

Missouri mike

Re: any JW's
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 08:37:28 am »
Is the Pope a catholic?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 08:45:44 am »
i Know that in england there are a bunch of jehovahs witness window cleaners. I live in the states now, but was from sunderland.  Are there any Jw's out there ;).

Missouri mike

As this is a window cleaning forum, it might be easier to ask who ISN'T a JW.   ;D
Did you hear about the JW who banged on the pearly gates to get into heaven?  God (or whatever you want to call him) turned to Peter and whispered "Ssh !!  Pretend we're not in"

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 08:54:21 am »
Mike, there's loads of Witnesses here, but everytime a thread starts about them, it turns into mickey taking.

I'm not a Witness myself, but every Witness I've ever met have been very decent people.

So I'm going to lock this thread, to protect any hurt feelings.

Regards,

Tosh.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 09:10:16 am »
Shiner,
I'll allow the joke until I get a complaint!

I have a feeling this thread is going to have to be locked, as a general query I think it is ok, there ARE many J/W's out there cleaning windows, Tosh, the other moderator is involved in a joint venture with one (a big job they have priced up together).
Generally though the J/W threads end out causing too much arguement.

Another valid and related type of question could be; How many Firemen are window cleaners?
There's a fair few of them too.

We shall see, if the thread is one of reasonable debate it shall continue.

Inane replies will be deleted.

Ian

PS,

As a mod I cam reply to a locked topic.

I see Tosh has already locked this!

He's a hard man that Tosh 8) 
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 09:23:11 am »
Another valid and related type of question could be; How many Firemen are window cleaners?
There's a fair few of them too.

Don't get me started on Firefighters.  I HATE them.  Money grabbing skiving gits.  I covered for them during the last fire strikes when they were demanding huge increases in pay.

We were really, REALLY buggered about.  That's why I'm a window cleaner now; because of the greedy-ruddy Firemen.

They were wanting massive pay rises for what?  Sitting around a station watching videos and sony play-stationing all day.  It's not even a dangerous job.  Statistically very few get killed compared with the armed forces, fishermen and probably window cleaners.

Not only that, they get 44 applicants for every vacancy; so there's no need to pay them more money for the purposes of retention.

And fancy them putting people's lives at risk, striking all the time for more cash and leaving the poor public at the hands of ill-trained soldiers and ageing Green Goddesses.

If they strike again and your house goes on fire.  Don't wait for a Green Goddess.  Just tip some petrol on the flames and get it over with.  The end result will be the same.

Still locked.

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 09:45:10 am »
Message from The Shiner:

Hi Tosh.
I can't respond on the thread as you've locked but I just need to
clarify
something.
The mild joke that I posted was meant as pure humour rather than
malicious.
I've even told JWs that joke and they all loved it.  However, you were
right